Gynecologist — endocrinologist: in some cases, appeal to the specialist
Endocrine diseases occupy a leading position among all available faced by women throughout life. From birth to old age, and hormonal changes. The proper functioning of the hormonal system provides coordinated work of the whole organism. Gynecologist-endocrinologist is engaged in identifying and addressing the pathological changes in hormone levels in the organs of the reproductive system. A comprehensive approach to the diagnosis and treatment of all gynecological endocrine diseases explains the demand for such professionals.
What is the responsibility of the doctor
Not to be confused with a regular endocrinologist and gynecologist-endocrinologist. Contrary to popular belief that this doctor is only concerned with the treatment of diabetes and thyroid diseases, the responsibilities of the gynecologist-endocrinologist is not the case. A specialist with higher medical education, the obstetrician-gynecologist specializing in endocrine pathology in their field.
Unlike an ordinary doctor, gynecologist-endocrinologist, conducts a more thorough diagnosis of the organism, and collects data about existing hereditary diseases, lifestyle, habits. Advice of such a specialist may take from 30 to 60 minutes.
Specialist must meet certain criteria:
- to have sufficient knowledge about the structure and functioning of the reproductive and endocrine systems and every organ in particular;
- be able to distinguish normal physiology from pathological, to regulate the interrelationship of the various systems of the body;
- to have sufficient knowledge of the clinical manifestations of various diseases, the characteristics of flow and the factors causing their appearance;
- to have knowledge about the peculiarities of treatment of diseases in adults and children (adolescents).
- to understand the mechanism of action of drugs of different groups have sufficient information about their effectiveness, possible side effects;
- to determine the causes of diseases, the reactivity of a female organism, a predisposition to allergic reactions;
- to be able to provide emergency assistance in case of emergency;
- to interact with experts in different fields at the complex diagnosis;
- to have sufficient knowledge about all hormonal drugs, registered on the territory of the Russian Federation and foreign equivalents, the principle of their action from different age groups;
- have the skills to operate diagnostic and therapeutic equipment;
- to arrange a physiotherapy, Spa treatment of the patients during the rehabilitation period;
- to control the mode of the day and nutrition of patients with endocrine disorders;
- to educate about healthy lifestyle.
A doctor “gynecologist-endocrinologist” should not only have theoretical basis, but also the ability to apply it in practice.
Highly professional gynecologist-endocrinologist to determine the following characteristics:
- objectivity in the diagnosis;
- the ability to provide expert assistance;
- the sequence in the solution of tasks;
- the ability to apply the methods of Express diagnostics;
- execute necessary manipulations;
- conscientious attitude to work.
In some cases, require the services of a gynecologist, endocrinologist
The advice of a professional gynecologist-endocrinologist required in the diagnosis and treatment of the following pathologies:
- Infertility of endocrine Genesis. Gynecologist-endocrinologist helps to find the reason of such condition, assess hormone levels and the possibility of spontaneous pregnancy. The doctor selects the treatment, allowing the woman to feel the joy of motherhood or recommends to undergo the procedure of IVF.
- Miscarriage associated with an imbalance of female sex hormones. Indication for consultation with a specialist is two or more miscarriages.
- Menstrual disorders (amenorrhea, oligomenorrhea, premenstrual syndrome, etc.).
- Conditions associated with hyperandrogenism (excess male hormones).
- Pathology of the adrenal cortex, affecting the course of the menstrual cycle, conception and pregnancy.
- Dishormonal diseases of mammary glands (benign tumor gormonozawisimae).
- Abnormal development of the gonads. This category includes diseases such as polycystic ovaries, dysplasia, cryptorchidism, and malformations of reproductive organs (female hermaphroditism – true and false).
- Hormonal imbalance. Lack of female sex hormones reduces the level of FSH and LH hormones, and contributes to increased production of gonadotropins. In this case, see primary or secondary amenorrhea, hypoplasia of the reproductive organs, and mammary glands.
- Early puberty in girls (the appearance of menstruation before 11 years). The main consequences of this situation are functional disorders of the menstrual cycle, reproductive organ hypoplasia (hypoplasia of the uterus, fallopian tubes, mammary glands, ovaries), the appearance of body stretch marks because of the rapid growth of the subcutaneous fat. And later maturation of the reproductive system (menstruation after 14 years).
The most common tests prescribed by a doctor:
- Diseases of the reproductive organs: swabs from the vagina, cervical canal for further cytological and bacteriological examinations. In addition, conduct a colposcopy and cervical biopsy in the lesion (as indicated), ultrasound diagnostics of small pelvis organs and other research methods.
- Diagnosis and treatment of infertility: the level of estrogens, progesterones, androgens, follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone, testosterone and other species.
- Gynecological problems related to the thyroid gland: thyroxine, thyroid stimulating hormone, antibodies to thyroglobulin, peroxidase test for the production of thyroid hormones.
- Conditions associated with metabolic disorders: a detailed analysis of blood (glucose, hemoglobin, insulin, pancreatic amylase and lipase). In addition, carry out glucose tolerance test and other tests.
These are the basic types of analyses that may be required during diagnosis of pathological conditions. The list of required procedures will be announced by the doctor after the consultation.
Assistance of the gynecologist-endocrinologist needed in the diagnosis of many diseases. Not every medical facility has a staff this position. However, in the interest of the woman to make the effort to find highly qualified gynecologist-endocrinologist. The disease is diagnosed at an early stage of development, it is much easier to eliminate without any negative effects on the body.
To choose a doctor in your area