Herbs increase progesterone in women
Insufficient production of progesterone can be successfully adjusted with the help of recipes of traditional medicine. Medicinal plants, including raspberry, protrek, cuff and Potentilla is recommended for the stimulation of the conception, normalization of menstrual cycle and treatment of some diseases of the reproductive system. To achieve a lasting result of herbal teas should be consumed on certain days of the menstrual cycle for the past 2 – 3 months under the supervision of a physician.
Herbs that increase progesterone in women
Low progesterone is a common hormonal disturbance in women, leading to diseases of the reproductive system, including infertility and spontaneous abortion. Correction of this condition requires a comprehensive approach, a major component of which is the use of traditional medicine.
The use of medications based on herbs gently but effectively stimulates the production of the missing hormones, and often allows you to do without medication.
Symptoms, causes, and consequences of low progesterone levels
Progesterone – a steroid hormone produced by the yellow body of the ovary. Its main functions are to prepare the woman’s body to fertilize, saving the life of an embryo after conception and its development throughout the pregnancy. In addition, progesterone regulates the menstrual cycle affects the skin, hair, intestines and endocrine glands.
To reduce its concentration in the blood below normal is indicated by the following symptoms:
- vaginal bleeding not associated with menstruation;
- irregular menstrual cycle accompanied by severe premenstrual syndrome;
- pain and heaviness in the breast;
- mood swings;
- frequent headaches;
- dry skin;
- swelling of the face and extremities;
- miscarriage (miscarriages in the early stages).
The main reasons for insufficient production of progesterone include long-term use of hormones, any chronic and hereditary disease, physiological characteristics of the organism, a strict diet, stress, bad habits, excessive or insufficient exercise. Often hormonal failure cause inflammatory diseases, cysts, tumors and neoplasms of the pelvic organs.
In addition to problems with conception and child bearing insufficient levels of the hormone leads to a high risk of ectopic pregnancy and developmental abnormalities of the fetus, negatively affecting the overall health of women.
Herb for increase progesterone
There are several plants that have the ability to normalize hormones in women:
- red raspberry – leaves and berries;
- protrek ordinary (chasteberry, chaste tree) – the fruits and shoots;
- common cuff – the leaves;
- cinquefoil goose – stems and leaves;
- pasque meadow – stems and leaves;
- the common plantain seeds;
- wild yams (Dioscorea wild), leaves.
Components contained in the leaves, shoots and fruits of plants, regulate the pituitary gland, catalyzing the synthesis of luteinizing hormone, which accelerates secretion of sex hormones, including progesterone. As its production is directly associated with the menstrual cycle, for maximum efficiency of treatment doctors recommend to drink infusions from 15 to 25 days after onset of menstruation. To achieve stable results, the treatment should be carried out within 2 – 3 months.
Indications and contraindications
Herbal treatment can be carried out only after consultation of the endocrinologist on the basis of biochemical analysis of blood. Drinks based on herbs that increase progesterone levels, can be used in the following cases:
- to normalize the menstrual cycle;
- when cystic and other diseases of the ovaries in the complex therapy;
- in menopause to prevent osteoporosis, tumors of the uterus, ovaries and mammary glands;
- in menopause to eliminate unpleasant symptoms;
- to stimulate conception.
If pregnancy has already occurred, to take any drugs of vegetable origin is strictly prohibited.
Other contraindications include:
- allergic reaction to any part of the plant;
- exacerbation of any chronic disease;
- hormonal means;
- diseases of the stomach and intestines;
- pathology of kidney and urinary tract;
- high or low blood pressure;
- the presence of blood clots;
- gormonozawisimae tumors of any localization.
Remember that virtually all medicinal plants to increase the content of progesterone, are poisonous, so do not exceed the recommended dosage of drugs based on them is prohibited.
Rules for the use of vegetable raw materials
For security purposes it is recommended to use inside only purchased in the pharmacies of herbs, and charges based on them. Self-harvesting of plants, the type and the origin of which is not in doubt, should be carried out in dry weather, outside the city, away from the road. Drying cut fruits and herbs in a dry, well-ventilated area, gathered in small bunches.
To preserve the nutrients it is best not to prepare decoctions and infusions of herbs and fruits. Plants should be brewed in a clay, glass or enamelware. Grind them best before the actual use.
To select the optimal recipe based on the individual characteristics of the organism and accompanying diseases, it is necessary to consider the beneficial properties of herbs applied:
- Raspberry promotes conception, leads to normal endometrium and ovaries.
- Protrek ordinary most effective for the treatment of infertility, polycystic ovaries, endometriosis and polyps in the vagina, as well as the prevention of mastitis and diseases of the breast;
- Cuff normalizes the menstrual cycle, helps with heavy bleeding and spotting between periods;
- Cinquefoil goose facilitates the unpleasant symptoms of menopause;
- Pasque meadow is effective for the treatment of inflammatory diseases of genital sphere in women;
- Wild Yam and seeds of plantain strengthen progestogenic action of the remaining components of herbal.
If low progesterone levels is accompanied by an imbalance of thyroid hormones in the drink made any of these recipes, it is recommended to add a small amount of herb the red brush.
Recipes based on herbs
Traditional medicine offers several recipes for drinks based on vegetable raw materials to increase progesterone in women, the most effective of which is given below.
Recipe No. 1
Grind the fruits of prutnyaka ordinary, pour 2 tablespoons without top in an enamel container and add 2 cups of boiling water. Close the lid, leave overnight, then filter the infusion through cheesecloth or a strainer. This amount of fluid to drink throughout the day, breaking into small pieces 2 – 3 tablespoons.
Recipe No. 2
Combine in equal proportions of dried or fresh leaves and fruits of raspberry and milled fruits of prutnyaka. When heavy menstruation it is recommended to add the cuff and bloodroot. Brew a pinch of the mixture with glass heated to 70 – 80 °C boiled water, to insist under the lid and filter. Taken three times per day at the same time after a meal.
Recipe No. 3
Grind psyllium husk and dry leaves of lady’s mantle in the ratio of 1:2. Brew 2 – 3 tablespoons homogeneous mixture Cup boiling water, cover for one hour, then strain. Drink the infusion three times a day, at the same time one tablespoon.
Recipe No. 4
Mix the raspberry leaves and Dioscorea (wild Yam) in about equal proportions. Brew 2 – 3 tablespoons of the herbal tea two cups heated to 70 – 80 °C boiled water, stand under the lid for one hour and filtered. The resulting volume of fluid to drink in small portions throughout the day.
Recipe No. 5
2 – 3 tablespoons of milled dried leaves of raspberry with dried or fresh fruits, pour 1 – 1.5 liters of boiling water, stand under the lid for a few minutes and use it as the main drink after a meal. Can be mixed with boiled water, tea and other beverages.
To herbal treatment gave the desired result, you must follow some recommendations:
- To avoid the use of plants and herbs that suppress the production of progesterone. These include licorice, red clover, fruit, nutmeg, mint marsh, Mandrake.
- Eating stimulates the synthesis of sex hormones products: walnuts, sunflower seeds, olives, eggs, cheese, milk, beans, any fish, rabbit meat and Turkey.
- On a monthly basis to monitor the level of progesterone. Biochemical analysis venous blood should be taken for 21 – 23 days after the start of the last menstrual period. The fence material is carried out strictly on an empty stomach.
In addition, it is recommended to take a blood test for hormone levels of the thyroid gland, and ultrasonography of the pelvic organs and the thyroid gland.
Sometimes herbal treatment is insufficient, and the doctor prescribes therapy hormonal products based on progesterone. In this case, the receiving herbal medicines should be discontinued so as not to provoke excessive secretion of the hormone.