Hormonal infertility, what tests for hormones to take
The human body is a complex biological mechanism where all processes are finely tuned and working like a clock. Hormones start and stop the reaction, vyrabatyvaet simply quantity at the right time. Of course, this is the perfect picture. Our watches are inclined to act up, they are in a hurry, late for something. The reasons for this is the mass: from serious diseases to minor daily stresses. The result of any such failure may be hormonal infertility.
Every problem in the body can affect the production of a hormone. Thus the body signals about the undesirability of pregnancy, because there is an imbalance. Hormones for infertility produced in the wrong concentration or the wrong time, because conception is impossible. Establish the diagnosis of endocrine (hormonal) infertility, should find the reason that caused the failure, recover, restore hormonal balance, and desired pregnancy will come.
How to pass tests with endocrine infertility
Symptoms of hormonal infertility in women can be menstrual cycle, the complete absence of menstruation, increased or reduced body weight. But most often a hormonal imbalance does not manifest itself and can only be detected in laboratory studies. Because for an accurate diagnosis tests have to take at different times as directed by the doctor.
General rules for blood donation for research on hormones:
- rent blood from a vein;
- the best time is before 10 am;
- prior to blood sampling is not desirable to eat and drink;
- it is necessary to refrain from reception of hormonal and (if possible) any other drug within a few days;
- men pass tests for hormones on any given day, women — strictly on doctor’s orders.
Day of the cycle is crucial for the informative value of research in women.
In addition, there are recommendations for certain procedures. Research on the hormones that affect fertility can be re-appointed in different phases of the cycle. This helps the doctor accurately determine the cause of hormonal imbalance and provide adequate treatment.
Abbreviated FSH, synthesized by the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland. Due to its action in the female ovaries develop follicles, increases the level of estrogen in the uterus endometrium grows. In males, FSH influences the growth of the ejaculatory canals, the production of testosterone, and maturation of spermatozoa.
Peak production of the hormone in women is preceded by ovulation. It happens in the middle of the cycle, after which the concentration falls. Blood FSH administered 3-5 days from the onset of menstruation. To check the follicle may shift the analysis up to the 8th day. In the second half of the cycle (19 — 21 days), re-assign the study. As a low and high content of FSH may be the reason that pregnancy does not occur.
LG is one of the three pituitary hormones involved in the maturation of the follicle, release of oocyte, formation of the corpus luteum. The maximum amount can be detected the day before ovulation when the concentration increases tenfold. On the “surge” of luteinizing hormone to judge the occurrence of ovulation in women. On the principle of detecting increased amounts of LH based pharmacy ovulation test.
LH plays an important role in male reproductive health. Analysis of the test can be assigned to both partners. Men can be examined any day on an empty stomach, and women have to wait 6 — 7 days from the beginning of the menstrual cycle. If necessary, the doctor will prescribe the analysis in the second phase again.
An important indicator when interpreting the results is the ratio of FSH and LH, for the proper completion of all processes required a strict balance. For normal operation of the reproductive system in the adult person the ratio should be 1 to 2.
The third pituitary hormone, is required to study in infertility. As the name implies, it is responsible for lactation after childbirth, besides controlling ovulation. Increased concentration reduces the production of FSH, which necessarily occurs during pregnancy but may be an obstacle to conception. A deviation from the norm in any direction leads to newsreview of the follicle.
For correct interpretation of results is important for giving blood in the morning hours, with a mandatory rest period of at least 30 minutes: excitement, discomfort, physical exertion or recent sexual intercourse affect the outcome of the analysis. Hormone levels fluctuate a lot during the day, the greatest production of prolactin takes place in the dream, because between waking and procedure must necessarily pass a few hours.
Reliable they consider the results of tests taken with an interval of 2 weeks in both phases of the menstrual cycle.
Estradiol and testosterone
Considered to be respectively female and male hormones. Both are present in humans irrespective of gender, the difference is only quantitative. These substances are made under the influence of pituitary hormones responsible for sexual development and reproductive function of the person, respectively the floor.
Women and men with infertility can donate blood for levels of these hormones any day. An important diagnostic indicator is the definition of their relations to each other, which ensures their correct operation.
- Progesterone — the hormone that produces yellow body, thus preparing the endometrium of the uterus for the attachment of the egg. For the study prescribed analysis in the second half month period (after ovulation). Upon successful attachment of the egg inside the uterus, the increased level of progesterone works to maintain pregnancy. Is also produced by the adrenal cortex and also by the placenta during pregnancy.
- DHEA-sulfate is synthesized in the adrenal glands, its high or low value to diagnose various pathologies in the hormonal synthesis. Is the “building material” in the production of sex and steroid hormones.
Increased concentration of steroid hormones (for example, due to intake of steroid drugs in sports) inhibits the production of FSH and LH and, with time, can completely stop her.
At deficiency of thyroid hormones (hypothyroidism) inhibits the synthesis of testosterone and estradiol, which affects the production of sex cells. The normal flow of all processes of the menstrual cycle is broken, the pregnancy is progressing with complications. Hypothyroidism diagnosed in nearly 30 % of infertile women.
- TSH — thyroid stimulating hormone, is produced by the pituitary gland, regulates the production of all biologically active substances in the thyroid gland. Violation of TSH levels and infertility is often diagnosed together. Its concentration is a universal indicator of the functional capacity of the thyroid gland.
- T3. A separate study on this hormone is not carried out, its concentration is determined in a complex with TSH and T4. Normal amount of T3 in the blood is not a reliable indication of adequate function of the thyroid gland.
- T4 hormone T3 is derived from, the exact balance of TSH are very important for reproductive.
- Antibodies to TSH, identified in the analysis can confirm the autoimmune nature of hormonal disorders.
Doesn’t matter what days of cycle tests on thyroid hormones for infertility. The main thing is to adhere to the General rules of preparation for the hormonal examination and 2 days to stop taking hormones.
In identifying the hormonal nature of infertility and the establishment of its exact causes, you receive the opportunity to undergo appropriate treatment or supportive therapy and to establish a thin body. All hormonal drugs for infertility selected by the doctor individually for each. Accurate dosing and compliance with recommendations for their appointment to ensure the success of the treatment and bring the desired pregnancy.