Hot flashes in women, reasons why burning up with fever
Women of all ages may occasionally experience discomfort in the form of feelings of heat and redness of the face, which are called tides. Why do they arise? Whether caused by hot flashes in women with menopause or may be other reasons for their appearance?
The main causes of tides
The most common reasons include:
- endocrine diseases;
- diseases of the nervous system;
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- age-related changes (menopause);
- the effect of medicines.
Diseases of the endocrine system
The most common causes of heat impaired function of the thyroid, diabetes or adrenal disease.
- The malfunction of the thyroid gland. The reason for the sweating in women may be hyperthyroidism. With increased production of thyroid hormones disrupted all organs. Can increase the pressure, there are palpitations and pain in heart. The woman is sweating and begins to lose weight at a fairly good appetite. There are signs of nervous irritability, sweating, General irritability, the gleam in his eyes, the increase in eyeballs. In the neck you may notice the enlarged thyroid gland.
Most often these symptoms are in diffuse toxic goiter. A woman can disturb a night hot flashes and feeling of heat in the body, which is sometimes confused with the climacteric phenomena. To understand why the person feels hot, will help thyroid ultrasound and blood test for hormones. Therapy medical. In severe nodular goiter is recommended the operation after the normalization of hormone levels in the blood.
- Diabetes. Sometimes there are tides in diabetes. This disease often occurs in women, inclined to obesity, often combined with high blood pressure. Appear malaise, thirst and need to drink plenty of liquids, can be weight loss. During physical exertion or after a meal there is a feeling of heat, sweating.
The blood tests revealed an increase in fasting glucose levels. Treatment consists of a diet with restriction of sugar and other carbohydrates, chronic administration of drugs that reduce the level of glucose in the blood.
- Pathology of the adrenal glands. Hot flashes in women are hormones adrenaline and noradrenaline. Cause increased production of hormones can be adrenal tumors. These hormones affect the heat exchange and vascular tone. With their abundance increased blood pressure, there is increased nervous excitability, disruption of the heart, high fever during meals and tides. This condition may be adrenal tumors — pheochromocytoma.
To understand why the person feels hot, you need to take a blood test for hormone levels, a CT. Upon detection of the tumor is treated with surgery.
Diseases of the nervous system
Among all the diseases of the nervous system the most frequent reason that causes the tide blood to a person, is a vegeto-vascular dystonia. The cause of this disease is a violation of the nervous regulation of vascular tone. The centre of regulation is the hypothalamic-pituitary system of the brain.
Hereditary predisposition in the period of hormonal adjustment of the organism manifest the symptoms of this disease. A teenager complains of hot flashes and hot flashes after eating or physical exertion, sometimes hot in the morning. Appear fluctuations in blood pressure, mood swings and emotionalism, characterized by pain in the heart and arrhythmias.
The disease is treated together by the therapist or cardiologist. There is a mandatory examination of the nervous and cardiovascular systems — blood and urine tests, electrocardiography, echocardiography, and other examinations indicated. Used in therapy sedatives and tranquilizers, antihypertensives and antiarrhythmic agents.
Hot flashes in women can be caused by organic brain damage. In tumors, hemorrhages there is a violation of thermoregulation, it increases body temperature, without any infectious diseases. The increase in temperature is accompanied by a feeling of heat, hot flushes, redness of face, sweating and General malaise. To determine the most appropriate treatment should be examined by a neurologist, a CT brain or MRI
Diseases of the cardiovascular system
When increased blood pressure appears redness of the face, sensation of heat, headache. If such symptoms appear in women older than 50 years, they often simulate the beginning of menopause.
Hypertension is a disease the symptoms of which usually appear in adulthood, women tend to be overweight. With increasing pressure artisanal over 120⁄80 mm Hg. you need to be wary and to visit a physician or cardiologist for examination. The doctor will prescribe the usual blood and urine tests, ECG examination, ultrasound of the heart and kidneys. After confirmation of the diagnosis will have to regularly take antihypertensive drugs.
The most common cause of tides and the heat from women over 50 is hormonal changes the body, called menopause. In premenopausal women have reduced production of female sex hormones of estrogen, thus there is a failure in the hypothalamic-pituitary system, will appear:
- increase in blood pressure and body temperature;
- arrhythmia and heart pain;
- sudden hot flashes to the head, accompanied by facial flushing and sweating, usually occurs after eating.
How much happens on the day of the tides depends on fluctuations in the level of hormones in the blood. Such changes in the body can last one year or more. In order to find out why burning up with fever, you must consult a gynecologist. The survey plan includes the analysis of blood and urine, smears from the vaginal flora and Cytology, ultrasound of the pelvic organs, blood test for sex hormones and the clotting of blood. After examination and exclusion of organic pathology can take the prescribed therapy.
In the climatic period gynecologists often prescribe hormone replacement therapy, which will help to get rid of the tides, to normalize mood and sleep, will help to maintain youthful skin and body.
The tumor is localized in the brain region hypothalamic-pituitary system causes tides due to the dysfunction of thermoregulation center. Can be sweating and fever, sensation of rush of blood to the head. The second reason for the emergence of such symptoms may be a tumor of the stomach or intestines, the toxins secreted by tumor cells, can lead to similar symptoms. Treatment with any tumor surgical followed by radiation or chemotherapy.
Any infectious diseases including the common cold, have an incubation period. This is the first days of the disease when early signs of disease are erased, there may be sweating, weakness and a rush of blood to the head. When measuring the temperature revealed a low-grade fever. The treatment will depend on the causative agent. Are usually prescribed antiviral or antibacterial drugs. It is not necessary to self-medicate, and it is better to ask for help to the therapist in order not to miss serious infectious disease.
Side effects of drugs
Some medications prescribed to treat other diseases, can cause hot flashes and hot flashes. Among these drugs, nicotinic acid and nicotinamide, included in the composition of various drugs (e.g., Cytoflavin and Pikamilon), magnesium sulfate, vasodilators, hormonal agents, antidepressants and antipsychotics.
Therapy will depend on the underlying disease. But regardless of the cause of the tides, we can recommend the universal medicines, which will help to cope with unpleasant symptoms.
- To remove excessive agitation will help sedatives plant-based or synthetic means. The strongest of these are the antidepressants and tranquilizers that can be prescribed only by the attending physician. You can take pills or grass motherwort and Valerian preparations “Glycine” and “Novopassit”. Among the homeopathic remedies popular the drug “Calm”.
- If the symptoms are associated with menopause or hormonal disorders, you must apply the hormone treatment recommended by your doctor. This is the most effective treatment for hot flashes. Their own to begin taking drugs is dangerous, as it can aggravate symptoms so how to treat hot flashes with hormone drugs can only recommend a doctor.
- If hot flashes and hot flashes are accompanied by increased blood pressure, need to take antihypertensive agents. Once when hypertensive crisis can take a pill Capoten or Nifedipine under the tongue, but regular therapy can only recommend the doctor.
These drugs will help only as adjuvant treatment. Herbs can be used in the tides caused by the menopause, however, a more serious cause may be ineffective.
- Calming effect have a decoction of motherwort, peppermint, Valerian, chamomile and lemon balm. They can be brewed and taken instead of tea.
- Contain female sex hormones soybeans, clover, ginseng, blue, flax oil.
- Reduce hot flashes herbal teas of sage and hops.
It should be remembered that in large doses, even plants can have a detrimental impact on the body, so please don’t use them uncontrollably.
Needless to say, when the tide is to abandon bad habits. Alcohol and Smoking itself can have a detrimental effect on hormone levels and the condition of the vessels and cause the tides. Need to rethink your diet: the food should be varied, contain sufficient vitamins. Active lifestyle, sufficient physical activity, exposure to fresh air, replacement of tea and coffee for normal water are all factors that will contribute to a speedy recovery.