How are periods during menopause
Age has its own impact on the lives of women gradually hormonal changes in her body, the amount of generated estrogen and progesterone decreases, which leads to menopause. Menopause periods stop and are more likely to pathology than normal so they should be treated with great caution and try to figure out what their reasons.
How are periods during menopause?
Sometimes after 6 months, 2 years or 5 years after menopause period can come again, which causes a lot of anxiety in women. When menopause period can proceed as follows:
- cyclical menstruation, which take place over time, begin suddenly and gradually disappear;
- acyclic periods, different abundance, different lengths, can come even twice a month, last for up to seven days and stop and come in 5 – 10 months or even a year;
- monthly that can get out and not appear anymore;
- a protracted period before menopause on the background of reception of hormonal preparations that appear at the beginning of menopause, as a rule, have come to an end with the change of the course of treatment or adaptation of the organism to synthetic hormones.
What causes menstruation?
Period after menopause in fact are not, since the egg does not ripen – it is correct to talk about sexual bleeding. Justifiable reason for menstruation after menopause is the hormonal drugs prescribed by the attending physician.
To worry about it not worth it: highlight if hormonal drugs are themselves, their nature is the progesterone that affect the release of small amounts of blood. A large dose of hormonal drugs can prolong the menstrual cycle for a period of one year. In other cases menstruation should be taken cautiously, and pass an additional examination.
The main causes of menstruation during menopause:
- uterine fibroids;
- violations of the hormonal pill; hormonal imbalance;
- infectious diseases, accompanied by inflammatory process;
- consequences of the use of intrauterine devices;
- traumatic sexual intercourse;
- violation of blood clotting, adenomyosis;
- the thyroid problem: hyperglycemia, hypothyroidism;
- gynecological diseases: vaginitis, fibroids, tumors, polycystic disease, polyps, ablation of the endometrium.
The decreased production of sex hormones leads to the fact that the layer of the endometrium begins to undergo big changes, and improper structure causes prolonged bleeding. Such a condition may lead to tumors in the uterus and its subsequent growth.
Myoma is a benign formation that often accompanies menopause and does not represent a big threat to the life, if treat it in the early stages. Polyps on the walls of the uterus and the vagina also contribute to bleeding.
Hormonal disorders after age 50 are often associated with diets, unhealthy habits like alcohol or Smoking.
- blood allocation after sexual acts, or painful intercourse;
- selection with mucus, streaked dark-red color;
- selection every week or every two;
- heavy bleeding with severe pain;
- the sharp smell of excreta
- discomfort in the lower abdomen;
- the appearance of blood in a year after the cessation of menstruation;
- nausea, dizziness.
All this means that women need urgently to go to the doctor, especially if to speak about long discharge.
I should say that already feeling the aforementioned symptoms, the woman does not always go to the doctor, preferring to hold on to the last. Such a delay can be fatal because excessive bleeding is not able to stop on their own and only stops using special drugs and, consequently, risks to result in large blood loss.
When bleeding accompanied by severe pain, should immediately contact the doctor to make a diagnosis, otherwise the treatment will not work.
The doctors provide the following diagnostic methods:
- the study of a part of tissues for the presence of cancers;
- laboratory tests – PAP smear of the vaginal microflora, blood test;
- palpation of the uterus and abdomen;
- hysteroscopy by inserting a device into the uterus;
- ultrasound examination of abdominal cavity and small pelvis organs;
Only after a comprehensive examination, the doctor may choose the treatment you need.
The applied treatment methods
If menstruation lasts for more than 5 – 10 days, the pain worse, and the number of blood clots increases, required immediate hospitalization and emergency treatment.
She should calm down and call “emergency” assistance to prepare a medical insurance policy and to take a horizontal position. Well bleeding helps cool warmer because low temperature slows down the blood flow. You can also be taken to compensate for the blood loss with chocolate, sweet tea with herbs or rose hips.
In any case, you can not take any medication by yourself, and to make common mistakes, such as applying dry heat to the abdomen, massaging the abdomen, applying warm compresses, the reception warm bath or shower, douching infusions or special trains. All this “warms” the body and enhances the blood flow can therefore lead to deterioration.
In most cases doctors choose conservative treatment, writing hemostatic drugs, but you may need urgent surgical intervention.
During the period of inpatient treatment prescribe medicines therapeutic in nature:
|Methods of treatment||Treatment|
|Physiotherapy||Women are recommended to carry out a complex of special exercises to prevent prolapse of the uterus. Beneficial influence on these processes “Hatha yoga” and “Flex”.|
|Medications with hormonal components||In case of insufficiency of estrogens are used:
|Therapeutic medicines to improve the condition||
|More||Treatment is complex and often requires additional medication in the form:
|Traditional medicine||Herbal medicine is quite popular among women, for example:
Thus, it is necessary to closely monitor their condition after menopause, because sudden menstruation can have serious causes and even threaten a woman’s life.