How long does the menopause in women
In the life of every woman comes autumn. This is due to natural changes in the body, during which the processes of extinction in the reproduction system. This time interval is known in medicine as the menopausal period. And because it often causes discomfort, the question of how long the climax is the is very essential.
The peculiarities of menopause
It is associated with involution of the reproductive system, ie, with the reverse development. With age, the female body observed various changes. This period continues until the cessation of menstrual flow and hormonal activity of the ovaries. Doctors say that it is their (ovaries), the operation determines that the woman is still young. Depends on their work and the quality of her life, and presumably the possible diseases that can be associated with aging.
Not always age defines the beginning of the approaching changes of the body. Duration of menopause depends on the way of her life, heredity, health. The presence of infectious diseases, pregnancies and abortions affect the duration of the menopause. Gynecological conditions arising during the reproductive period, such as fibroids and endometriosis, also determine how many years it will last. For the duration of menopause is influenced by the negative environment in which the woman works and the conditions of its life.
Stages of menopause
Menopause experts conventionally divided into the following stages:
- The premenopausal women. It recent years, women’s fertility when there are disturbances in the menstrual cycle, accompanied by changes in hormone levels and in General health women. For several years before menopause, ovarian function gradually fades away, reduces the synthesis of estrogen, disturbed menstrual rhythm and also changes the duration of the cycles. In the normal course of menopause many women notice a decrease in the intensity of the periods with increasing intervals between them. This period is also characterized by the appearance of the tides, moreover, a woman can become more emotionally unstable.
- The next stage is menopause. She begins her report within one year after the date of the last menstrual period and occurs at 47 – 52.
- The final stage of menopause is postmenopausal (5 years after menopause). At this time the ovaries cease functioning and there is a period of physiological rest of the reproductive system. The ovaries and uterus decrease, the endometrium becomes thinner, the mammary glands due to loss of fat to lose their shape and elasticity, bones become fragile without the support of estrogen suffer heart and blood vessels.
The period of the appearance of menopause
Hard to answer the question when menopause occurs. Most often this happens in 50 years. At the moment the doctors say that he is much younger. A lot of women under the age of 30 years are virtually in a state of menopause. This is facilitated by many negative factors. Among them, Smoking, disturbed rest, constant stress, weight loss with rapid weight loss, prolonged use of contraceptives. All of this can lead to the depletion of the ovaries and the cessation of menstrual flow.
Late menopause is also a deviation from the norm and the evidence of both the presence of gynecological diseases women (fibroids), and problems with the cardiovascular system.
Long-term continuing stress, chemotherapy, psychological trauma are often the causes of cessation of menstruation, with all the consequences of the sudden menopause.
After surgery to remove the ovaries completely unexpected can occur surgical menopause, which is not such smooth as natural. The feeling that comes with it is so strong that require medical correction, which they gradually begin to take place and may disappear altogether.
A characteristic symptom of menopause is hot flashes, and can also be mood changes, increased sweating, vaginal dryness, insomnia, pressure fluctuations, urinary incontinence.
There are several degrees of menopause:
- A mild climacteric syndrome, when preserved performance (tides up to 10 times per day).
- Medium, which is characterized by more frequent hot flashes, headaches, nausea and sleep disorder.
- In severe practically lost health. It found almost half of the women suffering from this disease. Some have problems with the gastrointestinal tract, others hypertension. These are symptoms that you need to pay special attention to in the future, they have not led to the emergence of more serious diseases.
Disorders caused by menopausal syndrome, lasting from several months to two years.
Prevention of the unpleasant symptoms of menopause
Menopausal symptoms in women start to appear after 40. Their severity can be very different and a woman should try to minimize their symptoms because they may significantly complicate her life.
The decision on the choice of treatment of the negative manifestations of menopause is made by the doctor. This period is prescribed sedative drugs, and in more severe cases, we are talking about hormone replacement therapy that can be prescribed only after examination of the woman. The most frequent indicators for this treatment is the need to address the hot flashes, atrophy of the genitourinary system, severe headaches. Hormone treatment has, in some cases, contraindications and even poses a threat to the health and lives of women. Therefore, hormone therapy appoint a specialist.
Menopause in women is treated comprehensively. It is not only drugs of plant origin, homeopathic medicine, but also psycho-, physiotherapy and dietetics.
Proper nutrition — the key to success
Health largely depends on how a woman eats.
- It is necessary to give preference to the dishes of steamed and baked in the oven, the roast should be limited.
- The diet should include the necessary amount of fiber, liquids, foods with omega-3 and magnesium, which normalizes the nervous system.
- You need to pay attention to food that contains vitamin E. It’s salad greens, different nuts, cereals.
- The food is better to slightly insufficient salting, you should limit eating foods with “bad” carbohydrates which include refined sugars, cakes, candy, white bread and polished rice. They can provoke sudden increase of glucose in the blood.
- “Good” carbohydrates should be included in the daily menu. It’s beans and lentils, green beans, leeks, many fruits and vegetables.
- Sharply to remove sugar from the diet is undesirable because it can cause dizziness. Glucose, which will not cause harm to the body, can be obtained from fruits, legumes or cereals.
Disease prevention during menopause
During menopause the acute question of osteoporosis. And to blame the shortage of hormones, because the declining level of estrogen can provide the bones the needed strength. Treatment of osteoporosis typically complex and lengthy. Furthermore, it does not always bring the expected results. That is why it is easier to prevent than to treat. Here, in addition to medical assistance body should pay attention to physical therapy. To slow bone loss and also restore the psycho-emotional state, prevent congestion in the pelvic area will help your running, walking, dancing, Eastern practices (yoga, qigong).
Estrogen deficiency is the cause of various cardiovascular diseases. The risk of atherosclerosis in women during the period of adjustment of the organism increased significantly. Treatment is complex and also requires the use of hormone replacement therapy.
Doctors strongly recommend that all women over 40 to pay attention to their health, regularly visit the gynecologist, cardiologist, endocrinologist, to lead an active lifestyle, develop creative potential.