How to do a surgical abortion
Abortion is surgery, which is carried out to remove the embryo. Surgical aborting involves applying significant injuries to the organs of the reproductive system of women, so if you need of operation safe to do vacuum method early on.
For some women, explanation of information about how to do an abortion, what complications it can cause, is a decisive argument against abortion. In any case, you should not rely on the opinions of those who did the surgery, it is important to entrust your health only to specialized clinics with competent qualified professionals.
The notion of surgical abortion
Surgical or instrumental abortion is the extraction of the ovum for artificial interruption of pregnancy and to cleanse the uterus in incomplete miscarriage. The abortion procedure is done by scraping the mucosa surface of the uterus through the expanded cervix. This type of surgery poses a great threat to women’s health, but is only possible in case of refusal of gestation in the period of over 7 weeks.
Instrumental abortion performed at the request of the pregnant woman, if the period does not exceed 12 weeks. If there are medical indications that prevent childbearing, or social reasons such as rape, pregnancy can be terminated up to 22 weeks.
- the reluctance of women to have a child;
- termination of parental rights:
- the death of a spouse during pregnancy:
- disease, which prevents the carrying of the fetus and pose a threat to the life of the pregnant woman (cancer, diabetes, severe heart disease, etc.);
- alcohol, drug dependence of the mother;
- infection that can affect the development of the fetus (HIV, hepatitis, etc.);
- receiving drugs with teratogenic effect;
- the fetal malformations detected on ultrasound;
- the death of the fetus.
- venereal diseases in the acute stage;
- inflammatory processes in the ovaries, in the uterus;
- pathology blood clotting;
- allergic reaction to painkillers.
In these situations, the question of termination of pregnancy is solved individually. In some cases, additional training is required for the procedure.
Not recommended for instrumental abortion in the first pregnancy in RH-negative women because there is a risk of developing pathology of the fetus in future pregnancies.
The doctor is obliged to tell in detail about how to make abortion, which he has health consequences.
If a woman is determined to terminate the pregnancy, must be pre-tested for:
- syphilis, hepatitis C and HIV;
- RH factor;
- General and biochemical blood tests;
- smear on the flora;
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs;
- ECG and medical consultation;
- gynecological examination.
How to make instrumental abortion?
If test results are normal, a woman is referred to hospital. The doctor performs a pelvic examination, the patient gives written consent for the abortion, confirming that they are aware of how the abortion is done, what the consequences are.
The patient is placed in a common chamber or individual, if such service is paid for. Then it is sent to the operating room, performing or free local anesthesia, total intravenous or paid. Under local anesthesia the patient will be as if half asleep, with General sleep.
So how do surgical abortion?
- If the pregnancy does not exceed 12 weeks, the fetus is small enough to extract the curette. A curette is a special tool, shaped like a sharp spoon. Therefore, a doctor first uses a vacuum pump, which destroys the fruit and renders it part of the pump tubing. Then, the gynaecologist conducts the scraping of the uterus, removing the remains of the collapsed embryo.
- If the pregnancy more than 12 weeks to extract the fetus have to significantly expand the cervical canal. Through the expanded cervix, the doctor tools destroys the embryo and removes a large part of the forceps. Small pieces are retrieved with a vacuum pump. Then, a scraping of the mucosa of the uterine cervix.
The process takes about half an hour. After surgical abortion the patient a few hours remain in the hospital under supervision of doctors. Gynecologist appoints drugs that reduce the uterus, antibiotics.
The postoperative period
Within two weeks the contraindicated woman sex, strong physical exertion, bathing, swimming in open water. After undergoing the abortion, the gynecologist recommends to monitor body temperature and to test for HCG, to make sure that the fruit is completely removed. Possible set extra weight, so you need to eat right. Some women need a psychologist.
7 days after surgical abortion should have a pelvic examination and ultrasound.
Pregnancy after instrumental abortion
Menstrual bleeding after an abortion should wait for the 25th -35th day. Within six months after surgical abortion it is advisable to protect themselves as new, albeit welcome, pregnancy might lead to problems carrying, the body is not completely recovered. After 3 to 6 months menstrual cycle is adjusted, the epithelium of the uterus comes back to normal, with no complications you can get pregnant without fear.
Not all women who decided to terminate the pregnancy, you know how abortion can affect their health. Instrumental abortion frequently causes severe complications:
- Dizziness, fever, malaise.
- Heavy bleeding with pain in the perineum, abdominal. In the worst case, this entails removal of the uterus.
- No secretions when spasm of the uterine cervix. This can cause inflammation. Need to do ultrasound of the pelvis after surgical abortion.
- A positive test identifies a pregnancy, says an incomplete abortion. Required additional treatment because the partially deleted, the embryo may develop with severe abnormalities.
- Endometritis and blood poisoning (sepsis) during infection of the uterine cavity. In order to avoid this, abortion should be done under sterile conditions;
- Trauma of the cervix as a result of unqualified doctors can cause problems when carrying in the future.
- Infertility develops in the case where the surface of the uterus is so damaged that the new embryo is not able to attach to it.
- The occurrence of placental polyp resulting from the fact that part of the chorionic villi they are not removed when scraping. This may be accompanied by a long discharge, pain.
Whether to have an abortion?
When deciding whether to have an abortion it is important to carefully think things through, do not be afraid to consult with loved ones. If there are serious medical contraindications to child bearing, complex malformations of the fetus or conception occurred as a result of rape, then the failure of pregnancy can be a necessary measure.
Abortion, done in a good clinic with experienced doctors, can have minimal negative health effects. But if the reasons are only doubts about the time of birth of the child, fear of condemnation of others, etc., then abortion would be a mistake, sometimes fatal.