In some cases, a cesarean
Cesarean section is a surgical operation to remove the fetus. Like other types of surgical interventions in the human body, it has a number of different indications. Pregnancy and childbirth is a physiological process, and of course, every woman wants to give birth naturally. But there are times when the only effective way to give birth is a cesarean section. When this is done the incision of abdomen and uterus to extract the fetus.
In some cases, a cesarean
The indications for this operation are divided into the situation of the mother and fetus, as well as absolute and relative. Indications for which childbirth is a natural way to hold it is not possible, called absolute.
Absolute indications for surgery from the mothers:
- Overly narrow pelvis: in this case, the fetus cannot pass through the birth canal.
- Mechanical obstruction: tumors, anomalies of development.
- The threat of uterine rupture. When re-birth occurs during surgical interventions on the uterus, which was previously formed scar. The doctor, a leading pregnancy, evaluates the condition of the scar during pregnancy and immediately at birth.
Absolute indications for surgical intervention child:
- Placenta previa. In this situation the placenta is attached to the lower third of the uterus, sometimes directly over the neck, closing the exit to the child. The danger is in the massive bleeding that threatens the health of the mother and fetus. Risks are identified by ultrasound before birth.
- Premature detachment of the placenta. Normally, the placenta separates from the uterus after childbirth, but in some cases this can occur before or during childbirth. This condition is the consequence for the child’s development of acute hypoxia and to women in labor – abundant bleeding.
- A cord prolapse. After the rupture of membranes is first born the umbilical cord and then the baby’s head. The umbilical cord is sandwiched between the wall of the pelvis and the baby’s head, which leads to disruption of blood flow and acute hypoxia.
- The transverse position of the fetus. Usually the fetus in the uterus is vertical, head or buttocks towards the cervix. When the transverse location of the birth naturally impossible.
Relative indications – the state when natural childbirth is possible, but in theory, complications can arise that threaten the life and health of women and children.
Relative indications for surgical intervention mothers:
- Chronic illness of the mother. It heart disease, cancer, severe diseases of the liver and kidneys, nervous system, diabetes, high myopia. These diseases can cause complications in childbirth.
- Severe preeclampsia pregnant women, in which there is a risk in the development of acute hypoxia in the fetus. Manifested preeclampsia hypertension, proteinuria, and edema.
- Clinical incompatibility of the size of the pelvis women and fruit size. Occurs when a large size of the fetus relative to the pelvis of the mother.
- The first birth older than 30 years. Conditional statement, as is estimated, women’s health, and in the absence of any severe abnormalities, the woman may give birth alone.
- Resistant uterine inertia occurs when the medication not have the desired effect on the muscles of the uterus after attenuation of labor.
- Pregnancy, which occurred after prolonged treatment of infertility in conjunction with other complications, as well as after IVF.
Relative indications for surgical intervention child:
- Acute or chronic fetal hypoxia. Acute oxygen starvation can occur when fast rapid childbirth or, on the contrary, in the event of a protracted birth process. Chronic hypoxia develops in preeclampsia pregnant women.
- Breech presentation of the fetus. The danger lies in the risk of developing birth defects and fetal hypoxia.
- Large fruit – more than 4 kg Only in combination with other relative indications.
Indications for cesarean section defines a gynecologist, a leading pregnancy, doctor E. R. doctor or the maternity ward.
When performed surgery
How many weeks Caesarian section? Assign closer to 39 – 40 weeks, when the pregnancy is considered full-term. Before surgery pregnant put in the hospital to undergo additional studies.
To make the right decision the doctor takes into account many factors, such as the pathology of the pregnant woman, fetus weight, health of the mother. It is especially important to know what is pregnancy of the account, is it a singleton or multiple. A pregnant woman needs to stay in hospital for 5 – 7 days before the intended date of operation. The terms of reference for women is the gynecologist in female consultation.
Preparing for surgery
Pregnant take blood for analysis, make a gynaecological smear, urine was collected. To determine the status of the fetus listen to the heartbeat and ultrasound study, CTG. The day before cesarean women allowed to eat light meals. Morning is enema. To prevent thrombosis pregnant wear special compression stockings. Immediately before the operation is performed catheterization of the urethra.
The implementation of cesarean section
A caesarean section is carried out in stages. All stages of the operation are strictly regulated. The course of cesarean section recorded in history. The whole procedure lasts 30 – 60 minutes, of which just 5 minutes is the extraction of the fetus. Duration of caesarean section may change with the development of complications.
Before surgery the woman is one of the types of anesthesia: General anesthesia or epidural anesthesia. Next, the operation will depend on the individual characteristics of the woman and her baby.
The first thing is processed in the stomach with antiseptic. Then the surgeon makes the first incision — the incision of the abdominal wall. The cut can be of two types: transverse and longitudinal. The most commonly used cross-section, as the risk to touch a scalpel to the intestines and bladder are significantly lower. A longitudinal incision is used only in cases of emergency. Make a second incision of the uterus after the fetal bladder is opened, and the doctor gently removes the fruit, and then make the crossing of the umbilical cord. Neonatologist deals with the child, assess his condition, while the surgeon removes the womb of the mother, the placenta and carries out layer-by-layer suturing. Getting stitches or special staples, and top with a sterile bandage. On average, without complications, cesarean section lasts half an hour.
It is important to remember: during the operation, the woman feels no pain. Epidural (spinal) anesthesia or General anesthesia to eliminate completely all the discomfort from the procedure.
Caesarean section is done in a public hospital for free. In private clinics the price for operation can be different.
The recovery period
After surgery the woman is sent to the recovery room no less than a day. During this period, measured pressure, temperature, pulse, frequency and character of respiration. Really watch the tone of the uterus and bladder. The first day can be consumed with water only. On the second day the woman sent to the recovery room and permit the use of broths, mucous cereals, dairy products. On the 5th day carried out the ultrasound on the 6th, with no complications, my braces off. If mom and baby are doing well, they are discharged from the hospital.
Re-operation: indications, features
According to the stereotypes, re-woman giving birth after the first cesarean is forced to give birth surgically for the second time. But is it really?
First and foremost, the doctor is concerned about the quality of the scar after the first surgery. If the scar is untenable, and there is a threat of uterine rupture, the repeated operation.
Other nakazania for re-operative interventions:
- anatomically narrow pelvis;
- transverse or oblique position of the fetus;
- multiple pregnancy;
- fetus weight more than 4 kg;
- weak labors;
- abortion, moved soon after cesarean section (thins the uterine tissue);
- small gap between pregnancies;
- severe disease women;
- pathology of the fetus.
It is important to know that a second cesarean section, unlike the first, produced on the 37 – 39th week of pregnancy because of the risk of uterine rupture in result of the earlier onset of labour. The risk increases with the development of the fetus and approaching childbirth.
- The second caesarean use a longer anesthesia.
- After repeated operations the woman offered to do a tubal ligation. The uterine walls much thinner, which can further lead to many complications (uterine rupture).
The period of recovery after the second surgical procedure is more severe and longer. There are numerous complications:
- violation of menstruation cycle;
- heavy bleeding with subsequent removal of the uterus.
For a child the risk is hypoxia, which develops after prolonged anesthesia.
Women are recommended to give birth by caesarean section, no need to worry about it. It is only important to promptly undergo routine inspections, consult with your doctor on all matters and to fulfill all the requirements. Such an approach is necessary for the birth of a healthy child.