Increases the basal body temperature is 37 before menstruation, what it means
Before the onset of menstruation women are more attentive to their condition and any changes. All the signs individually, but it should be noted one of them: the increase in body temperature to 37во second phase of the cycle. Temperature rise is associated with increased secretion of progesterone and is completely normal. Before menstruation basal temperature should be reduced. The temperature of the 37 before menstruation could indicate pregnancy or be a sign of serious health problems.
Reasons for the increase in temperature
Not always the women appear sensations that indicate the temperature of 37 for 37.1, and in some cases higher. Reasons why before menstruation increases the temperature, are of two types:
For a few days or weeks to monthly temperature changes. In some cases it is not felt or join specific manifestations. Some women have chills, appears unwarranted weakness in all day, sweating. The symptoms resemble a cold, but they are connected with temporary hormonal changes. Most of the reasons why temperature rises before menstruation, is associated with the following conditions:
- training the body to menstruation;
- premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
Without temporary surges of hormones in women, the onset of menstrual bleeding impossible. The temperature rises under the influence of progesterone and different from the norm not more than 0.5 s. the concentration of the hormone before menstruation is raised and has a direct influence on the thermoregulation center in the brain. His task is to maintain a constant body temperature.
The temperature increase before menstruation for 3 to 5 days normal occurs in all women. Some women do not feel these changes in the body. Jump you can catch if you regularly measure basal temperature. It is recommended to keep a calendar and make a graph that shows the change of values. They look at the rise of the temperature of the line at the time of the release of an egg (ovulation). The basal temperature after monthly decreases of 0.3 – 0.5, which is expressed as a straight line on the graph going sharply down.
Women meet periodically for the delay of menstruation. For taking normal absence of menstruation not more than 3 days. If you constantly monitor the basal temperature, the resulting data will help to determine the presence or absence of pregnancy. When fertilization of the egg occurs, the progesterone gradually decreases. Body temperature before menstruation gradually reduced to normal values. When they appear, the figures on the thermometer do not exceed 36.6 C. If rectal temperature before menstruation different from the norm of 0.3 – 0.5 in combination with a delay, it is considered a direct symptom of conception.
Premenstrual syndrome is a normal condition among women. Changes in 5 – 7 days before the expected day of menstruation, describe this condition. It includes:
- increased appetite;
- abdominal pain aching bottom;
- mood swings;
- breast tenderness.
The normal level should not rise above 38C. In some cases of premenstrual syndrome refers to a pathological condition. Women feel fatigue, weakness and severe pain, significantly reduces performance. In this state, women need a treatment that is performed a few days before the expected day of menstruation. This helps to reduce the severity of symptoms.
The basal temperature increases before menstruation over 38C mistaken for pathology. Therefore, timely diagnosis and treatment.
Graphs of the temperature curve whose values do not exceed 0.5 are considered normal. If the indicator on the thermometer approaching 38C – condition is unfavourable to health. In order to start treatment, you need to understand the reasons. Increase the numbers under the following conditions:
- Adnexitis (inflammation of the appendages). If the temperature is above 37S at 0.5 – 0.7 s, it is considered the main sign of inflammation of the genital organs. Also it should be lower abdominal pain whining character. If the dimension BT during the month remained stable at a high level, it is considered a symptom of gynecological diseases.
- Endometritis (inflammation of uterus). The temperature in this disease before and after menstruation 37S. High levels may persist long-term, which makes this figure one of the main in the diagnosis. Of great importance is the addition of supplementary signs – diarrhea and persistent abdominal pain.
- Infectious diseases of the vagina. During menstruation, the frequency of contact of pathogens in the vagina and the uterus may be significantly increased.
- Inflammation in the gut. Increased to 38C in diseases of the intestines before menstruation and after is a characteristic symptom of the disease. Almost always women complain about the appearance of diarrhea and dryness of the skin, mucous membranes.
- Ectopic pregnancy or interruption of normally occurring. If conception has not occurred in the uterus, menstruation is absent and the temperature may rise to the level 39S. In this situation it is necessary to conduct a test to determine pregnancy and to confirm the blood test for HCG.
- The luteal phase deficiency. Maintain high basal body temperature before menstruation points to insufficient production of progesterone. This condition is accompanied by a shortening of the second phase of the cycle to 10 days or less. Often accompanies infertility.
The definition of basal temperature
Basal temperature is measured in the morning. Its name it received thanks to the low for the day. It must be measured immediately after waking up rectal and definitely not getting out of bed. Physical activity is contraindicated, because it would make the obtained figures are unreliable. With its help determine:
The most common methods for determining ovulation is the use of test strips and basal temperature measurement. Before the release of an egg from the ovary to the indicators on the thermometer first falls. During ovulation there is a rise in basal body temperature to 37 degrees. If conception does not occur, the basal temperature to menstruation is reduced. High basal temperature before menstruation could indicate pregnancy.
This method of determining the temperature is used as a means of contraception. If every month after waking up to record all this data and make a graph, it is not difficult to determine “safe” days during a cycle. The data obtained will help to predict the days that are most favorable for pregnancy planning. Time for conception will be able to establish if there is a problem with conceiving if measured BT is constantly within 3 – 6 months.
Rules for measuring temperature in the rectum
The basal temperature must be measured to 5 minutes. The calendar method is convenient due to the special programs that construct a graph for determining ovulation. To the measured parameter was valid, it is necessary to observe certain rules:
- After waking up it is forbidden to move and especially to rise. Measurement of temperature in the rectum is performed at rest, as any activity will provoke increased blood circulation and improved performance. That was easy to reach the thermometer, it is recommended to put it next to the bed. It is administered into the rectum 4 to 5 cm After the measurement it is necessary to shake, not to do the next morning unnecessary movements.
- The first thermometer, which was used to obtain the first data, and is used in the following days. This condition is necessary to obtain reliable results.
- The measurements are carried out only after uninterrupted sleep at least 6 hours. If you need to get up to use the bathroom, until the next revival should not be less than this time. At the monthly procedure is not cancelled.
- While the choice of poses should be based on what is most convenient – on your side or stomach.
- Put a thermometer can be rectally or vaginally, but the method that improves the accuracy is the temperature in the lumen of the rectum. Among all listed it among the most sensitive methods. So if you are planning a pregnancy, must be measured by rectal temperature before menstruation.
- It is best to choose a mercury thermometer. It is more sensitive and gives less error when the woman measures BT. Electronic thermometers are less accurate because of the characteristics of the application during menses and during ovulation.
- In the schedule, which fills a woman should be lines for special marks – the menstrual cycle, the disease and its symptoms (pain, shivering, weakness, diarrhea), and if temperatures rise during menstruation.
Fluctuations in the parameters during the measurements on the background of complete health are most often associated with changes in female hormones. If the woman never used the calendar method, then begin to measure the temperature noted in the first day of the cycle. In the chart, make a note of the basal temperature during menstruation.
Menstruation, which comes just in time, considered an indicator of women’s health. To control ovulation is needed to keep the calendar data to be entered on rectal temperature. This will allow early detection of any deviation which may occur in the early stages of its development asymptomatic.