Insomnia during menopause: remedies for insomnia during menopause
Why suffer from insomnia during menopause? First of all it is connected with hormones and this is why doctors prescribe hormone therapy.
Insomnia statistics suffer 30 – 40% of women. Most do not consider it a deviation and take action, but it is misleading. A sleep disorder in need of correction and supervision.
The causes of sleep disorders
In addition to hormonal changes, sleep is affected by other factors:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- bad habits.
In order that the treatment gave positive results, you need to get rid of additional factors that affect sleep.
Why is it so important to treat insomnia?
Poor sleep in menopause directly affects the lives of women. Lack of proper rest is dangerous to human diseases, which affect vital systems of the body. A sleep disorder may have the following consequences:
- pathology of the gastrointestinal tract;
- cardiovascular disease;
- diseases of the endocrine system;
Insomnia entails excessive aggressiveness, irritability. Regular lack of sleep leads to chronic fatigue, disorders of memory and attention. Considering all these factors, you need to be serious about such a disease as insomnia.
Side effect insomnia
For each individual disorder of sleep should be the first indicator for seeking help. Doctor’s consultation is necessary if insomnia is troubling from 5 – 10 days. Menopause in women involves a lot of side effects that may bother the person with insomnia. So you need to listen carefully to your body and pay attention to the following points, which can be interleaved with insomnia:
- increase in blood pressure;
- nervous tension;
- chronic fatigue and lack of energy;
- the lack of air.
Insomnia incapacitates the entire body, weakening all its functions. A sleep disorder leads to nervous stress and negative mental state.
Methods of treating insomnia
During menopause you can deal with your insomnia and even win it. For the correction of sleep disorders in women after 50 requires gentle methods. Before you start treatment with drugs, you need to try folk remedies, as well as correct sleeping environment. It is important to pay attention to the following points:
- the choice of the mattress;
- ventilation of the room;
- frequent walks in the fresh air;
- performing breathing exercises;
- a relaxing bath.
Before you go to sleep, you need to switch off for an hour all the gadgets, TV and computer. To be alone with him, drink a glass of warm milk or chamomile tea. It will have a beneficial effect on the nervous system.
Insomnia treatment drugs
Due to the fact that the main reason for insomnia during menopause is hormonal imbalance, then the main treatment is based on hormonal drugs. This allows to cope with disorders and to adjust the sleep.
If the hormonal drugs and traditional methods do not bring results, the doctor prescribes a more powerful means and hypnotics. To take such medications should be under a doctor’s care.
Treatment of insomnia during menopause is primarily a complex therapy, which includes many components. In addition to hormonal correction, it is important to follow other recommendations by the doctor, and also take care of the sleeping conditions.
It must be remembered that insomnia during menopause – not just a sleep disorder. Insufficient attention to this issue can lead to more serious diseases and disorders.
Treatment insomnia during menopause
Traditional medicine is also rich in all sorts of recipes and methods, which focus on the struggle with the sleep disorder. Most popular advices are the following items:
- Chamomile tea – has calming effect, relieves tension and improves the General condition of the whole organism. Tea need to add a little honey or fresh milk – this will allow you to completely relax.
- Take ginger and fennel, this infusion improves the General condition of the body, struggling with lack of sleep and improves the digestive tract.
- Regular consumption of almonds and bananas will help to cope with many challenges. Banana relieves tension in the muscles, and almonds are good for women’s health. Of these two products can make a delicious salad, but not worth it to refill sauces.
- Decoctions of medicinal herbs. Each plant has specific properties that must be used.
To cure insomnia folk remedies it is important and necessary, but they must be used in proper ratio. During menopause every woman will be useful to drink infusions and decoctions of medicinal herbs: they have a beneficial effect on the nervous system and on overall health women.
Side effects of medical treatment
The medication can cause women have a different response. Instability of hormonal and age-related changes can lead to the appearance of the following symptoms:
- increase of body weight;
- changes in the structure of the breast;
- abnormal discharge.
Such symptoms indicate that treatment is not suitable. The manifestation of such symptoms should consult a doctor for the correction of further treatment.
Additional funds to combat insomnia
The solution to the problems associated with sleep – is, of course, multifaceted therapy. In order to get rid of insomnia, not enough medicines or decoctions of herbs. Additional funds in the fight against sleep deprivation easy to use and have the usual recommendations. Here are some of them:
- Exercise, an active lifestyle is the main rule for General health improvement. Will suit light gymnastics, walking briskly, Biking. These simple methods will allow you to get rid of excess weight, strengthen the cardiovascular system. The main thing is to allocate time for training. In the evening it is better to abandon heavy loads on the body.
- It is also important to care about the conditions of sleep. Fresh air in the room is essential to good sleep. When selecting pajamas it is better to give preference to natural fabrics.
- The daily routine is also important. Reduction in the levels of hormones often provoke changes in the usual life of the Charter. It is therefore important to accustom the body to the daily routine.
- Use additional ways to relax the body. Before you go to bed, need to relax. You can use massage, warm bath and soft music.
The value of proper nutrition
Why is it important to watch your diet during menopause? An important issue that requires a professional answer. The work of the body depends on the correct amount of hormones. In women after 50, their getting too little, that is the main reason for major changes. For women this is a big shock, but if such a period is wrong to eat, then unpleasant things will be much more.
Unbalanced diet, according to many experts, is considered one of the major causes of sleep disorders. The transition to a balanced diet should be gradual and taking into account all the individual characteristics.
Nutritionists say that proper nutrition for women during menopause should include the following basic clauses:
- enter in the daily diet of enough fruits and vegetables.
- regularly consumed marine products;
- drink natural teas based on herbs;
- the daily amount of water should be about 2 liters;
- to include in the diet whole grain cereals and bread.
During the transition to a proper diet you need to abandon the following products:
- alcoholic beverages, coffee and strong tea;
- fatty and salty dishes;
If correctly to place all the priorities, the transition to proper nutrition will go smoothly and gently and the stunning changes you will notice after a month. A balanced diet is the path to good health. All recommendations of the doctor saves a woman from embarrassing moments and complications during menopause.