Is it possible to get pregnant with a yeast infection and can a yeast infection prevent pregnancy
Is it possible to get pregnant with a yeast infection? This issue is of interest most women who wish to conceive this baby, but faced with the disease. Thrush is a harmless to health, but bringing discomfort and complications if untreated, the disease, which develops on the genitals. Its development causes the fungus Candida, which in a small amount of it lives in the body of any person, and under certain factors begins its active growth. That is why many would like to know the answer to the question – is thrush getting pregnant, and how the disease can affect the condition of the child?
Does the pathology of the conception of the fetus
Most doctors believe that the fertilization of the egg in the course of candidiasis (another name for the disease) is possible, as the disease is not able to impede the natural process occurring in the body. In addition, expectant mothers in most cases are faced with the development of thrush that is in the early stages. However, to keep the infection caused by the fungus, should not be unheeded, as though it can’t prevent conception, but can harm the health of the baby.
Gynecologists do not advise to become pregnant during the course of candidiasis – better to wait until the woman is completely healed and will be sure her health is all right.
A yeast infection interfere with getting pregnant? No, regardless of the form of this disease it is not able to prevent conception. According to doctors, fertilization is possible both in the acute and in the chronic form, because the yeast does not lead to the closure of the fallopian tubes and the formation of these adhesions, which do not allow the sperm to penetrate the egg.
In addition, the candidiasis fungus does not destroy the male sex cells, does not interfere with the maturation of the egg, and prevent its normal movement. Candidiasis does not cause a negative effect on the endometrium, which is the attachment of the embryo means that the natural fertilization process occurs quite normally.
But still get pregnant during a yeast infection will not work in the following cases:
- in women, there are symptoms of infection of the body – these include itching, profuse white discharge and burning sensation, which can be a major prohibition to conduct a sexual relationship (that’s why doctors suggest to cure the disease completely, and only then carry out sexual intercourse, which will certainly bring pleasure);
- during the outbreak of a pathology or its sudden aggravation in the cavity of the vagina appears acidic environment, which has a rapid detrimental property in the sperm (in this case, a woman can only become pregnant during a course of chronic form).
It is known that during pregnancy to the fetus of any dangerous disease, so answering the question is it possible to get pregnant during the development of candidiasis, you should think carefully because this idea may not best affect the condition of the child.
Planning pregnancy while candidiasis
Treatment thrush related pathologies should be carried out strictly before conception, because they do not know what impact they will have on the child. If you know that thrush when it is the proper elimination are not able to cause harm, other gynecological diseases can do it.
In addition, in order not to interfere with the normal and healthy conception, a woman should give up their bad habits, which are severely undermining the state of the immune system. Because a strong body is able to fight the fungus can not be said about a weakened (during the lowering of the functionality of the immune system the disease may constantly occur, which will cause discomfort in women, and exacerbate the course of pregnancy).
Can a yeast infection cause harm to baby and sexual partner? Maybe that’s why doctors advise inseminated and to have sex only after her full recovery. Only in this case, the pregnancy will be normal and healthy as as men.
What harm carries the infection to the child:
- Fungus can quickly penetrate the cervix, and then the reproductive organ, causing infection of the amniotic fluid, fetus and placenta. All this causes serious consequences for the baby’s health and lead to his death.
- The penetration of infection into the uterus causing fading of the fetus, which most often occurs in early pregnancy. According to statistics, in 30% of cases stop development of the embryo occurred as a result of activation of the fungi Candida.
- If pathology developed in the later period, the kid has potential risk to be infected by the fungus during birth. It occurs in 80% of cases.
Newborn fungus is dangerous because in the process of life he will develop sores and skin lesions and will also be a weakened immune system.
Therefore, doctors say beremennaya only when completely cure the yeast infection, otherwise it will lead to irreversible consequences.
How to successfully conceive a baby
To carry and give birth to a healthy baby, a woman should follow a few tips and recommendations which include:
- After treatment of the infection should restore the normal and healthy microflora of the cavity of the vagina. It is important to adhere strictly to the diet, to eat less food carbohydrates and yeast meals, drink plenty of water and dairy products.
- The rejection of bad habits, and performing light stress on the body. All this will help to strengthen the immune system and protect the body from fungal attack or other bacteria.
- After treatment should be performed monthly to pass a swab, thereby eliminating the risk of relapse.
If, nevertheless, the woman became pregnant during a yeast infection, she should be her treatment, which is based on taking certain medications, adherence to a healthy lifestyle, refusal of sexual relations, minimal amount of stress. Only in this way will preserve the health of the child and to avoid pregnancy complications.