Magnesium – instructions for use
Magnesia — preparation on the basis of magnesium sulfate, which have analgesic, vasodilator, tocolytic, and sedative effect. Magnesia (instructions for use) involves the use of different dosage forms: powder, tablets, solution for injections, vitamin supplements. The therapeutic effect of magnesia is due to the number activitiesthese substance that is included in the preparation.
Dosage form of the drug
Magnesium sulfate (release form) is available in the following variants:
- Powder for preparation of solution (MgSO4). This dosage form is indicated for use as a laxative, cholagogue this diagnostic test gallbladder, intestines. To prepare a solution, the drug is diluted with water (25 – 37⁰С). The concentration of the solution depends on the indication for its use, General condition and individual characteristics of the organism. A solution prepared from sulphate of magnesia, used as an antidote for poisoning salts of heavy metals, chronic constipation (30 g powder 0.5 cups of water). A similar dose can be taken inside. This is the maximum dose for one time use.
Indications for use drugs
Magnesium administered in the following situations:
- cardiovascular diseases, including congestive heart failure;
- prevention of circulatory disorders in the urogenital organs;
- diseases of the digestive system (gastritis, gastroenterocolitis, duodenitis, intestinal dysbiosis);
- the enzymatic deficiency;
- dyskinesia biliary tract, prevention of stagnation of bile;
- weak intestinal peristalsis, chronic constipation;
- menstrual disorders (painful, long period);
- when muscle tone with the aim of oppression contractile ability of the myometrium;
- as vasodilators to increase blood flow in the uterus;
- preeclampsia, eclampsia;
- increase in blood pressure;
- crisis condition with swelling of the brain;
- emotional instability;
- toxic chemical compounds, heavy metals;
- prevention of osteoporosis, demineralization of the teeth;
- when you probe the gallbladder;
- before diagnostic examination of the bowel or with the aim of getting rid of toxins;
- the recovery period after diseases or injuries.
Magnesia as physiotherapy
Physiotherapeutic treatments with the use of Magnesia are part of complex therapy. They are carried out in health institutions and at home:
- Powdered Magnesia is possible to make solutions for wet compresses against swelling in the extremities. To do this, package contents (25 g) was dissolved in 0.5 cups of water at room temperature. The compress can be kept on the body for up to 8 hours. In order to avoid peeling after hygienic treatment of the affected area using a cosmetic cream.
- hanged the content of magnesium in the blood;
- severe degree of renal failure;
- acute diseases of the digestive system;
- acute inflammatory processes in the intestine, rectal bleeding;
- the beginning of labor;
- tuberculosis in the active stage;
- dehydration, exhaustion;
- suspected appendicitis;
- the increase in body temperature;
- individual hypersensitivity of the body to activetestsuite substance.
The use of Magnesia may provoke the appearance of unpleasant symptoms in the form:
- painful sensations in the epigastric region;
- phenomena of dyspepsia (bloating, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea);
- feeling thirsty after applying the product;
- violations of rhythm of cardiac contractions;
- migraines, dizziness when you change body position;
- pain and burning after injection;
- the appearance of pain and infiltration at the injection site medications;
- possible allergic reactions such as rashes on the body.
These symptoms occur more often in cases of overdose of Magnesia. After the drug or reduce the dosage they are themselves. Otherwise, as an antidote prescribers calcium. During treatment, you need to stick to a diet. Emphasis is directed to the use of low-fat products, boiled or baked vegetables, easily digestible cereals.
Simultaneous use of Magnesia with antibiotics reduces their effectiveness (tetratziklinove a row, cephalosporins, macrolides). Magnesium reduces the effectiveness of anticoagulants, digitalis, salicylates, carbonates, phosphates. When parenteral method of administration needs to be a break in 2 – 3 hours after taking the listed medications, to give you an injection or a drip of Magnesia.
Magnesium during pregnancy and lactation
Pregnant and lactating women should take special precautions apply to the use of Magnesia because of its rapid penetration into the blood system and the placental barrier. The doctor prescribes medication, when the use exceeds the probable risk. Magnesia is included in the comprehensive treatment to prevent spontaneous abortion.
Injection of magnesia during pregnancy do to relieve hypertonicity of the uterus. The procedure is carried out in a hospital under the supervision of a qualified professional. Precautions due to the probable side effects for the mother’s body (hypotonia) and developing fetus (depression of respiratory function).
Absolute contraindications to the use of the drug is the beginning of labor (2 hours before the onset of labor), except in cases of convulsions in eclampsia.
Magnesia during pregnancy are shown as a diuretic to relieve swelling in the last trimester. The drug is administered slowly intravenously, tracking the trends: heart rate, blood pressure, tendon reflexes, General well-being.
Magnesium sulfate passes into breast milk, so breastfeeding will stop before the end of therapy.
Detailed description of magnesium sulfate in the user provokes self-treatment at home. Irrational use of medicines causes side effects and complications of existing chronic diseases. The competent approach to treatment increases the chances of a speedy recovery.
Julia: Before this preparation called Epsom salts and is used as a laxative. Today the emphasis is directed on lactulose and probiotics. This is a more gentle option.
Alina: Used magnesium sulfate in the form of lotions after injections of antibiotics for weeks. Noted a positive result.
Anna: Women who are prone to hypotension, you must be careful to use magnesium sulfate. In addition to reducing pressure, there is weakness, drowsiness, apathy.
Jack: Anyone heard of the ointment on the basis of magnesia? Know that there are cosmetic milk, which is magnesium sulfate. It is used as a deodorant.
Irina: I dripped some milk of magnesia during pregnancy in the prenatal period for 3 days for removing uterine tone. This procedure is carried out to all women who are on maternity leave.
Larisa: After intravenous injection of Magnesia I had allergies in the form of urticaria. Therefore, the drug was canceled. Additionally took loratadine within 10 days. Thirsty while taking the medicine.