Medical abortion, what is the advantage?
Medical termination of early pregnancy used in gynecology in the last decades, is recognized as the most sparing method, which eliminates injury to the female genital organs, in contrast to the surgical method vacuum aspiration.
To achieve a positive outcome and prevent post-abortion complications tableted abortion up to 7 weeks of pregnancy. Medical abortion in early pregnancy, despite the absence of surgical procedures, does not exclude the risk of dysfunction of reproductive organs.
What is farmbot?
Non-surgical abortion – the achievement of modern pharmacy, in order to reduce the likelihood of post-abortion complications for women’s reproductive system and body as a whole. But is it really harmless preformed abortion?
The medical method of pregnancy termination is not only traumatic for the body, but also has a number of advantages:
- quick results;
- the absence of surgical intervention;
- the outpatient treatment option;
- short rehabilitation period;
- minimum risk of infection;
- does not require the use of anesthetics.
However, abortion is not a harmless procedure. Chemical abortion can cause complications, one of which is infertility.
Despite the availability of medical drugs with abortifacient properties, in the pharmacy network, the question about how often to have an abortion should be decided by the gynecologist. After the effects of a medical abortion are unpredictable.
The scheme of medical abortion involves taking medication prescribed by a doctor for a fixed period of time. Her gynecologist develops individually for each patient taking into account the General condition of the body, existing contraindications, peculiarities of the hormonal system. The doctor will indicate to what period do medical abortion, in order to achieve the expected result.
Abortion with medication involves oral administration of steroid means antigestagen action and prostaglandins. Drugs for medical abortion interfere with the action of progesterone, which is actively produced in the female body during pregnancy.
A prominent representative of this pharmaceutical group is Mifepristone. Synthetic hormones included in the composition of the drug, increase the frequency of contractions of the inner layer of the uterus by increasing the sensitivity to prostaglandins. Therefore, the Mifepristone gynecologists often prescribed in combination with prostaglandins (Misoprostol, Mirolut, Cytotec, Citotec) to improve the efficiency.
Similar drugs for abortion release as domestic producers (Penkrofton) and foreign (Mifolian, Mifegyn, Mifeprex). Their action is absolutely identical to Mifepristone, the only difference is the price.
Abortion without surgical intervention is carried out according to the scheme established by the manufacturer.
|Time desired effect|
|To 42 days of absence of menstruation||
|After 2 to 48 hours|
In combination with prostaglandins, the dose of Mifepristone (and its analogues) is reduced in two times.
|The pregnancy||Mifepristone||Misoprostol||Time desired effect|
|To 7 weeks||300 mg||400 micrograms (in 36 to 48 hours after Mifepristone)||0,5 – 6 hours|
Permabit carried out in hospital under the supervision of a physician and qualified personnel, to exclude the risk of side effects of synthetic hormones:
- breakthrough bleeding;
- the thromboembolism;
- a drop in blood pressure;
- nausea, vomiting and other phenomena dyspepsia;
- elevated body temperature;
- allergic to medications;
- pain in the lower abdomen caused by abortion in the early stages;
- acute adrenal insufficiency;
- having a panic attack.
A woman wishing to terminate a pregnancy with Mifepristone, you have to know in advance how to prepare for a medical termination, where and how is this procedure.
Chemical abortion for termination of early pregnancy requires the following activities:
- Permabit prescribed, making sure that the woman is pregnant at a delay of menstruation for at least 10 days. Medical abortion is confirmed with a pregnancy test in the early stages.
- Tableted abortion requires refutation of ectopic pregnancy. This fact can be established using ultrasound of the pelvic organs under suspicious symptoms: pain in region of ovaries, fever, symptoms of intoxication of the organism.
- Medical abortion is effective up to 7 weeks of pregnancy. Otherwise, permabit threatens not only the absence of a positive result, but the appearance of the negative aspects. The consequences of medical abortion in the early stages can be very unpredictable, if you do not follow the advice of a doctor.
- Before taking the medicine the doctor explains to the woman the abortion, and what can I take painkillers with medication abortion. In most cases, gynecologists recommend taking Nospanum, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Ketanov. Medication containing acetylsalicylic acid, you should abstain to avoid increasing blood loss.
- After you take the pill the doctor was watching, how is medical abortion. If the patient is sick, appeared dizziness, headache, Allergy, plummeting blood pressure, a qualified staff will provide symptomatic therapy. Therefore, it is important to make women in the hospital in the first hours after the tablets for abortion. Nausea after abortion is common. When you remove the drug from the body with vomit, the doctor will prescribe a second dose after 6 hours.
- In a satisfactory condition and the absence of complaints a woman can leave the hospital. However, with the appearance of unpleasant symptoms you need to contact your doctor by phone or come to the hospital gynecological Department in case of threat to life. The most dangerous effects observed after medical abortion in the first hours, this is profuse bleeding (more than 3 to 4 sanitary pads per hour) and a pronounced deterioration of General condition.
- Tableted abortion can cause complications and in the later period. Therefore repeated consultation of a gynecologist, 3 days after the procedure, and ultrasound of the uterus through the 2 weeks necessary mandatory. Disregard of this recommendation faces a long rehabilitation period to restore the natural hormonal functioning of the reproductive organs.
- Medical abortion can cause complications if it is unsuccessful, removal of the fetus. In case of incomplete removal of the ovum (shell) designate vacuum aspiration (miniart) or scraping of the uterus. The preservation of the fetus with a badly performed procedure is undesirable because of the risk of occurrence of fetal malformations.
- If a woman is breastfeeding, it is necessary to abandon breast type of feeding within two weeks after the procedure.
- Upon discharge of the patient, the physician indicates how often you can do a medical abortion, what is the danger of re-appointment of the incumbent funds. The recovery period after the procedure, permabit lasts for 4 to 6 menstrual cycles. In some cases, to restore natural hormonal levels after medabot required to 12 – 24 months.
The rehabilitation period
The recovery period required for the normal functioning of the reproductive sphere and in a satisfactory condition of the body, the individual. In most cases, the medication abortion in the early stages effectively and goes without any consequences.
To reduce the risk of side effects of the drug, the woman must adhere to security the first week after the procedure:
- bed rest the first 2 days;
- the rejection of sexual activity within 2 – 3 weeks;
- full compliance with hygiene;
- additional consultation with the appearance of unpleasant symptoms followed its recommendations;
- the use of drugs to prevent blood loss and sedatives on the recommendation of a gynecologist will reduce the severity of clinical manifestations;
- the rejection of heavy lifting and physical activity;
- compliance with the rules of contraception to prevent repeat pregnancies.
- the rejection of breast type of feeding for 14 days;
- the lack of factors, traumatizing the psyche;
- medical abortion unplanned pregnancy eliminates a visit to the common areas (baths, saunas) in order to avoid infection of the wound surface;
- ultrasonic diagnosis is carried out to confirm, left or no fertilized egg and the shell, to exclude the possibility of sepsis.
Non-surgical abortion is effective in the absence of contraindications:
- permabit possible only up to the seventh week of pregnancy;
- the presence of uterine bleeding in anamnesis;
- hormone-dependent disease;
- systemic diseases of the liver and kidneys;
- cardiovascular disease;
- bronchial asthma;
- taking anticoagulants or corticosteroids;
- do not use as a routine means of contraception;
- the presence of adhesions in the uterine cavity and cervical canal;
- developmental abnormalities of the reproductive organs;
- receiving excess doses of the drug;
- insufficiency of the adrenal cortex.
Tableted abortion procedure which is performed under the supervision of a physician in compliance with its recommendations. Abortion at home is unacceptable. Only a doctor decides the rationality of the use of tablets instead of abortion with the aim of achieving expected result. Medical abortion diagnosed at an early stage of pregnancy in the presence of contraindications for the procedure threatens no less serious consequences than a mini abortion and a curettage of the uterus.