Menopause — no periods can you get pregnant
Hormonal reorganization of an organism during the period of fading of reproductive ability is called menopause. Reproductive period is the age of 18 — 40 years, although pregnancy is not excluded earlier or later than these limits. The aging process occurs individually, but many believe that after forty-five can not protect themselves and get trapped. To find out: can you get pregnant during menopause, you need to understand which phase of the extinction of the capacity to bear children is a woman’s body.
Stages of menopause
The reproductive period of a woman’s life is called perimenopause. It begins with the first ovulation and ends with the cessation of regular menstruation. The process of extinction of the procreative capacity is called menopause and is divided into the following stages:
- Perimenopause. The phase duration is about five years. Coming four years before the last menstrual period. Is characterized by impaired cyclicity ovulation and the abundance of the hemorrhage. The time of the last critical days called menopause. The final loss of reproductive function occurs after the fiftieth anniversary.
- The postmenopausal women. Follows perimenopause and lasts until the end of life. Characterized by lack of estrogen, leading to unpleasant symptoms:
- hot flashes;
- night sweats;
- jumps in blood pressure;
- shortness of breath;
- the disappearance of libido;
- vaginal itching;
These symptoms worsen after menopause. Then they fade. But start losing bone mass, impaired vascular elasticity. Develops osteoporosis, the bones become fragile, easily broken. Occur cardiovascular disease.
The probability of conception
The presence of menstruation is a symptom of the reproductive function. Can you get pregnant if no period? The inability of the body to ovulation eliminates the possibility of conception.
Medicine has learned how to ensure conception by artificial (in vitro) conception. Preparing for unnatural insemination involves «artificial menopause». Procedure is necessary to eliminate gynecological pathologies that prevent conception. After treatment, the reproductive ability of the patient recovers and a half to four months.
Up to forty, the body is able to conceive and complete carrying a child. In subsequent years there is an endocrine rebuilding. She prepares the woman to menopause. Can you get pregnant during menopause? The chances of conception for different ages are shown in the table.
|Age, years||Changes||The probability of conception|
|<45||Stops ovarian function. Reduces the number suitable for fertilization the follicles. Ovulation occurs regularly.||High. You need to use protection|
|>45<50||The menstrual cycle is disrupted. Possible menopause||Low, in the presence of ovulation should be safe.|
|>50||Ovulation stops. Comes menopause||Negligible. Possible when conducting therapy.|
Attenuation of physiological processes takes place gradually. Hormonal alteration takes about a decade and ends 55.
The symptoms of menopausal pregnancy
Signs of an approaching menopause and in pregnancy like:
- The counter-cyclical ovulation. Pregnancy test negative and not monthly.
- Fever. Dizziness. The loss of strength.
- Burning up with fever during pregnancy.
- Weakness. Deterioration of health.
- In the morning sick.
- Allergic to some products.
- Taste perversion.
- Intolerance of certain smells.
- Swelling of the breast.
- Change of mood.
- The sleep disturbance.
Unstable hormone situation distorts the results of the test of pregnancy. The onset of premature menopause (before forty) increases the likelihood of getting pregnant. Genetic factors have a value: if the direct ancestors observed premature menopause, it is not excluded in the patient. Early onset of hormonal changes causes constant stress, Smoking, gynecological pathology.
Early symptoms of menopausal pregnancy difficult to identify. They resemble the signs of menopause, they do not pay attention. Test pregnancy in many situations is wrong. After three months of gestation it gives a negative result.
Fixed false positive result when a woman takes hormonal stimulants, after abortion, miscarriages, the development of malignancies.
The woman ceased to be protected, cannot determine which factor caused the change in her condition — menopause or pregnancy? To clarify the situation will help the gynecologist.
Pregnancy during menopause is due to hormonal adjustment, therefore, is a danger to child and mother for the following reasons:
- Probability of giving birth to a baby with abnormalities in physical and intellectual development.
- Elderly body is not able to ensure the full development of the embryo. During menopause you can get pregnant and irreparable damage to their own health.
- Aktiviziruyutsya the degradation of the bone texture. Destroyed teeth.
- Suffer from kidney and genitourinary organs.
- Pregnancy does not prevent the onset of menopausal changes.
- There is a risk of developing diabetes, hypertension, chronic diseases.
- Increases the risk of miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy.
- Be dangerous labors. Possible ruptures of the birth canal, purpurella hemorrhaging. The new mother vulnerable to infections:
The absence of children does not mean the inability to have them. A woman can not get pregnant at the optimum time for the following reasons:
- Material disadvantage.
- Study. Career.
- Failed to find a worthy partner.
Unexpected pregnancy during menopause — an excuse to turn to a gynecologist. At the consultation, the decision: abortion or keeping the child. Health risks present both options.
In the life of childless women there comes a time when there is a burning desire to be a mother. It is necessary to survey for suitability to birth. In the presence of positive conditions, gynecologists note the following positive moments of late delivery:
- Mature woman faithfully takes care of the health.
- Pregnancy rejuvenates the body.
- Financial position allows the mother to raise a child.
Contraindicated to give birth to menopause for the following reasons:
- Old age.
- Bad habits.
- Chronic disease.
- Complications pregnant women — anemia, severe edema, hypertension.
- The risk of miscarriage. A negative pregnancy test.
- Ectopic (ectopic) pregnancy.
- The threat of non-disclosure of the cervix. See we have made a lot of abortions.
Contraceptives menopause prevent osteoporosis, anemia, autoimmune conditions, tumors of the ovaries, uterus, breast glands, endometrium. The gynecologist picks up the individual contraceptives. Oral hormonal contraceptives are prescribed most often. With the exception of avid smokers. They are contraindicated tablets containing steroid hormones to prevent cardiovascular pathologies. A radical method of protection — «ligation» of the fallopian tubes.
Diet for menopausal pregnancy
The onset of menopause in pregnancy is sufficient reason for self-restraint. Grandma, wanting to be a mother, have to get rid of bad habits and limit yourself in the consumption of the following food ingredients:
- Caffeinated and alcoholic drinks.
- Fried, smoked, salted food.
- Phytostimulation containing thymol. Women after menopause are advised to consume herbal medicines in the form of fees, and infusions. Common in natural vitacoustic oregano (motherboard) gynaecological diseases. Conceived in menopause have to know that oregano during pregnancy provokes uterine haemorrhage ending in miscarriage.
Should not to perceive the tragic loss of reproductive function. It’s a great time. Woman, not afraid to get pregnant, leads an active life without worrying about the distant old age.