Metrogyl gel in the treatment of genital infections in women
Metrogyl gel (Metrogyl plus) is an effective tool for the treatment of genital infections in women caused by bacteria, fungi, protozoa. The effect of the gel due to the action of the active substance Metronidazole, which is successfully used in gynecological practice for decades.
Metrogyl vaginal has antimicrobial and Antiprotozoal properties due to the interaction of the active medicinal component of the drug with macromolecules of cells of pathogens. Gel for intravaginal use acts destructively on the synthesis of nucleic acids and the permeability of the cells of the microorganisms that leads to their death.
Indications for use of the drug
Vaginal gel has a broad spectrum of activity against pathogenic flora, but its use rationally the sensitivity of microbes to Metronidazole.
Metrogyl vaginal effective in the treatment of diseases caused by:
- Gardnerella vaginalis;
- Entamoeba histolytica;
- Lamblia spp;
- Trichomonas vaginalis;
- Clostridium spp.;
- V. Fragilis.
In gynecology herbal medicine involves vaginal vaginal method of application for elimination of diseases such as:
- Trichomonas urethritis, vaginitis;
- candidiasis of the vagina;
Metrogyl or Metronidazole vaginal gel used to treat acne, dermatitis intimate area, hemorrhoids, bed sores, slow-healing wounds, prevention of complications, secondary infection after surgery on the reproductive organs.
Vaginal gel is also used for prevention in cases of suspected infection after sexual intercourse. However, further treatment plan discuss with your doctor to rule out serious disease.
Metrogyl or Metrogyl plus?
The least popular tool on the basis of Metronidazole is Metrogyl plus. However the composition Metrogyl plus is additionally Clotrimazole, antifungal reinforcing effect of the drug.
The mechanism of action of Metrogyl plus is based on the inhibition of biokinesiology of ergosterol, which regulates the permeability of cell membranes of microbes. Increased concentration of formed hydrogen peroxide is detrimental effect on pathogens. Additional antifungal component expands the spectrum of activity of combined medication for intravaginal use.
|The type of pathogen||In any cases prescribed|
Dosage forms Metrogyl
Instructions for use of the drug Metrogyl indicates the possibility of its use in different medicinal forms, but numerous clinical tests have confirmed the satisfactory result, it is in the form of a gel.
To achieve maximum effect of herbal medicine, like Metronidazole, is prescribed in several dosage forms:
- tablets for oral administration and vaginal;
- solution for intravenous and intramuscular injections.
Which option is preferable, decides physician:
- Ointment Metrogyl has the same indications for use, and the vaginal gel, but it creates a greasy film, which leaves traces on the linen. This kind of drugs is preferable to use at night.
- Cream can be used prophylactically to prevent infection during sexual intercourse.
- The spray has a higher concentration of active substances, so it is not recommended for use in gynecology for the treatment of intimate areas.
- Vaginal tablets act like Metrogyl gel, but more slowly absorbed into the tissues of the vagina.
- The solution for injection is used in the form of injections and intravenous infusions (systems) in generalized inflammation.
Method of application
The treatment gel is usually 7 – 10 days but in complicated cases, the therapy continues for several days in consultation with your doctor. The medication is injected deep into the vagina at a dose of 0.5 g 2 times a day. Metrogyl can apply 1 time per 24 hours. The gel is used in a dosage of 2 g.
Other dosage forms is administered according to the scheme:
|Dosage form||Dose (mg)||The duration of therapy (days)||Number of doses per day||Application features|
|Pills||250 – 400||7 – 10||2 – 3||At the time of the meal, drinking plenty of water|
|Vaginal tablets||500||10 – 20||1||At night, a second course of treatment through 1 – 1,5 months|
|Solution (intravenous)||500-1000||4 – 5||2 – 3||Stand an 8-hour interval|
|Solution (intramuscular)||500||7||2||At regular intervals of time|
|Ointment, cream||500||10||2||Twice a day|
Vaginal gel Metrogyl plus enter deeply into the vagina 500 mg twice a day for weeks. To prevent recurrence of the disease the doctor may recommend preventive therapy in 2 weeks.
Metrogyl gel provides for such limitations and contraindications:
- Liquid form of the drug, as a rule, is seldom applied. Metrogyl intravenous prescribed for extensive inflammation.
- An alternative to gel for intravaginal use only acts Metrogyl ointment. Both formulations can be alternated (morning gel, night ointment).
- Children up to 12 years the drug is not prescribed, then as an adult, if there are no contraindications.
- If the therapy coincided with the beginning of menstruation, treatment is continued according to the established physician scheme.
- During pregnancy (especially first trimester) the drug is contraindicated because of teratogenic effects on the developing fetus. Allow the use of funds in term 3 on strict conditions.
- Breastfeeding baby drug contraindications. During the treatment, the breast-feeding is stopped.
- With the appearance of neurological symptoms and the intoxication of the drug overturned with subsequent correction regimens.
- During treatment, the use of alcohol is unacceptable in any form. Neglect of this rule threatens the phenomena of intoxication of organism, violation of liver, kidney, allergic reactions.
- During treatment, infectious diseases, reproductive sex life is prohibited to prevent recurrence. Treatment must pass both sexual partners irrespective of clinical manifestations (in latent form).
Vaginal gel remains the most popular type of antibacterial, antifungal and antiparasitic therapy in the treatment of infectious diseases of the sexual sphere. Timely consultation of the gynecologist and the implementation of its recommendations significantly increase the chances of a quick recovery of the body, prevent disease recurrence.