Pharmatex is contraceptive tampons: how to use
Farmateks tampons – one of the most effective contraceptives. This form of drug protects against unwanted pregnancy chemical and mechanical means. Active substances that have a spermicidal effect, is not absorbed into the blood, so the sponge is allowed to use during pregnancy and lactation.
The mechanism of action of contraceptives farmateks
Preparation farmateks is a non-hormonal vaginal contraceptive, produced in the form of vaginal suppositories and tablets, swabs (sponges), capsules and cream.
Active component of preparations is benzalkonium chloride, possesses spermicidal and antiseptic. Contact with the sperm, the substance damages the membrane. First destroyed the flagellum of the male gamete, and then the head, with the result that fertilization becomes impossible. The process of destruction of cells takes 20 seconds.
Exerting antimicrobial effects, the drugs pharmatex protect against diseases transmitted through sexual contact, the pathogens which are Staphylococcus aureus, chlamydia, gonococcus, Trichomonas, genital herpes virus.
The drug is poorly active against Gardnerella, pale Treponema, hemofili and has no influence on the pathogens of Mycoplasma and Candida.
The most popular among women use a contraceptive tampon pharmatex. They also protect from unwanted pregnancy mechanically. During correct introduction of sponge tightly to the cervix, giving the sperm to get inside of the uterine mouth.
Drugs have a local effect, covering the mucosa of the vagina is not soaked in blood. So they are allowed to use during pregnancy and lactation.
When to use farmateks?
Contraceptives farmateks can be used by women of childbearing age:
- after artificial or spontaneous abortion;
- in predmenopauzne period;
- if contraindications to the use of other contraceptive methods (pills, IUDs, etc.);
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- if necessary, occasional protection from pregnancy;
- if you violate the rules of use of combined hormonal contraceptives.
Means pharmatex can be used as a Supplement to IUDs, condoms, vaginal diaphragm.
Methods of use of contraceptives
Any form of contraceptives farmateks intended for intravaginal use.
Candles, pills, pharmatex cream and tampons – full instructions will be described in the table.
|The form of the drug||The amount of active substance per unit of product/gram||Accessories||The time of occurrence of the spermicidal effect (min.)||Use|
Citric acid, lavender oil, purified water, stearates of glycol and polyglycols.
Each sponge from polyvinylformamide impregnated with cream (5 g).
|Immediately after the introduction||
With clean hands remove the swab from the protective packaging, to moisten 2 tbsp boiling water to enhance the spermicidal effect.
In the supine position to inject it deeply into the vagina (up to the touch with the neck of the uterus), putting the finger to the center of the flat surface of the sponge.
To eject the tampon should sit down on hunkers and to capture the middle and index fingers nylon loop.
|Candles vaginal||18,9 mg||Solid semi-synthetic glycerin, hydroxypropyl cellulose.||5||Introduce a suppository at least 5 minutes before sexual intercourse. Spermicidal effect persists for up to 3 hours.|
|Vaginal contraceptive pill||20 mg||Magnesium stearate, lactose, citric acid, hydrated silica, sodium bicarbonate.||8 – 10||
Before the introduction of the tablet moistened with water. To use after 10 minutes.
Contraceptive effect lasts for 3 hours.
|Cream||28,8 mg for one dose||Macrogol, lavender oil, purified water, citric acid.||3||
Cream from a tube to squeeze in the attached applicator, designed for one dose. Use it to enter the gel in the vagina.
The duration of spermicidal action of 10 hours.
Side effects: local allergic reaction (itching, burning, rash).
The advantages and disadvantages of drugs pharmatex
All contraceptives farmateks have a number of advantages:
- Have local effects, not soaked in blood, making possible their use during pregnancy and lactation.
- You need to use before intimacy, no need for daily supplementation.
- Have antiseptic and antibacterial effect, protecting from STDs.
Among the means farmateks the greatest demand is for tampons. The advantages of this form over other:
- Proper introduction of the tampon, the risk of pregnancy is minimal, but it is possible.
- Spermicidal action occurs immediately after administration and lasts 24 hours.
- One swab is designed for multiple sexual acts.
- Impregnation cream moisturizes the vaginal wall, eliminating the feeling of dryness.
Disadvantages of drugs:
- Prohibited hygiene with soap within 2 hours before or after unprotected sex because of the spermicidal action is inactivated. For these purposes it is better to use clean water or a special tool farmateks for intimate hygiene.
- Not to douche, bathe, take a bath, etc.
- Discomfort during intimacy due to the fact that the funds foam and interfere with mechanical.
- Tablets farmateks must be pre-wetted with water and inserted a long time before sexual intercourse.
- Unit of the drug, with the exception of tampons, designed for a single sexual act.
Contraindicated to use contraceptives farmateks women:
- with allergic reaction to the drug components;
- infectious diseases of the vagina;
- when erosion of the genitals;
- immediately after birth (within the first 6 weeks);
- in the first 14 days after abortion;
- during menstruation;
- with congenital or acquired malformations of the anatomical structure of the vagina.
Improper use can be accompanied by:
- nausea and vomiting;
- the increase in body temperature;
- the vaginal dryness;
- the appearance of thrush or bacterial vaginosis.
To avoid complications, you must follow the instructions for the use of drugs farmateks. Means of pharmatex have strong spermicidal, antibacterial and antiseptic effect. The most popular drug in the form of tampons. Their main advantages are additional mechanical protection against the ingress of sperm into the uterus and an immediate contraceptive effect following administration. Improper use may cause discomfort and have side effects.