Reduced the monthly cycle: causes and norms
The menstrual cycle starts from the first day of menstruation is the bleeding that accompanies the rejection of the functional layer of the endometrium. The duration of the menstrual cycle is always individual, but beyond the normal physiological parameters includes a cycle of 21 – 35 days. The Golden mean is the cycle in 28 days, but this phenomenon is observed only 13% of women. If reduced the monthly cycle, the reasons can be very diverse. A similar phenomenon may not always indicate pathology, but it is exciting, and requires a consultation to determine the cause.
Menstruation is a response of the reproductive system that its main task is not fulfilled – no pregnancy occurred. Normal menstruation is installed in puberty aged 11 – 17 years during the year. Basically menarche in girls of European descent see, starting from 13 – 14 years. Sometimes the boundary norms expanded, the first menstruation may occur in 10 years, and at the age of 21. This phenomenon is often a hereditary factor.
In most cases a deviation from normal physiological parameters is a sign of hormonal imbalance observed in the result of existing medical history of diseases of the endocrine and Central nervous system, previously transferred infectious-inflammatory processes and injuries of the brain.
In a woman’s life, there are 4 periods when periods are missing:
- until puberty;
In other cases, menstrual bleeding observed every month. 1 year after the appearance of the first menstruation, the menstrual cycle is established. Girls in puberty can determine the date of onset of the next menstruation, taking the schedule of the menstrual cycle.
Reducing the number of days of the menstrual cycle in the period of its formation is normal. However, after this time any deviation from the norm in the form of reducing the usual duration of menstruation exciting and requires consultation gynecologist.
The reasons for the reduction of the natural menstrual cycle
In the abbreviation of the menstrual cycle implies not only the reduction of its length, but also the changing nature, volume menstruationh selections. They become heavy and painful, being one of the signs of violation of reproductive function. Consider a short cycle of 21 days or less.
A distinctive feature of the short cycle monthly consider the reduction of the follicular phase, at least 14 days (premature maturation of the egg in the background is not changed the function of the corpus luteum).
If reduced natural monthly cycle, it is assumed the following reasons:
- Systemic endocrine disorders (dysfunction of the thyroid, pancreas). In this case, the change is considered as a side effect of hormonal dysfunction.
- System diseases of the circulatory system (blood clotting). Long heavy periods – their characteristic feature. In this case, may increase bleeding time with a total constant length of the cycle.
- Diseases of reproductive system (chronic inflammatory processes, cysts, tumors) provoke violation of hormonal function, change the natural cycles of menstruation. The appearance of abnormal vaginal discharge is a signal for immediate treatment of a qualified health professional.
- Infectious-inflammatory processes in the cerebral cortex (meningitis, myelitis, encephalitis). Neuroinfections lead to hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction, a manifestation of which is the reduction in the number of hormones that regulate reproductive function. Tumors and cysts of the brain resulting from infection or injury, often lead to the fact that the cycle could be reduced.
- Long-term (unsustainable) use of hormonal drugs for the treatment of comorbidities causes a disruption in the natural menstrual cycle. Intake of oral contraceptives contributes to the fact that it may shrink due to the emergence of intermenstrual bleeding. The adaptation period for each new contraceptive lasts for the first three months. If after this time intermenstrual allocation did not disappear, consult a gynecologist mandatory.
These include the following phenomena:
- absence of menstruation up to 18 – 19 years;
- amenorrhea (absence of menstruation) aged 12 to 50 years without natural causes (pregnancy, lactation);
- the cycle has decreased dramatically for no apparent reason;
- pain of varying intensity in the region of the ovaries, pubic area;
- pain in the lumbar region, a irradiating in the rectum;
- recurrent headaches;
- enlargement of the thyroid gland;
- decreased quantity of menstrual flow;
- the phenomenon of intoxication as nausea, vomiting, lack of appetite, dizziness;
- intermenstrual bleeding;
- periodic nasal bleeding.
- unnatural vaginal discharge with an altered texture, an unpleasant odor.
The reduction of the monthly cycle observed over several months, is the reason for consulting a gynecologist. Early diagnosis aimed at identifying the causes of pathological changes in the body, increases the chances of determining the correct diagnosis and subsequent effective treatment.