Sage when planning pregnancy, women
A special place in the list of useful properties of sage is that when planning a pregnancy. The principle of the sage of infertility is based on the stimulation of the production of the required amount of natural estrogen in the body, allowing the egg to go through the process of ovulation.
Sage is a herbaceous plant, rarely a shrub, it is considered the birthplace of South-East Europe and Italy. Frequent use in medical applications due to the nutrients in its composition, such as folic acid, calcium, magnesium, essential oils, nicotinic acid, vitamin b and C.
Medical use of sage
The leaves of this herb have an overall anti-inflammatory effect on the body as a whole, have antipyretic properties, is widely used as an expectorant, due to the presence of tannins worked well as an astringent.
Curative properties allow you to suppress with it diseases such as gingivitis, periodontitis, diseases of the mucous membrane of the throat, is well established as a remedy for gastritis, bowel diseases, colitis, and stomach ulcers, inflammation of the gallbladder.
The leaves and flowers are consumed as infusions, added to tea, in addition to medicine, sage has found application even in cooking as a spice, and in cosmetics. Permanent rinse hair this decoction helps to get rid of dandruff,gives hair fragrance and volume.
People have long convinced the medicinal features of this herb, mention of it coming from the ancient world, she attributed the properties of prolonging life, in different periods of history it was called the “Holy herb” and “grass of immortality”.
Already in those days, and noticed the possibility of the influence of folk medicine on the human reproductive system. Special attention should be given to its impact on the female body.
Use for women’s health
The contents of phytohormones do sage essential for women. In Ancient Egypt and Rome, the doctors knew of its medicinal properties. Hormones have a certain similarity with natural hormones — estrogen, which explains the use of sage during pregnancy.
Sage helps relieve the symptoms under these conditions:
- Decreased libido. The use of this plant allows to restore and enhance sexual libido due to the normalization of hormonal stimulation of contractions of the walls of the uterus.
- Climax. This period is characterized by frequent changes of mood, nervousness. Many women suffer from excessive sweating, the sensation of hot. When using supplements sage there is a decrease in headaches, decrease in anxiety and increased irritability. Constant application of medicinal herbs as teas and tinctures allows you to experience the rejuvenating effect.
- PMS. Cramping during menstrual cycle, increased blood loss on the background. The use of decoctions allows you to facilitate the course of the critical days, to reduce pain and reduce excessive bleeding.
- Hyperlactatemia. The ability to reduce the level of prolactin allows to reduce the amount of milk produced in the mother with increased lactation in the early months after birth or during the forced absences.
When you minimize breastfeeding herbal tea helps to prevent stagnation of milk and eliminate the pain in my chest. Sage is a good way to prevent lactostasis and mastitis.
Recipes of traditional medicine in the planning of conception
How to properly prepare teas and tinctures, so as to preserve the medicinal qualities of plants? How to drink sage with infertility?
In practice the following recipes:
- A tablespoon of dried chopped herbs poured half a liter of boiling water, then brought to a boil, the decoction is gradually cooled.
It should be used three times a day for 100 ml for seven days. This treatment is good for men, because in 45 percent of cases of infertility the problem lies in the weak activity of sperm.
- Both spouses are well suited to this recipe: half a tablespoon of herbs pour a glass of boiling water, as in the first case, the broth should be brought to the boil and allow to cool.
To use during the day three times 50 ml. so it is Important to calculate the reception, to avoid its use before going to bed.
- Fresh juice are also perfect for use, it is enough to drink half a teaspoon in the morning and in the afternoon.
- Tincture of the seeds, in the proportion of one tablespoon per Cup of boiling water is also well suited in the treatment of infertility in men and women.
Before proceeding to the treatment in ways a woman should:
- be examined by a specialist;
- tests for hormone levels;
- pass the appropriate examination to determine the exact day of ripening egg (you can use drugstore tests for ovulation);
- tinctures, decoctions or juice should start to take on 4 to 5 day cycle and drink throughout the week.
The course of treatment depends on the individual duration of the menstrual cycle.
After the expected ovulation banned the use of preparations based on sage, they provoke contractions of the uterus that can interfere with the attachment of the ovum.
Mentioning the value of any drug, we should not forget about possible complications and side effects in some cases due to contraindications:
- uterine fibroids;
- polycystic ovaries;
- individual intolerance of the plant;
- pregnancy, as in the early stages, and throughout all nine months;
- the use of synthetic hormones.
Possible side effects:
- pain in the abdomen;
- a significant decrease in discharge during menses;
- violations of the cycle;
- nausea and vomiting;
Expert opinion about infertility treatment sage is rather ambiguous in these situations requires a comprehensive approach to the problem and often treatment only folk drugs does not give the desired effect.
Often the cause of infertility can serious diseases that are completely unrelated to the level of estrogen in a woman or sperm activity in men. Without consulting experts in this field there is no meaning of sage.
Choosing traditional medicine to help, you can not neglect the use of herbs as treatment, underestimate their effect on the body and uncontrollably eat, in spite of bans doctors. Any useful recipe may appeal to harm, only the physician should determine individual dosage decoctions or infusions and detail how to take them.
Self-medication is often dangerous.