Spotting after gynecological examination during pregnancy
Regular gynaecological check-up every 6 months is the norm of the modern woman. No matter what was the reason for visiting a gynecologist, a visual inspection on the gynecological chair – a mandatory procedure. But what if pregnancy after pelvic bleeding appeared without any apparent reason. In some cases, this phenomenon is dangerous, and any extra reason for concern? To conclude it is possible, having dealt with the possible reasons for their occurrence.
The purpose of a pelvic exam
Since the onset of physiological maturity girls undergo preventive checkups at the gynecologist. With the onset of sexual activity, this rule should be the norm. However, most women are not giving this fact due consideration. If there are no complaints on the reproductive function over the years, they may not visit the doctor even in the presence of unpleasant symptoms. The main reason for this behavior is trivial ailments cheating on premenstrual syndrome.
Special attention deserves the observation of the pregnant woman. Since the establishment of pregnancy regular consultation is necessary to visit a doctor according to the proposed schedule. Watching the woman with the development of pregnancy, the gynecologist collects data on age, presence of systemic diseases, previous pregnancies (childbirth), assesses the overall condition of the body.
After statement on the account in female consultation the inspection on the gynecological chair conducts the attending physician according to the testimony. Realizing the responsibility for the possibility of injuring the cervical canal and the risk of abortion, gynaecologists have resorted to vaginal examination only in special cases.
Some risk-GYN is in the following cases:
- failure of the cervix;
- previous miscarriage at any gestation;
- any bleeding of unknown etiology;
- the threat of termination of this pregnancy.
In such cases, the doctor will conduct a careful inspection with health and safety requirements. Competent actions of the doctor to avoid bleeding and other complications after a pelvic examination during pregnancy.
Causes of bleeding
In normal vaginal discharge are present in every female regardless of age. They can be transparent or slightly whitish. Natural physiological texture and bright hue they give Lactobacillus, leukocytes, squamous epithelium and other microorganisms, which represent the microbial landscape of the vagina.
Selection of pregnancy some change as the term lengthens. In the first trimester see the thickening of the cervical mucus. This phenomenon is due to the increased production of progesterone. Viscous mucus prevents infection of a fertilized egg. From the second trimester of the selection begin to change. They become more liquid due to the dominating effects of estrogen. Shortly before the onset of labour leaves the mucous plug with bloody streaks. Due to the presence of blood women can take over the anomaly.
Spotting after gynecological examination, appear often enough. This phenomenon does not always indicate a real danger, but exciting and requires further consultation.
- Injury of vagina and cervix with medical instruments by visual inspection using a mirror. With the onset of pregnancy the mucosa of the genital tract women becomes loose, is easily injured and bleed upon the slightest impact. It is not surprising that bleeding may occur after the inspection on the chair with the use of gynaecological mirrors. A small injury after inspection does not necessarily indicate lack of skills of the gynecologist. This fact is considered as individual Hyper-sensitivity of the intimate area. Such allocations are not dangerous and disappear on their own within a day.
- Fence smear for microbiological examination. This procedure is carried out planned 2 times the entire pregnancy. In case of special indications, the doctor may prescribe unscheduled collection of material for research on the pathogenic flora: for example, if you suspect a venereal disease or developing the inflammation. Highlight after the capture of the stroke can change color. Small amount of blood on the first day after the procedure is considered to be a normal variant.
- Gynecological diseases can cause the appearance of the discharge after the inspection. These include endometriosis, fibroids, malignancy. In the presence of such diseases pregnant needs a more strict supervision of a physician. If after examination the gynecologist was bleeding and the woman feels the deterioration of the General condition, it hospitalityat in Department of a hospital. A more thorough examination will determine the cause of the pathology.
However, there are circumstances that indicate immediate treatment for medical help. These include:
- the increased vaginal discharge with an admixture of blood of scarlet colour;
- the appearance of blood clots in the vaginal discharge;
- the allocation continues to smear more than 3 days;
- there was an unpleasant smell, changed color (yellow-green or brown);
- the increase in body temperature;
- itching in the intimate area;
- pain of varying intensity in the abdomen and in the lumbar;
- violation of General condition (nausea, vomiting, fainting);
- premature mucous tube;
- selection became watery, profuse;
- slowing or increased activity of the fetus (important in the period after 24 weeks).
The appearance of these symptoms a trip to the doctor will be required in any case. Attempt to eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of threatening complications and termination of pregnancy. In most cases, women hospitalitynet. A comprehensive approach to the elimination of the pathological state under the guidance of an experienced specialist will reduce the risk of adverse events.
If a woman noticed a deterioration of health or the occurrence of bleeding, you must take the following actions:
- to call the ambulance;
- limit physical activity;
- to comply with bed rest;
- prepare a change hygiene products (gauze or synthetic strip);
- to observe the drinking regime to prevent the loss of fluid in the blood vessels;
- a Cup of sweet coffee a bit will increase the pressure;
- Dydrogesterone passed by one dose of 40 mg prevent miscarriage;
- to take antispasmodic drugs orally or in the form of candles (no-Spa, Viburkol, extract of belladonna).
After admission to the Department of a hospital the patient will be examined:
- colposcopy examination of the cervix under magnification to identify erosion, polyps and other conditions;
- Ultrasound of the pelvis to exclude pathology of the placenta;
- CTG (period after 32 weeks) to assess fetal condition.
After the examination, will be assigned to the following treatment:
- intravenous glucose and sodium chloride is shown in severe blood loss and sudden drop in blood pressure;
- intravenous or intramuscular administration of a solution of Menadione is part of a comprehensive therapy for prevention of blood loss;
- the appointment of hormonal drugs according to indications.
Further treatment depends on the causes of the pathological state. A set of diagnostic procedures will give the answer that contributed to this phenomenon.
Spotting, which appeared after the inspection on the gynecological chair, not always turn into bleeding. However, it is exciting and requires attention. To eliminate unnecessary experiences will require further consultation with my physician.