Symptoms and signs of ovarian cysts in women: pain, discharge
An ovarian cyst is a formation that appears not torn from ripening in the ovary the follicle is filled with fluid. Externally, the cysts resemble hollow pouch sizes from 1 to 15-20 cm. They also appear one at a time or several at once — cystoma of the ovary. The disease is typical for women of reproductive age and very rarely occurs in those over 50 years.
There are several types of ovarian cysts: functional, pravarasena, organic.
The kind of ovarian cysts
- functional — are formed as a result of hormonal failure (ovulation) in the ovaries. The follicle grows, and yellow body going liquid. This formations goes unnoticed for one, two months and needs no treatment. A variety of functional tumors – luteum cyst, which is located on the site of ovulation of the egg, not as a result of pregnancy. Apply the treatment, if a woman starts bleeding;
- provalilsya — characteristic of young and middle-aged, and are formed from the appendages, which are located anatomically above the ovary. These tumors long-term women concerned and consist of one chamber, which is filled with a clear liquid. Reaching large sizes, they produce painful pressure on the internal organs of the abdominal cavity;
- organic (endometroid, mucinous, dermoid) — appear with hormonal disruptions in the body women and their causes are diseases of the ovaries. The main symptoms — dizuriceskie disorders, constipation, brown or clear discharge. These tumors can develop more than two months, and treatment is exclusively surgical.
All of these types of ovarian cysts complicated by severe consequences, reach large sizes, transform into a malignant mass, there is the risk of developing infertility. Woman should alert the pain in the lower abdomen, brown discharge, irregular menstruation.
Symptoms of cysts in women
When the ovarian cyst symptoms are primary and secondary. At the initial stage, women have no complaints, and the tumor is detected during a random inspection at the gynecologist. The doctor notices a benign tumor of small size with a minimum quantity of liquid. And all that to bother the weaker sex, it is pain in the lower abdomen during ovulation or menstruation. The tumor before the next menstrual cycle may be dissolved alone, or treatment with hormones.
The secondary symptoms of ovarian cyst, as a result of physical exertion can be twisted and cause a piercing pain, or when injected into the intestinal loop obstruction. In such cases, to avoid a gap, the patient is sent for surgical treatment.
To learn about the existence of tumors of the applied ultrasound. Another suspect in his cyst of the right or left ovary, the symptoms are:
- regularly disturbed menstrual cycle, women are sometimes concerned about brown discharge;
- the feeling of heaviness and pressure in the pelvic area and immediately after urination or defecation;
- the pain is sharp, severe lower abdomen;
- spotting, heavy discharge during menstruation, accompanied by pain;
- the sudden appearance of nausea, vomiting after an action-Packed sexual intercourse or sports.
These symptoms may be complicated by the following features, and serve as a reason to consult a doctor for medical help:
- the rise of body temperature more than 38 degrees;
- General malaise and dizziness;
- the tension of the abdominal wall, the asymmetrically enlarged abdomen;
- the roughness of the voice, clitoral enlargement, female body hair grows in male pattern
- changes in blood pressure and body weight;
- thirst, followed by copious urination.
Pregnancy when ovarian cyst
Fertility in women does not affect the appearance of functional cysts. During this period, the follicles are not formed, and the formations are rare. For a couple of menstrual cycles the state of pregnancy contributes to recovery. If a woman knows about the existence in the body of the cyst and aim for a pregnancy, she needs the following knowledge. The mechanism of the appearance of tumors is unexploded follicle becomes a cyst and prevents to reach the egg in the fallopian tube, the formation of new follicles. As a result, the ovulation and fertilization do not occur.
The likelihood of normal pregnancy with the presence of ovarian cysts, valid in the following cases:
- when the tumor size is 8 cm and does not increase with time;
- an indicator of the level of tumor marker CA-125 does not exceed the norm;
Even with a benign course, the tumor carries a risk for pregnancy, and the fetus on long periods its size creates a threatening pressure on the cyst. Therefore, surgical treatment planning prior to conception or after his birth or second trimester (14-16 weeks) of pregnancy. An indication for urgent interference is a tumor of large size, which can be twisted and burst, cause severe pain, premature labor or a miscarriage.
For formations up to 6-8 inches when pregnancy is used surgery and laparoscopy, and removed large operational laparotomy.
The most dangerous cysts for women during pregnancy and cystic endometrial. For cystic masses characterized by: large size (thirty centimeters), sudden severe pain, the threat of rupture. Symptoms endometrial — brown «chocolate» highlighting the danger of a rupture with hemorrhage into the abdominal cavity.
The exception is a cyst of the corpus luteum, during pregnancy it is not operated, as this process is a variant of the physiological norm.
A cyst of the right or left ovary
The frequency of tumors of the right or left ovary in women appear the same.
The leading reasons for the formation of the cyst, both right and left ovary include hormonal disturbances and lifestyle of the patient:
If we consider the anatomical location of the ovaries, the power of the right provide the main vessels aorta and left renal artery. On this basis, there is a misconception that the right ovary is supplied intensively and it is often formed tumors.
In fact, the symptoms, the pathology of occurrence and treatment of tumors of the right ovary in the same way as the left.
In its course and symptoms of inflammation of the Appendix is similar to the signs of cyst rupture right ovary. The same localization of pain to the right and symptoms of acute abdomen, which sometimes complicates the formulation of the correct diagnosis. For differentiation use modern methods of diagnosis.
Physiologically, the left ovary is located near the sigmoid and descending intestine and between them there is histological connection. Why is the tumor of the left ovary may be the result of the inflammatory process in the intestine. Threat for ovarian consequences of surgical interventions in the abdomen, so for all women is important for the rehabilitation period with a subsequent comprehensive survey.
Complications of the ovarian cyst
Regardless of the localization of the ovarian cyst, there is a risk of the following complications:
- the inflammatory process in the cavity of the tumor. If an inflamed cyst of the ovary is damaged, the infection gets into the peritoneum and cause peritonitis. It also prevents the passage of eggs, increasing the risk of ectopic pregnancy, thereby reducing the possibility of fertilization;
- torsion of the ovarian cyst. With full torsion legs cysts the flow of blood to it ceases, which leads to necrosis. Symptoms similar to the symptoms of rupture of the tumor, but not so severe due to the lack of blood loss. The first signs of women with torsion is the presence of spasmodic pain in the abdomen constant nature. The treatment is carried out exclusively operational to prevent the development of peritoneal;
- malignancy — degeneration of benign tumors into malignant. Dangerous complication for women after 40 years, which happens in the background of the prolonged existence of cysts or residue on the inside part of the capsule after rupture or removal. The detection in women tumors in the gynecological examination, the leading place is occupied by the study on the oncological processes;
- rupture of the cyst. The main symptoms of rupture include: sudden strong pain in the lower abdomen, the rise in body temperature, low blood pressure, severe dizziness. At the beginning of the vaginal discharge bloody with mucus, and then goes into the bleeding. In connection with the irritation of receptors of the peritoneum with the contents of the cyst, nausea, vomiting, urge to defecate and urinate. There are early signs of shock – pale and clammy skin, chills, presence of cold sweats, shortness of breath, loss of consciousness.
Consequence of the rupture of the neoplasm of the ovary right or left, is peritoneal inflammation and abdominal cavity with the development of sepsis. To prevent rupture and removal of the ovary, the patient should regularly visit a gynecologist with a similar diagnosis and adhere to medical recommendations.
Because, after the rupture of the cyst and surgery in women may include: adhesions, recurrent pain in the abdomen, impaired urination and defecation.
Recommendations for the prevention of ovarian cysts
Many women felt the accomplishment of the miracle, the possibility of pregnancy at the diagnosis of an ovarian cyst and a healthy baby, became a reality for them. You need to carefully undergo a gynecological examination prior to conception and during pregnancy, and if you already have a tumor of the ovary, to prevent its rupture. Dear women look to the future with optimism, follow medical advice, take care of yourself and future kids.