Tablets when pain menstruation: baralgin, analgin, Nise
More than half of all women in the world suffer from painful menstruation. In medicine, this pathology is called algomenoreya, it comes from the Greek “algos” – pain. Usually the pain starts a day or two before menstruation and lasts for the first days. How stomach ache during menses? The pain is located in the abdomen, often unbearable.
Painful sensations in the period of the menstrual cycle interfere with normal functioning women, forced to take a forced position, lying on his side, tucked under her knees. In severe cases, menstruation is accompanied by irregular bowel movement, nausea or vomiting, rise in body temperature.
Often the woman has to take pills for menstrual cramps, to alleviate their condition. Often, these symptoms occur in young women and pass on their own without treatment after childbirth. But algomenoreya can also be a symptom of any disease.
What are the causes of painful menstruation? Soreness during menstruation can be caused by any disease or to be functional. If the pain bothers every month, it is necessary to exclude pathology of the endocrine system and diseases of the urinary organs.
The most common reasons:
- changes in the endocrine system:
- violation of thyroid function,
- abortion or miscarriage,
- the post-Natal period.
- installed the intrauterine device;
- diseases of the urinary organs:
- congenital anomalies of development (underdeveloped uterus, the inflection of the uterus),
- inflammatory diseases of uterus and ovaries
- cysts and tumors;
- other reasons:
- unbalanced diet, lack of vitamins and minerals
- irregular sexual life,
- excessive exercise,
- genetic predisposition.
The degree of algomenoree
- Easy degree. Menstrual cycle is accompanied by pain of low intensity that does not require taking pain medications, often passing on their own. After childbirth, these pains can disappear.
- During menstruation sore lower abdomen. In addition to the intense pain can disturb dizziness, weakness, loss of appetite and nausea, chills. Reduced performance, depressed mood. For the treatment of pain have to drink painkillers.
- The pain is severe, localized in the lower abdomen, can radiate to the lower back. Increased body temperature, nausea and vomiting, frequent palpitations. Such pain is often caused by any gynecological or endocrine disease. What to do in this case? Accept the drug in pill may not be effective, requires intramuscular painkillers. Under these severe symptoms should definitely consult a specialist.
Medicines for pain relief
Many women care what you can enjoy pain during menstruation. What pain medication is prescribed for menstruation? From abdominal pain used analgesics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and antispasmodics. Is it possible to use drugs alone? Painkillers can be used without a doctor’s prescription, do not exceed the recommended dosage. The most popular drugs are paracetamol and baralgin.
Pills against pain are used only as symptomatic treatment during menstruation, they cannot be used regularly or for treatment of the disease.
|Group of drugs||Drug names|
|Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs||
|A combination of drugs||Baralgin|
Among all the drugs in the first place are antispasmodic medicines. They eliminate spasms of smooth muscles of the uterus and well relieve pain. Enough to take one or two tablets. Avoid drinking large amounts of the drug, as it can enhance bleeding during menstruation. The same effect has drotaverine and other antispasmodics, which are taken in painful menstruation one tablet to three tablets per day.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
The mechanism of action of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs based on inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis involved in the mechanism of pain. For greater efficiency, they are administered two days before the start of menstruation. Tablets of this group are used not only for menstrual pain, but also inflammation and high temperature.
- Aspirin. Maximum dosage is 2 tablets 4 times a day. It must be remembered that it often causes irritation of the gastrointestinal tract and to take it is in powdered form after eating, drinking milk, or in soluble forms.
- The paracetamol. This drug has the fewest side effects. Paracetamol is recommended for pain in the stomach, even in childhood. Maximum dose is 4 tablets a day. Paracetamol can be used also as an antipyretic at high temperature.
- Ibuprofen. This medication is also accepted in children. Once adopted, the drug may be ineffective, but the maximum dose should not exceed 6 pieces per day.
- Indomethacin. Is a strong analgesic and anti-inflammatory agent. Can be used from abdominal pain in pill or candles are not more than 2 times a day.
- Naproxen. Effective pain reliever, drink when menstruation should be twice a day maximum of 2 tablets.
- Ketoprofen. The maximum dosage is two tablets three times a day.
Analgesic drug may have different names, although in its structure contains the same active substance. It depends on the manufacturer. For example, the drug nimesulide is available under the popular name of Nise. The drug is a good painkiller and has no side effects.
Drugs in this group well help, but have no additional therapeutic effect, so not recommended for regular use. The most commonly used and analgin baralgin, maximum dosage which severe pain can be up to 6 pieces a day.
Many pain medications contain in their composition of several medicines. For example, the drug baralgin includes Metamizole, pitofenone and fenpiverinium bromide. In combination, these components reinforce its action. Therefore, baralgin refers to both analgesic and antispasmodic drugs.
Pain medications are available in forms for oral administration, and in the form of candles. The latter form of the drug is preferable, because the drugs in the rectum are absorbed faster, have no side effects on the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract. Taking the drug need to remember that pills for pain during menses is contraindicated in severe diseases of the kidneys and liver, allergic reactions, pregnancy and lactation, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Cause of painful menstruation are often hormonal disturbances, so gynecologists may recommend hormonal contraceptives.
Before starting self-treatment, it is recommended to consult a specialist to determine the cause of painful menstrual cycle. Your doctor will tell you what pills can make my stomach ache when menstruation.
Drug-free pain relief
In order to avoid adverse effects of drugs and the harmful effects on the stomach, you can resort to non-drug pain relief with the use of special diets, gymnastics and massage, folk remedies. How to relieve pain without using drugs?
Proper nutrition should be aimed primarily at elimination of constipation, as the stool-filled rectum can put pressure on increased during menstruation the uterus and cause pain.
- In the menu it is recommended to include plenty of fruits and vegetables, which stimulate intestinal motility.
- During menstruation there is a loss of large amounts of iron along with the blood that should fill the receive apples, meat and liver. During menstruation prescribe multivitamins with minerals.
- Reduction of pain will contribute potassium, calcium and magnesium, which can relieve spasms of smooth muscles of the uterus and eliminate pain. A large number of these minerals contained in tomatoes, lettuce, beans, dairy products.
- The content of salt in food is recommended to minimize, as it contributes to fluid retention and edema.
- Caffeine is able to increase the release of stress hormones that increase pain during menstruation, and increases blood loss.
- Well pain vitamin E, ginger tea with honey and mint, chamomile. Eating bananas increases the production of endorphins – hormones of happiness.
Gymnastics and massage
It is proven that women who regularly engage in sports are less likely to suffer from painful menstruation. Therefore, for the prevention of pain syndrome it is recommended to exercise between periods, as during bleeding they can increase bleeding. During menstruation it is recommended to do yoga or breathing exercises to relieve muscle spasm. Helps relaxing massage of the lower back and lower back, as well as the impact on the acupuncture point, which is located on the inner side of the thigh and ankle.
Pain relief folk remedies when menstruation is very old. Alternative medicine for this widely used decoctions of various herbs. Well reduce pain herbs with diuretic effect (horsetail, bear ears). Eliminate spasm decoction of raspberry, peppermint, chamomile, rose, marjoram, Valerian and motherwort. Can be drunk with strong pains the decoction of celery root and elecampane. Many women begin to warm the lower abdomen using a hot water bottle. Warmth eliminates pain, but can increase bleeding
If appear pain during menstruation is not strong, lasts no more than 1 – 2 days, not accompanied by severe symptoms and does not interfere with the health of women, you can try to cope with her drug-free means or by drugs. If the pain is intense, accompanied by nausea, vomiting, fever, palpitations and other symptoms, poorly relieved with analgesics, it is imperative to consult a doctor to exclude serious pathology.