The reason why there is an increase in the ovary before menstruation in women
Among gynecological diseases pathological changes in the ovaries occupy a leading position. If enlarged ovaries — the causes can be many and varied: from the natural physiological changes during ovulation or puberty to threatening diseases, not only violates reproductive function of the body, but also represents a real threat to life.
Timely diagnosis using laboratory and instrumental methods of examination to determine the presence of pathological changes in the ovaries at an early stage. The complex of diagnostic procedures aimed at identifying the root causes of pathological changes and further treatment.
The causes of ovarian enlargement
When you visit the gynecologist women may be found to increase ovarian. In some cases this phenomenon can be seen as a normal variant. Physiological changes observed during ovulation in puberty (the appearance of follicular cysts) and in premenopausal (the active hormonal changes the body).
The period of ovulation increases the size of the ovary. If the increase does not exceed 3 cm, and passes with the onset of the next menstrual cycle, this phenomenon in most cases does not require specific treatment. This feature is characteristic for puberty. Follicular cysts are formed in the follicles at the accumulation of fluid to dissolve on its own (in the case of benign).
Young girls may not even suspect the presence of this pathology in the absence of characteristic symptoms: pain in the pelvis, lumbar, anus, urinary retention, violation of the General condition. However, to leave this fact without attention is impossible. Follicular cysts are able to twist. In such cases, the symptoms are pronounced: is the pain of strong intensity, until he lost consciousness, watching the delay of urination and defecation, there are phenomena of the General intoxication of the organism.
Follicular cysts found in Teens, watch for 3 months. Usually, this period is enough to restore ovarian function. Gentle treatment of the day before menstruation and menstrual period, including physical and emotional stress, symptomatic treatment by homoeopathy and folk medicine eliminates of the possible complications.
Hormonal changes occurring before menstruation, in predmenopause contribute to the increase in size of the ovaries (physiological characteristic). If unpleasant symptoms are absent, and it is not accompanied by concomitant diseases, this fact is left under the supervision of a gynecologist. Regular checkups help to identify emerging changes (ovaries may be increased at any time).
Enlarged ovaries during pregnancy and while breastfeeding, causes a hormonal imbalance. The decrease in the level of the hormone prolactin (produced in the active lactation period) helps to restore the natural hormonal.
The symptoms listed above are temporary, they are not considered dangerous to the woman’s body.
In addition to the natural physiological changes, ovarian enlargement can be observed in various pathological processes in the body.
These include the following States:
- infectious-inflammatory changes in the ovaries;
- adhesions in the pelvic area;
- cyst (paraovarian, mucinous, dermoid, endometrial);
- benign and malignant tumors;
- ectopic pregnancy.
Among the main symptoms of ovarian enlargement are the following:
- The pain of different intensity, worse before menstruation. The emergence of a strong cutting pain in the ovaries is a cause for immediate treatment for medical help. A similar condition was observed when ectopic pregnancy, rupture of cysts. It poses a real danger to life. In some cases (in certain diseases) pain syndrome is absent.
- Visual magnification of the abdominal cavity. Have the appearance of cysts or tumors in the ovary of large size. Increases the ovary and the contents of the tumors. Sometimes see a temporary increase before menstruation.
- For abnormal vaginal discharge. Change their color, smell, consistency indicates the accession of pathogenic flora. The developing inflammatory process contributes to the fact that the ovary will increase due to swelling. With bilateral lesions, the clinical symptoms are expressed more.
- The change in body temperature. Low-grade fever accompanied by indolent inflammatory process. High fever (above 39 degrees) indicates a serious pathology and requires immediate hospitalization in an inpatient ward.
The appearance of unpleasant symptoms indicates the need for consultation.
Timely identified the disease increases the chances of successful treatment. Why could increase the ovaries, and what to do in each case, determined by the physician based on these test results obtained through laboratory and instrumental methods of examination.
The complex of diagnostic measures includes the following procedures:
- General analysis of blood. The information obtained is valuable for the physician information necessary to evaluate overall health and detect signs of inflammation.
- A blood test for hormones (testosterone, LH, cortisol, thyroxine, follicle stimulating hormone, progesterone).
- Smear for Cytology (PAP test). Cytological examination of the material allows to define pathological processes on the surface of the cervix and to reveal the terrible disease.
- PCR and other methods for detection of STIs.
- Hysterosalpingoscopy is the method of roentgenologic examination of organs of small pelvis to determine the reproductive system of adhesive processes, the presence of benign and malignant neoplasms, congenital anomalies.
- Ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs reveals structural abnormalities in the ovaries.
The test results determine further tactics of treatment. It involves the application of the following methods:
- conservative treatment using medications;
- surgical treatment method;
- symptomatic treatment using traditional medicine.
Conservative treatment includes the following medications:
- Antibacterial drugs with systemic action indicated for the presence of infectious-inflammatory processes in the ovaries. The effectiveness of antibiotic therapy depends on the choice of the desired drug. In most cases the use of cephalosporins, macrolides, fluoroquinolones. Locally applied vaginal suppositories or suppositories Geksikon, Micogynax, Terginan.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs used to reduce inflammation, relieve pain syndrome. Shown Diclofenac, Voltaren, Movalis.
- Analgesics for pain. The choice can be stopped on such drugs as Analgin, Nurofen, Ketanov and other.
- Cytotoxic drugs are shown in the presence of malignancies in the ovaries, preventing the rapid division of cancer cells. They are used under the strict supervision of the attending physician in the hospital.
- Hormonal drugs are used to stabilize hormonal levels in women increase when the ovaries (especially when bilateral lesions). What drug to take, the attending physician decides on the basis of anamnesis data.
- Homeopathic remedies are used to alleviate unpleasant symptoms: pain, itching, emotional instability (Viburkol).
- Vitamin-mineral complexes and biologically active additives include in your daily diet. A balanced diet plays an important role in the treatment of this disease.
- Immunomodulatory means of synthetic and plant origin accumulate reserves of the body (Immunal, Viferon, Kagocel).
Surgical method of treatment is shown in the detection of cysts, tumors, adhesions. Effective treatment for consider a laparoscopy. This modern type of surgery allows to remove tumors through small holes (1.5 cm). Laparoscopy serves as an alternative to traditional open surgery.
Surgical intervention is necessary in emergency cases: when the cyst rupture, or suspect an ectopic pregnancy. Similar phenomena threatened with peritonitis, bleeding and pose a real threat to life.
Traditional medicine in women using symptomatic. They are no substitute for traditional treatment. From fitokompozitsii medicinal herbs in the form of decoctions, infusions for oral administration and douches, vaginal fedotenkov have natural antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and sedative properties. Such plants include chamomile, calendula, St. John’s wort, upland uterus, red brush, elecampane, Golden mustache, meadowsweet and others. The use of medicinal plants before menstruation prophylactic promotes gentle elimination of the phenomena of discomfort. Any decision must be agreed with your doctor.
Regular checkups, timely consultation of specialists, the treatment of systemic diseases increase the chances of successful elimination of this disease. Competent approach and adequate therapy are crucial.