Traneksam instructions for use of tranexamic acid
Bleeding as a complication of various diseases, in some cases it can be fatal to humans if not in time to help. With this problem can handle the tranexam. Base material in its composition is able to activate the platelets and thereby stop the bleeding. Following is the detailed instructions for use Traneksam: characteristics of the drug, its action, composition, contraindications, side effects, uses.
Characteristic of the drug
Made in the form of tablets and solution for injection.
- Pills. Outside coated light shade, round, biconvex shape. The cut core and the shell have shade from white to cream color.
- Solution. A transparent fluid. You can change the color to brown.
Represents the active (primary) substance is tranexamic acid. The dosage for one pill is 250 mg, liquid form, 50 mg/ml.
- Additional components: for tablets – hyprolose, cellulose, talc, calcium stearate, silicon dioxide, sodium carboximetilkrahmal; for ampoules – water (1000 ml).
- Additional components of the shell: titanium dioxide, talc, macrogol, hypromellose.
How works in the body?
Relates to hemostatic group, that is, has hemostatic properties. Slows the chemical reactions of fibrinolysis. It is a process that contributes to the destruction of a blood clot. Opposes the synthesis of plasminogen and its conversion to protein plasmin.
In addition, the drug can suppress the allergic inflammatory processes. This happens due to the ability of drugs to inhibit the formation of kinins. These polypeptides play an important role in the amplification of inflammatory phenomena.
In the research process proved an anesthetic (analgesic) effect of the active substance.
As distributed in the body?
Discusses the absorption, distribution in tissues and excretion of the drug.
When taken in a dosage of no more than 2 – 3 grams absorption in the body — 50%. The maximum concentration detected after 3 – 4 hours. The result inside the body acid is subjected to the average absorption, slightly connecting with the plasma.
Distribution in tissues
Equally throughout the body. In contrast, in cerebrospinal fluid. There, she concentrates in the ratio of 1 to 10 from the serum level.
Passes through the placental barrier and is found in breast milk. The presence of acid can be seen in the seminal fluid, but the sperm motility did not significantly affect.
Hemostatic effect persists in the tissues of 16 – 18 hours in the blood — 6 – 9 hours.
Metabolism and excretion
Excreted through the kidneys almost unchanged form for 11 – 14 hours. In functional disorders of the body receiving the funds leads to the accumulation of active substances.
The main reason for the purpose of tablets Traneksam — bleeding. It can be caused by reasons listed below.
Bleeding with fibrinolysis is of local character:
- bleeding from the uterine cavity,
- gastrointestinal bleeding,
- bleeding from the nose,
- at various interventions on the cervix,
- after pulling out a tooth,
- after conducting a prostatectomy.
The bleeding in the fibrinolysis generalized nature:
- neoplastic processes, often in the prostate, pancreas,
- operations in the sternum,
- diseases of the liver.
- bleeding during pregnancy;
- allergic reactions (dermatitis, eczema, etc.);
- inflammation (larynx, pharynx, oral cavity, etc.);
- angioedema (angioedema).
Prescribed in the following situations:
- bleeding due to fibrinolysis;
- operations on the internal organs;
- intervention in the inflammatory process (sepsis, preeclampsia, damage to the pancreas, peritonitis, etc.).
The drug is prescribed to children 12 years of age and older, but in extreme cases. This may be uterine bleeding in girls when the first menstruation.
Traneksam, as every drug has contraindications. It is stated in the instructions to the drug.
- Tablets: in case of intracranial hemorrhage and are hypersensitive to the drug components.
- Ampoules: when concomitant administration of penicillin and the use of medicines which help to decrease blood pressure.
The drug should be used with caution in such cases:
- thrombosis (necrosis of myocardium, blockage of blood vessels of the brain, a clot in the veins);
- renal impairment (risk of accumulation in the kidneys of the active substance);
- thrombohemorrhagic phenomena (when combined with anticoagulants);
- violation of color vision;
- hematuria urinary ducts.
Methods of application vary depending on the cause of bleeding.
Application Traneksam tablets:
|The reason||Dosage (g)||Reception frequency|
|Fibrinolysis of local character||1 – 1,5||2 to 3 times during the day|
|Bleeding from the uterus||1 – 1,5||3 to 4 times for 4 – 5 days|
|Bleeding from the nose||1||3 times for 6 days|
|Surgery on the cervix||1,5||3 times for 13 to 14 days|
|Angioedema||1 – 1,5||2 to 3 times regularly or with a break, depending on the possible side effects|
|Bleeding during pregnancy||0,25 – 0,5||From 3 to 4 times until it stops bleeding.|
|Inflammation and Allergy||1 – 1,5||2 to 3 times for 4 – 9 days, given the complexity of the process|
|Fibrinolysis emulsionnogo character*||1 – 1,5||2 to 3 times during the day|
|Alveolus bleeding (tooth extraction)||1 – 1,5||3 to 4 times for 6 – 9 days|
|Pseudohemophilia||1 – 1,5||3 to 4 times during 3 – 10 days|
|With abundant monthly||250||3 – 4 times, starting from the first day of the female cycle|
Solution for injection (intravenous):
|Fibrinolysis emulsionnogo character||15 mg/kg||Regularly, with an interval of 6 – 8 hours|
|Fibrinolysis of local character||0,25 – 0,5||2 – 3 times during the day|
|Surgery on the bladder or prostate||During operation 1 g|
|After surgery 1 year||Constantly, with an interval of 7 – 9 hours over 3 days|
|Common inflammatory process||10 – 11 mg/kg||For 20 to 30 minutes before surgery|
* When emulsionnom fibrinolysis in reviews doctors recommended first shots with a smooth transition to the form in the form of tablets.
When kidney failure shows dose change. Upon detection of creatinine in the blood not exceeding 150 µmol/l to 1000 mg up to two times a day, not more than 500 mmol/l 1000 mg once a day, more than 500 µmol/l and 500 mg once a day.
The exact dosage of a doctor. Independently use the drug is prohibited.
That may be after the reception?
Traneksam can adversely affect the body.
- When the pill from the digestive system sometimes there is vomiting, nausea, pain in the throat, loss of appetite.
- Nervous system: the weakness, the dizziness.
- The sensory organs: violation of color perception.
- The organs of blood: thrombosis, acute embolism (rare).
If you experience side effects, discontinue the drug and consult a doctor.
Combination with other drugs
While taking some other drugs may develop adverse reactions.
- Hemostatic agents. In combination with other hemostatic drugs is enhanced thrombogenesis.
- Traneksam in the form of ampoules. Cannot be combined with preparations containing penicillin, urokinase. Incompatible with medical drugs that increase blood pressure: tetracyclines, diazepam, dipyridamole. Under observation should be taken in combination with anticoagulants heparin, because there is a risk of thrombohemorrhagic complications.
- Traneksam and spirits. Alcohol while taking thins the blood, which reduces therapeutic effect of the drug to zero. Further, when the removal of ethanol from the body, the blood starts to thicken. While concurrent use of alcohol with medication is a chance of blockage of blood vessels that leads to death. Alcohol also increases pressure, which provokes a hypertensive crisis. So at the same time make Traneksam and alcohol is strictly prohibited.
Reception during pregnancy
The drug may be taken by women in position under the strict supervision of a physician. Nursing mothers must take into account the fact that the drug permeates through the barrier and is found in breast milk. The study revealed no negative impact on fetal development during pregnancy.
- Experts are not recommended to take Traneksam women over three menstrual cycles in a row.
- Before starting treatment, it is advisable to visit an ophthalmologist for vision testing, fundus and vision.
Drugs that are similar in their composition, is determined by the international nonproprietary name (INN). Analogues of tranexam:
- Witch hazel;
- The vilata and others.
Made in the form of tablets and solution.
- Pills. Coated. A dosage of 250 and 500 mg pack contains 10 pills.
- Injection in ampoules. In the ampoule of transparent glass, for 5 ml In special forms contains 5 pieces In hard pack 1 or 2 special packaging.
The cost of the medication
How much is the drug? According in 2016, the cost in tablet form (10 pills of 250 mg) varies from 200 to 250 rubles, depending on the region of Russia, liquid form (10 pieces for 5 ml) — from 1600 – 1900 rubles.
The efficacy of tranexam
Considering the use of medication and possible side effects, it can be concluded that Traneksam is an effective drug to stop bleeding for various reasons. A big plus is that it is allowed to use pregnant women and women with menstrual cycle disorders, because a healthy woman is a healthy generation.
Positive results were found according to the reviews of people who have cancer of the uterus, pancreas, prostate. But, as with other medicines, self-treatment is inappropriate here, since everyone’s body is different and it reacts differently.
Overall, based on the composition of the medication, its benefits, the positive feedback of people who drank the drug, there is reason to trust Tranexam as an effective tool in the fight against hemorrhage.