Treatment of bartholinitis: causes blockage and inflammation of the Bartholin gland
Bartholinitis refers to gynaecological diseases that occur in the vaginal vestibule. The causative agent of the disease is bacteria in the form of Trichomonas, staphylococci, gonococci and E. coli. When ingested, they cause purulent inflammation of the Bartholin gland. The disease affects tissue structure of the prostate and disrupts the output stream. The infection enters through discharge from the vagina or the urethra. To get rid of diseases, we need to know how to correctly carry out the treatment of bartholinitis.
Treatment of bartholinitis is at home only in the early stages of the occurrence. But before that, you need to understand why it occurs.
The main reasons considered:
- diseases that are transmitted sexually include gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, chlamydia;
- failure to comply with hygiene rules;
- a weakened immune function;
- the entry of infection during menstruation;
- unprotected sex during menstruation;
- wearing tight underwear;
- the presence of chronic diseases;
- failure to comply with the recommendations of the attending physician after surgery in the urogenital area.
Symptoms of the disease
Symptoms manifestations of bartholinitis depend on whether the disease observed. The disease has two forms: acute and chronic.
The symptoms of acute bartholinitis considered:
- The manifestation of canaliculata. Suppuration occurs excretory duct, which when pressing out the pus.
- Redness of the skin around the excretory orifice.
- The appearance of swelling. Characterized by the formation of abscess, which covers bartolino gland. As a result, stops the flow of secret.
- Raising the body temperature to thirty-nine degrees.
- The occurrence of abscess in the area of the labia majora.
- The manifestation of pain during defecation, physical activity or in a sitting position.
- The occurrence of chills and weakness.
- Pain and swelling in polerowanie of the labia majora.
- Swollen lymph nodes in the groin area.
If not treated bartholinitis acute, the disease becomes chronic.
- discomfort during sexual intercourse;
- the formation of cysts in the area of big gland of vestibule;
- the increase in the cyst leads to painful feeling while walking and in a sitting position, also manifest pain in the abdomen;
- increasing the temperature to thirty-eight degrees;
- a manifestation of intoxication.
Bartholinitis the lesions are divided into three stages:
- kitoobraznye Bartholin gland;
Inflamed Bartholin’s gland begins canaliculata. On the output duct of gland suppuration is formed. A slight reddening of the skin and swelling. Mean bartholinitis resembles a small abscess. If you try to put pressure on it, the pimple come out two drops of pus. After some time the duct is blockage. As a result of purulent fluid accumulates inside the Bartholin’s gland. She begins to stretch and form a large lump. Because of this the vagina is blocked. The patient feels pain and burning sensation while walking.
Cyst of Bartholin’s gland
Cyst of Bartholin’s gland is a rounded education, which is located within the liquid. A cyst is formed due to the closure of the excretory duct that leads to the violation of the separation of the lubricant on the eve of the vagina. Thus the woman feels the pain and uncomfortable feeling during intercourse. When kitoobraznye becomes large size, it not only prevents to walk, but to sit. When complications of and penetration into the infection formed a purulent inflammation.
The main reasons for the occurrence of cysts considered:
- the infection of the glands and ducts of different bacteria;
- the presence of candidiasis in the genitals;
- the proliferation of germs because of a weakened immune function;
- failure to comply with hygienic measures;
- injury to the skin in the genital area of the lips;
- wearing uncomfortable underwear;
- abortion or other surgical interventions;
- promiscuous sexual relations.
If there is an autopsy abscess of Bartholin’s gland, then all the pus come out. This can result in infection of the genital organs in the form of vaginitis or vulvitis.
Abscess of Bartholin’s gland
Abscess of Bartholin’s gland is a condition which occurs on the eve of the vagina and leads to an inflammatory process in the gland. Often the disease is diagnosed in women aged twenty to forty years.
Upon detection of an abscess of Bartholin’s gland causes are:
- lack of personal hygiene.
- the presence of chronic diseases of the genital organs.
- the presence of kitoobraznye Bartholin’s gland.
- features of the structure in the narrowing or expansion of the excretory duct.
- inflammation gland chronic nature.
After the diagnosis of abscess of Bartholin’s gland, the treatment involves surgical intervention. The procedure involves dissection of the inflamed hearth and drained of pus.
Surgical treatment of Bartholin’s gland is divided into two types:
- Marsupialization. Is held at constant recurrence and the presence of a large kitoobraznye, which interferes with sexual intercourse. After removal of the pus cavity is completely washed with a special disinfectant. Then place the catheter, which will help to form a new duct. Its removal is carried out five weeks after surgery.
- Radical elimination of cancer. Is characterized by complete removal of the prostate gland as a result of failed education artificial duct. At first spend clipping small labia, to extract and remove iron. After that sutured. After conducting the procedure, the doctor prescribes drugs. The rehabilitation period lasts up to seven to ten days.
Bartholinitis in a period of gestation
In the period of gestation the immune system of future mother is weakened significantly. As a result, the body more susceptible to disease. Bartholinitis is no exception. It is believed that at his manifestation, he is serious danger to the unborn baby. Therefore, as soon as the woman found the seal should immediately contact a doctor.
The main danger of inflammation of the Bartholin gland is in the content, which consists of pus. There are pathogens that can extend beyond the lesion onto the vaginal mucosa or blood.
If the disease is manifested in early pregnancy, there is a threat of miscarriage. Often this phenomenon happens to twenty-two weeks. In addition, the disease can lead to missed abortion or a slowing down in the development of the fetus.
If the disease is manifested in the later stages, there is a risk of premature birth. This can result in an abscess right at the time of birth, leading to infection of the baby and the manifestation of disease in the form of:
- lesions of the umbilical ring;
- infections of the respiratory tract and lungs;
The main causes of bartholinitis considered:
- diseases of the oral cavity infectious nature in the form of stomatitis, periodontitis, gingivitis;
- inflammation of the urinary system;
- the presence of bacterial vaginosis.
Bartholinitis acute in the period of gestation differs instant development. The symptoms of the disease are considered:
- swelling of the labia;
- the occurrence of pain in an intimate area;
- raising the temperature to thirty-nine degrees;
Diagnosis of the disease
Than and how to treat the disease can only tell the doctor. For this woman the manifestation of the first symptoms you need to seek help. To determine causes and treatment it is necessary to conduct the inspection. Based on the complaints, the specialist will prescribe the examination. It includes:
- letting blood from a vein for HIV and syphilis;
- renting a vaginal swab on the flora;
- bacterial seeding of purulent content;
- PCR smear for hidden infections;
- delivery vaginal discharges in the determination of the infection and its susceptibility to antibiotics.
Treatment of acute bartholinitis
As soon as the patient is diagnosed, treatment begins therapy. In the early stages it is carried out at home without surgery. Is the treatment of Bartholin’s glands in compliance with several recommendations, including:
- bed rest and refraining from any physical activity;
- applying cool compresses on the affected area;
- taking anti-inflammatory drugs;
- the use of a therapy that includes warm baths of medicinal herbs;
- reception of antibiotics.
In the treatment of acute bartholinitis need to accelerate the process of opening the abscess. This will help the lubrication of the abscess ointment Vishnevsky or Levamisole.
Drug therapy involves the elimination of the inflammatory process in areas corking. For this prescribed antibacterial agents. Therefore, the treatment of bartholinitis antibiotics is carried out within seven to ten days. To the disease soon passed, they are administered directly into the vagina.
Long-term treatment antibacterial agents adversely affects the healthy microflora. Therefore, in addition the cosmetics that contribute to the restoration of the vaginal mucosa. Such drugs include Nystatin.
Treatment of chronic bartholinitis
How to cure bartholinitis chronic nature? If a woman is diagnosed, then the treatment will be long and difficult enough. When using drug therapy, the result will be temporary. Relapses happen after three to six months after treatment. The thing is that bartolina capsule dense enough, and all applied drugs penetrate not to the end.
Treatment without surgery include:
- sitting in baths of salt or herbal infusions;
- the use of physiotherapy in the form of magnetic therapy, UHF, the use of an infrared laser;
- strengthening immune function.
If a woman treats bartholinitis is not the first time, in this case surgery is carried out.
Treatment during pregnancy
Treatment of bartholinitis is a mandatory antibiotics. This therapy applies to new moms. There are antibacterial agents that are permitted during pregnancy. They do not affect the state of the baby.
As antiseptic therapy is prescribed the irrigation of the vaginal mucosa with Miramistin or Chlorhexidine. If the abscess is opened, it is allowed to use Vishnevsky ointment or nasal spray.
As an additional and safe treatment prescribed the use of warm baths with herbs or salt.
With timely treatment to the doctor and proper use of drugs, it is possible to avoid surgical intervention.
After the treatment process the expectant mother should observe careful hygiene. Undercut is not only in the morning and evening and after each trip to the toilet. For this you can use a special feminine wash.
To avoid the occurrence of the disease or repeated recurrences, following a few recommendations. These include:
- careful monitoring of the carrying out hygienic procedures: as often as possible to wash and time to change underwear;
- the use of condoms during sexual intercourse;
- refusal to wear tight underwear;
- the use of herbal baths;
- strengthening immune function.
After the removal of the abscess and removal of fluid, experts advise to carry out the procedure cauterization with silver. This method makes it possible to completely get rid of the disease.
Every woman needs to know where are the Bartholin’s glands to avoid their inflammation. The disease can be completely cured and no threat to life it represents. But it is worth remembering that at his manifestation in women experience pretty uncomfortable feelings.