Treatment of endometriosis is the cause of infertility
Endometriosis is among the most common gynecological diseases, leading to female infertility. This disease according to statistics, the reason for the inability to bear children almost half of the cases.
The causes of the disease endometriosis
This happens due to the endometrial hyperplasia. But not the fact that a woman exposed to the disease, can not get pregnant. It happens not less often than usual, but often ends in miscarriage in the early stages. It was caused by the growth registered in the lumen of the fallopian tubes, accompanied by thickening of their walls. So, the conditions that impede the passage of the male gametes.
The obstruction of the fallopian tubes endometriosis is a consequence of the disease. The reasons for this are ambiguous.
Affect the development of the disease is repeated abortions, resulting in a failure of fertilization.
It is necessary to allocate some other reasons contributing to the development of endometriosis:
- Hormonal changes in women related to increased levels of estrogen.
- Retrograde menstrual blood flow.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Disorders in the immune system.
Symptoms of endometriosis
According to experts, in some cases, the disease can occur without symptoms and this is related to some difficulties in its detection. The greatest danger in an asymptomatic course of the disease threatens women do not perceive radical changes, while the endometriosis goes into running form and occurs when the complications begin. This is the worst case scenario, endometriosis acts not as a cause of infertility, but as a dangerous disease, receiving severe and not treatable.
Symptoms of endometriosis:
- Spasmodic pain in the lower abdomen, often extending to lumbar region. The most characteristic is expressed with the onset of the critical days during intercourse.
- Violation of menstruation, accompanied by its strengthening and increased maturity.
- Drawing pain in the abdomen radiating to the rectum. The intensity of pain is always different, they seem to be pulsating, growing, then stop, but with the passage of time becoming stronger.
- The bleeding in the intermenstrual period, are not always accompanied by painful sensations.
- Sharp, cutting pain when urinating.
- The lack of effect after taking anti-inflammatory drugs.
Diagnosis of endometriosis
To identify the presence of the disease on their own, relying only on symptoms is not possible. At the slightest suspicion, you should consult a specialist in female consultation. Endometriosis and infertility go hand in hand, but causes the inability to get pregnant there are other and proper diagnosis plays a crucial role in identifying and establishing the problem.
- Laparoscopy. Allows you to inspect accurately determine changes in 99% of cases.
- Hysterosalpingography. Allows us to examine the endometrium and fallopian tube in the presence of oral benign tumors. Effective in 95% of cases.
- Methods of treatment often require surgical intervention, in other cases, the costs of the adoption of drugs. It all depends on the degree of development of endometrial hyperplasia.
Surgical intervention is resorted to in cases of rupture of endometriotic cysts, distinct pain syndromes who do not act anti-inflammatory and painkillers.
Is the operation in full localization of tumors of endometriosis, the mechanical means available in the circumstances. If the lesions are superficial, used a laser scalpel. In cases where endometriotic lesions located deep and with a laser to perform the surgery is not possible, to locate the foci of the disease on the affected area and used radiowave methods of surgical interventions. According to experts, the main with successful treatment of the endometriosis is not the operation itself, and the collection of all medical procedures. Basically it is a hormonal therapy used depending on the extent and severity of the disease.
Drug treatment is effective only at the initial stage of the disease, when not required no surgery or hospitalization. It is limited to the adoption of medications in the home, but strictly on prescription. The main goal is to reduce the activity of endometriotic ectopic and to suppress the hypothalamic-pituitary system is responsible for the development of the disease. It should be remembered — hormone therapy is in many ways similar to preventive actions, it is able to restore reproductive function in 60% of cases, but is not able to offset the hearth of endometriosis, as fully to cope with the disease.
You should not perceive this disease as a death sentence. Not always endometriosis leads to infertility. 50% of women exposed to it, they are able to bear children.