Types of partial birth abortion, abortion
Someone meets you on the news of pregnancy with joy, feeling fulfilled dreams. For someone new becomes a complete surprise, the collapse of all hopes and plans. Every woman entering an abortion, there are weighty reasons. Not judging or justifying, let us examine what types of abortion practiced in this period the possible consequences. What type of intervention brings the least harm to the female body? Is it possible to get an abortion for free?
When is the abortion?
- the woman’s request up to 12 weeks;
- on social grounds up to 22 weeks;
- medically – at any time.
Preparation for surgery includes blood tests and urine tests, screening for infections, medical consultation and ECG. Ultrasound necessarily conducted to clarify the duration of pregnancy and to determine the localization of the ovum.
The types of abortion
There is such a thing as a spontaneous abortion (miscarriage), which becomes the result is not quite well pregnancy or exposure to sudden unplanned external factor. In other cases, talking about artificial abortion (megabore).
Methods of interruption of pregnancy:
- medication — use of hormonal preparations in tailored doses according to a specific pattern;
- mini-abortion, which involves vacuum-aspirator;
- instrumental curettage of the uterus with vacuum aspiration of the ovum;
- the application of salt solution (artificial premature birth);
- small caesarean section.
A woman has a right to decide how to choose a form of abortion and period of pregnancy plays a role.
Applies only at an early, obstetric to 6 weeks pregnancy (up to 42 days amenorrhea). This method is recommended for young women for the first time with pregnancy.
The method involves the use of drugs that disrupt the production of progesterone – a hormone necessary for fetal development, as well as tools that improve the uterine tone. Deprived of a vital element, the embryo dies and is rejected by the woman’s body. The procedure should be performed under medical supervision in a medical facility (office or day — hospital, outpatient clinic, antenatal clinics), because there is always the risk of profuse bleeding. Two days later carried out a visual inspection at the gynecologist, which gives the final analysis of the effectiveness of the procedure. In most cases abortion is done for a fee in private clinics.
Preformed method is recognized by many doctors as the safest form of abortion, as the direct interference in the uterine cavity does not occur. Therefore, minimized the possibility of injury, inflammation, and risk of infertility in the future is extremely low.
But in this case, there are a number of side effects:
- gross interference in the natural cycle causes hormonal failure, violation of menstruation, increased bleeding;
- there is an influence not only on the reproductive system, but also on the organism as a whole, suffer from the organs of internal secretion (thyroid, pancreas);
- having dyspepsia;
- possible headaches are vascular in nature.
Vacuum mini-abortion and medical abortion — the main types of abortion in the early stages. Vacuum aspiration is carried out for the period of 5 weeks of pregnancy. In comparison with the classical interference this method is more forgiving as it is not done by force the opening of the cervix, which is important for carrying future pregnancies. The uterine cavity is entered aspirator vacuum suction, and the embryo is drawn into the apparatus.
The intervention is performed under local anesthesia and takes 7 — 10 minutes. A woman can leave the clinic on the day of treatment, and full recovery occurs within weeks. After this period, consultation of gynecologist, ultrasound.
After induced abortion by method of vacuum aspiration complications and the long term effects are minimal, but possible.
- 100% guarantee that the fertilized egg is removed completely, will not give one, and therefore the possibility of repetition of such interference is not eliminated;
- bleeding and local inflammation after abortion is a frequent phenomenon, and even a very good doctor can not with certainty predict the outcome of the intervention;
- minimum (up to 5 weeks) infertility as a side effect is unlikely to extend the life and increases the risk.
If the decision on the termination of pregnancy was made, but for some reason this did not happen in the early stages, you can get an abortion by resorting to surgical method. This method has been practiced for periods up to 16 weeks, he is recognized as the most traumatic and difficult, but, unfortunately, still is used often.
Its essence is that special extenders my cervix is ripening, large parts of the fetus are removed with forceps, and the rest is cleaned with a curette. The procedure usually is performed under General anesthesia, but it is possible and local anesthesia.
The danger of the method lies in the fact that the doctor is working “on touch” in this approach, injuries are inevitable, in some cases it can result in the amputation of the uterus. The more remote consequences of such a step:
- uterine bleeding;
- inflammation of the genital organs;
- damage to the cervix;
- miscarriages, problems with pregnancy;
After instrumental abortion, type of abortion, are really risky to the health of the reproductive system in women can take years.
There are times when the long-awaited pregnancy should be interrupted for reasons beyond the woman’s reasons. Some infectious diseases can adversely affect fetal development. Modern range of examination aimed at early detection of genetic pathologies that require immediate abortion. Complex situations arise with the stood pregnancy.
In any case, forced to get rid of the baby leaves a deep psychological trauma, in addition, the artificial intervention in late pregnancy (after 16 weeks) is associated with risk for life and are appointed under strict indications.
What types of abortions are available to women in these cases?
- Small surgery by type of caesarean section is carried out not later than 22 weeks. Though this method is quite traumatic, but the efficiency is absolute. After surgery, natural childbirth in the future is usually contraindicated.
- The use of salt solutions, when the amniotic fluid injected a concentrated salt solution, slowly killing the embryo (amnioinfusion). After that, using drugs that increase the tone of the uterus, provoke an artificial birth.
- Acupuncture, homeopathy, people’s councils are not the kinds of abortions, giving a guarantee of safe abortion. Often after such experiments have to fight for a woman’s life and to care for children with serious pathologies.
What you should consider
While in the medical community argue about how abortion is safer, and the government is discussing a prohibitive measures, the number of aborted pregnancies is only increasing. A significant proportion of them are medical abortions in the “home performance”. Women rarely think about the consequences, believing such a step is quite harmless. But there is abortion, it is absolutely safe for health.
- every fifth woman after abortion cure long-term inflammation;
- 10% is obtained in the form of complications of bleeding;
- 15% have problems with gestation subsequent pregnancies often end in miscarriages;
- about 10% remain infertile.
A woman going for an abortion, is playing Russian roulette without knowing in advance which category you will get. On the question of what abortion is better, the answer is simple – the one which was not.