Until what time you can terminate a pregnancy?
Modern medical statistics annually records the increase in the number of abortions, most of which is produced in early pregnancy. The desire to terminate a pregnancy by artificial means are not always justified by compelling circumstances. So the question, to what term it is possible to terminate the pregnancy with the least impact on the reproductive sphere need to be discussed with a gynecologist is mandatory.
Types of abortion
Confirmation of pregnancy is not always the women causing pleasant associations. There are times when to keep the fruit does not allow household, physical, financial difficulties and other circumstances. Despite the rules of law, which officially allowed to have an abortion up to 12th week of pregnancy, search as safe as possible the type and term of interest to many women.
The question, to what period can I have an abortion, should be discussed with the gynecologist. The doctor in each individual case decides when you can have an abortion to preserve the reproductive function and not to cause health damage.
In terms of abortion klassificeret:
- early (abortion up to 12 weeks);
- later (in the period of more than 12 weeks).
Depending on the period of pregnancy, the gynecologist determines what kind of medabot the maximum acceptable in this situation.
In obstetric practice, adhere to the following rules:
|A form of abortion||The pregnancy||View ongoing manipulations|
|Drug (frmabout)||Abortion in the period before 6 weeks||Reception of tablets of the drug|
|Mini abortion||No more than 7 weeks||Vacuum aspiration of the ovum|
|Surgical||To 12 weeks up to 22 weeks for special reasons||The expansion of the cervical canal followed by scraping of the uterine cavity|
The deadline for abortion to 12 weeks, but there are situations when to do a termination and possibly in a later period.
- chief physician;
- gynecologist who observed pregnancy;
- related professionals (in the presence of systemic diseases in anamnesis);
The decision, to what time you can have an abortion and in what way, will be based on such factors as:
- physical and mental health of the patient;
- the circumstances that influenced the adoption of such decision;
- the presence of systemic diseases;
- Allergy in anamnesis;
- the risk of complications;
- the threat to life.
On what time you can do the medical (pharmaceutical) abortion, most often interested in nulliparous women. The essence of farmavita is to receive a synthetic steroid antigistaminnoe means Mifepristone, which increases the contractile ability of the myometrium and contributes to the expulsion of the ovum. In combination with Misoprostol (synthetic prostaglandin analogue), the pharmaceutical effect is enhanced.
However, the solution to how many months abortion using pills, should be resolved by the gynecologist. The view that the absence of prompt intervention in the reproductive organs safely eliminates the risk of complications wrong.
The maximum term for the procedure of pharmaceutical abortion 6 weeks (42 days from the date of the last menstrual period). If of pregnancy, the possibility of incomplete removal of the ovum. In the absence of monthly need for more consultation of the gynecologist and ultrasound examination of the uterine cavity.
To do a medical abortion without a physician’s consultation is unacceptable for a pregnant woman. Only a doctor decides to how many weeks you can do a abortion with pills in order to minimize the risk of hormonal imbalance.
Vacuum aspiration is the most common type of interruption of pregnancy on term of 7 weeks:
- Compared to farmingtom, vacuum aspiration ensures complete deletion Bartiromo material in 95% of cases. At the same time, doctors do vacuum abortion to reduce the risk of injury of reproductive organs.
- The lack of action related to the expansion of the cervical canal which prevents the occurrence of functional disorders in the cervical Department in the future.
- The healing of the wound surface is performed in a shorter time than when surgical intervention a violation of the integrity of the endometrium.
- Interrupting the pregnancy with the help of minibart, the patient may refuse the use of General anesthesia in the presence of high pain threshold.
- Abortion produced on the first month of pregnancy by vacuum aspiration, has minimal risk of complications. Despite the absence of contraindications, only the physician should decide whether to make a mini abortion at 12 weeks.
- The lack of a long rehabilitation period increases the number of patients who wish to do medabot by vacuum suction on the permissible duration of pregnancy.
Despite the advantages of vacuum aspiration, there is a risk of complications:
- the appearance of inflammatory diseases of reproductive organs;
- the risk of polyps due to incomplete removal of residual Bartiromo material;
- spazmirovannah muscles of the cervical canal;
- the appearance of clots in the uterine cavity and cervical canal;
- delay parts of the ovum and the need to repeat the procedure.
Abortion with the use of surgical instruments is the most traumatic kind of ongoing manipulations for abortion, performed by a doctor. The method consists in expanding the cervical canal and curettage of the uterus with a curette. To surgery is resorted to only in the most unusual situations, when the use of other methods is impossible.
The basis for the appointment of medical methods of abortion are:
- the pregnancy exceeds 7 weeks;
- contraindications to the use of alternative methods of megabite;
- developmental abnormalities of the reproductive organs;
- abnormalities of intrauterine development of the fetus due to chromosomal and other abnormalities;
- infection during pregnancy, which may cause irreversible consequences for the unborn child;
- missed abortion;
- the threat to the life of the patient;
- the incapacity of women, associated with physical and mental health.
Later intervention period from 12 to 22 weeks – an exceptional case, resorted to by agreement in situations such as:
- finding women in places of deprivation of liberty;
- the death of the husband during pregnancy;
- termination of parental rights;
- detection of fetal abnormalities of fetal development in the later period;
- a serious illness, would pose a real threat to the patient’s life.
Making a decision about a late abortion, which can no longer be done according to acceptable standards, it is necessary to assess the risk of possible complications. The likelihood of complications in women who had medabot, increases by 15 – 20% with each successive month.
Postabortive among the main consequences are:
- perforation of uterus during curettage (scraping);
- rupture of the cervical canal as it expands;
- the formation of polyps by incomplete cleansing of the uterine cavity;
- the risk of bleeding, appearance of blood clots in the uterus and the cervical channel;
- the risk of infection;
- a longer recovery period for healing of the wound surface;
Taking a decision about terminating the pregnancy at any time, you must assess the risk not only for reproductive but also for the whole organism. The task of the physician to give the patient a realistic idea of the ongoing manipulation, to push the idea that it is not just the removal of biological material, and human life. A hasty decision can forever change the destiny of the woman, depriving her the joy of motherhood.