What hormones need to take when planning a pregnancy
To conceive, without any doubt, must be carefully prepared, because planning pregnancy – the most important step to take which should seriously and thoroughly. In addition to the General analyses and checks for infection, it is important to find out whether the normal level of hormones. The article will tell you which tests for hormones during pregnancy and to do what is needed.
Why take the tests
Checking hormones is a mandatory procedure that needs to pass before conception. Because in the process of gestation all the organs are subjected to unimaginable stress. To determine whether there is enough body resources to the most difficult work, carried out blood tests.
Any couple who dreams of an heir, wants it to happen easily and quickly. Unfortunately, many are unable to have a baby very long months, sometimes even years, but don’t go to the doctor. As the statistics shows most of the problems can be solved if the parents will appeal to professionals and the time test when planning a pregnancy. In order to avoid unwanted thoughts and laments: «why not go», the pair can best prepare for pregnancy in advance. When there is an imbalance of hormones, this can cause:
- the long absence of pregnancy;
- missed abortion;
- aggravation of chronic diseases, which start to pregnancy;
- acute as toxicity;
- difficulties in childbirth;
- problems of development of the fetus;
- abnormal condition accompanying pregnancy.
When you consider what the hormone test will depend on the dates on which to perform the analysis. Sometimes it takes a re-test, especially when there are doubts about the results or after drug treatment. Studied the blood from the vein, and identify the indicators of hormone levels and their comparison to the norm. The important point should adhere to the calendar dates you are testing, otherwise the total value may be unreliable:
- DHEA-sulfate and testosterone analysis revealed in the 8th, 9th or 10th from the start day of the cycle.
- Progesterone and estradiol, together with LH detect markers and follicle-stimulating hormone after 22 days. Assignment deadlines depend on the circumstances.
- It also prolactinemia and luteinizing hormones are tested, usually in 5-th, 6 th, 7 th, 8 th, 9 th or 19-th, 20-th, 21-th days of the women’s calendar. If there is a discrepancy between the standards of LG-markers can be detected during the entire Cycling period. The fact that this result identifies ovulation date, and they are not required to submit to gynecological calendar.
In addition to rigorous compliance tests, you need to follow the strictest guidelines:
- To give blood for testing strictly on an empty stomach. Can’t drink or eat in the morning, not allowed snacks at night.
- You should try to avoid nervous tension, which could significantly distort the picture of the test, it is better to avoid psycho-emotional overload for 5 – 6 days before the test.
- On the background of tablets containing hormonal components, a graph analysis is determined by a doctor.
- It is recommended to restrict Smoking for 3.5 hours before testing.
- Invalid alcoholic beverages – 2 to 4 days before testing.
- Sport and intimate relationship can influence the results, the limit is 24 hours.
Mandatory to check hormones
What are the hormones need to take when planning a pregnancy? For understanding the operation of the systems of the body doctor can guide to pass all sorts of tests, and regulatory required list:
- (FSH) follicle-stimulating hormone. It is a special substance produced with the pituitary gland, triggers the growth of follicles in the ovaries. In addition, the FS-hormones trigger the production of another hormone – estrogen. As a result of having follicles in the uterus grow new endometrial cell clusters, preparing it for the attachment of the ovum. When the FSH level in the body reaches maximum values, there is a period of ovulation.
- Prolactinemia hormonal factor. It has a huge impact on ovulation and is responsible for lactation after delivery. In cases of inconsistency the level of prolactinoma hormone normal numbers, probably immature follicles, the ovulation will not occur. During the day, increased hormonal changes, emotional state significantly alters the results. These features are taken into account, even when testing: before taking a blood prolactin recommended rest for half an hour. Exceeding it may indicate neoplastic conditions of the pituitary gland, polycystic appendages, anorexia, liver and kidney.
- Estradiol. Analysis of indicators of the hormone for rent during the whole cycle. The development started under the influence of the ripening of the follicle, yellow body of the ovary, in the adrenal glands. In addition, under the action of prolactin, FSH and LH, estradiol is produced by adipose tissue. Excess estradiol is in the presence of immature follicles, cystic lesions of the ovaries, tumors on the appendage. Hormone levels can decline for cigarettes, sports, higher values prolactinomas indications, abnormalities of the luteal period, the chance of miscarriage.
- Progesteronelike hormone. It is produced by the placenta and corpus luteum. Progesterone is responsible for preparing the endometrium of the uterus for implantation of the ovum, and after that contributes to the preservation of pregnancy for women. In case of reduction of indicators there is a possibility of improper functioning of the corpus luteum, and sometimes chronic inflammation.
- Luteinizing hormone (LH). If FSH starts the process of follicle growth, LH is responsible for further «ripening». This hormone directly affects the ovulation process, the secretion of estrogen and further education yellow body. Figures analysis of LH increase during ovulation, which subsequently decreases hormone levels to reduced levels than in the follicular phase. Analysis of luteinizing hormone will show how to operate the yellow body in the ovary. If there is a suspicion of female infertility, the doctor monitors the balance of hormones FS to L. Violations in their balance sheet says about the problems of the work of the pituitary gland, hypothyroidism, renal failure, amenorrhea.
- Testosterone. It needed not only men, but women, albeit in much smaller numbers. Produced in the body by the adrenal glands and ovaries. Excess rates of hormone signals the strengthening of the functions of the adrenal, tumors, appendages, hereditary predisposition. Lowering indicators of testosterone may be a sign of the presence of endometriosis, the birth of fibroids or tumors in the mammary glands, increase estrogen levels increased.
- Total thyroxine – T4. Another hormone produced by the thyroid cells. Its concentration is compared with the level of TK to identify normal values. T4 is the hormone responsible for the metabolism, increase heat production and oxygen to the organs and tissues of the body.
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone. Indicators of the hormone is needed in order to exclude thyroid disease. In the case of disturbances of the thyroid gland the TSH levels will fall. May increase in renal failure, neoplastic processes.
- Antibodies to thyroid-stimulating hormone. This analysis allows to predict future disturbances in the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Cortisol is a hormone. This substance is reproduced by the cortex of the adrenal bodies when a person is under stress. Stimulates the heart muscle, and improves attention. The rule promotes gestation and a natural birth.
- DHEA-sulfate. Produced by the adrenal cortex, as well as testosterone, is a male hormone. In case of overestimate of the indicators there is a possibility of disorders in the ovaries. DHEA-sulfate warns that a high risk of miscarriage. The reduction parameters relative to normal readings, said the depletion of the ovaries, early menopause, obesity and a concomitant increase in growth of hair.
- Triiodothyronine – T3. Is one of the thyroid, the development occurs under the influence of TT-hormone. The results of the analysis need to compare to the T4 hormone.
Transcript of analysis indicators should engage a doctor, because many hormonal parameters are closely related to each other. The patient will not be able to correctly determine the norms of a particular analysis. Diagnosis and treatment is best left to a specialist. In addition, often you want to check hormonal parameters again in order to exclude erroneous results. A woman who is planning a healthy pregnancy, it is recommended to take blood tests for hormones for 3 to 4 months before conception.
Hormone levels will set the date of the ovulation period will allow you to accurately monitor the correctness of the processes in the body. Even if the problems are detected always with the help of medicines the doctor can adjust the hormone level to plan pregnancy only brought the joy of future motherhood.