When to go to the gynecologist: after a month or to
Reproductive female organs are very vulnerable. Their physiology is such that the initial stage of disease occur without symptoms and discomfort. This applies to sexually transmitted infections, erosions and inflammation, to cope with the consequences which are very difficult. Precancerous condition can last for years before manifesting themselves. The only way to detect them at an early stage, timely gynecological examination and investigation of smears on flora and a Cytology.
Practice confirmed that to carry out such inspections once every six months, but not less frequently than annually. A visit to the gynecologist, you should plan in advance and prepare for it. Many businesses require their employees to undergo these procedures are in General working order. And here the question arises:
- Does it make sense to go for a visit during menstruation?
- When to go to the gynecologist after a month?
- Do I need to wait until the end of menstruation to go to the doctor when you feel unwell?
How is a pelvic exam?
If a woman has no complaints or special indications for examination, regular checkups with a gynecologist is still needed. Except they can detect the hidden disease, they are useful for family planning, and tracking of age-related changes and just to make sure women in their health. To determine the date of such a visit will help a better understanding of what constitutes a pelvic exam, can I schedule it before menstruation, during menstruation or should I wait for them to finish.
Full inspection, which experts recommend to go every 6 months, includes:
- The survey, during which the doctor fills the form and notes on what to pay special attention. To answer the questions you need to clearly, unashamedly and openly, even if they seem unethical. For the doctor it’s important information.
- During an external exam, the doctor measures the height, weight, blood pressure, assesses the hairline on the woman’s body. Inspects the condition of the glands, carefully inspect the chest. Looking for genital warts, irritation, rashes or other abnormal formations on the genitals on the outside.
- In virtue of female physiology during menstruation the uterus and other organs swell and change position. Therefore, at a palpation the doctor will not be able to determine the presence of disorders or pathologic entities. The use of tools injure sensitive at this time, the mucosa that later may lead to infection.
- For this reason, the procedure will be painful for women, and to assess the condition of the internal organs in her sensations difficult.
- Visual inspection does not give the result of menstrual flow and swelling of the vaginal walls.
- View the state of normal discharge at this time is impossible.
- The results of the analyses for smear will be distorted by particles of blood and the endometrium, so if you need a swab will have to take again after one month.
- The same applies to blood tests and other studies, because during menstruation, a performance of the systems of the female body change significantly.
- The probability to enter into the uterus of infection, even if carried out by a gynecologist in compliance with all sanitary rules during menstruation increases dramatically.
- The woman is not too comfortable to be on the gynecological chair in the days of menstrual flow.
In some cases, inspection is necessary in the critical days
There are circumstances in which the gynecologist is assigned to it during menstruation:
- To install the intrauterine device is most convenient in the first days of menstruation because the cervix at this time is opened.
In addition, the refresh period of the internal skin to the uterus is easier to accept a foreign object.
- At the end of eight weeks after childbirth prescribed routine visit to the gynecologist. It should not be delayed, even if spotting has not yet ended. During this period, any irregularities or soreness in the genital area are the reason for going to the doctor.
Not only the critical state with pain and fever, but excessive bleeding, or, on the contrary, its rapid attenuation.
- Short Protocol IVF start at 3 – 5 day cycle.
- Also go for a checkup during menstruation, if at this time, women regularly have problems: severe critical days; exacerbation in a chronic disease; itching and irritation in the genital area.
You must immediately seek help, not wait until the end of menstruation in such cases:
- pain in the lower abdomen, lower back or Breasts;
- with a significant increase in temperature, and if not a very high temperature for a long time;
- with weakness, dizziness and other ailments;
- if menstrual periods have altered the composition, color or smell;
- at the outbreak of the herpes or fungal infection, with the appearance of a suspicious rash, irritation, burning and painful itching;
- if a strong bleeding;
- if the discharge does not stop more than 7 days.
Any of these symptoms talking about the pathological process in the body. To take action in such a situation you should immediately.
When should I schedule the inspection after a month?
The most informative for exploring gynecologists consider 7 – 15 days of the female monthly cycle. In this phase already formed dominant follicle egg grows and produces estradiol. The whole hormonal system in women working at full capacity. This is the best time for a more credible survey and identify the causes of possible deviations from the norm. This time interval accounts for approximately 4 to 8 days after menstruation, then you should go on reception to the gynecologist.
Also important was the woman a course of antibiotics or antifungal drugs. After them, it is not advisable to do the analysis on the microflora. The body needs two weeks to restore natural balance of bacteria, only then it makes sense to go to the examination with the delivery of the smear test.
That inspection was the most comfortable and efficient to prepare for it:
- To follow the usual course and duration of cycle, character of discharge in different phases. To note that seemed odd. To consider the issues where advice is required. Remember the start date of the last critical days.
- The day before the scheduled examination to avoid vaginal penetration during sex to have injured the vaginal walls and the presence of male seminal fluid in a smear does not distort the results.
- To unsubscribe from intimate perfume and scented pads.
- To douche before the examination is impossible, because this would disrupt the natural internal environment of the vagina.
- To go for the examination you must empty bladder and bowels, their fullness has not prevented internal examination.
For seeking medical attention does not exist “indecent” days
Between a gynaecologist and women who go to them for advice, there are special norms of decency and ethics. Menstruation is a barrier to inspection only when it affects getting the required result in the scheduled, checkups. If during menstruation manifested disturbing symptoms, you need to unashamedly ask for help, because lost time can aggravate the situation and lead to dangerous consequences.