Where to begin pregnancy planning woman
Pregnancy planning is an important step that makes future parents, pay special attention to the conception of a child. Particularly the training relevant to women over thirty. But not all mums and dads know what is included in the planning process and how to make the first step to training was successful and at the optimum time. A visit to the gynecologist and the therapist – the starting point of planning: these experts will tell you what to do next, so that eventually a man and a woman step by step went through all the stages and became parents.
Planning pregnancy: from the first step to conception
Modern couples rarely become parents spontaneously deciding to have a baby, they don’t just stop to be safe. Increasingly, potential moms and dads talk about planning a pregnancy. Where to begin this is rather a long process that it includes: those interested in an increasing number of parents, which was not in the last century.
This shift in approach to planning children occurred by chance: today for the birth and upbringing of the baby was important to first “stand up”. Therefore, increasing the percentage of young parents who are over 30 years or more: they managed to make a career with income, to accumulate financial reserves, to build your “angle”. They take a conscious decision to become parents, and come to conceive the future child with care. Therefore, planning pregnancy after 35 years has become such an important and useful topic.
The other side
But achieving stability and financial independence – this is only one side of the coin. Unfortunately, the statistics on pregnancies and childbirth after 30 – 35 years shows that with every passing year the chances of a successful conception and gestation, the birth of a healthy child becoming smaller. Conceiving a baby after a threshold in 35 years there is twice less when compared with the age 20 – 25 years when planning pregnancy people the highest chances of successful fertilization.
Almost 20% of couples today are unable to conceive a child, since parents – one or both less frequently – diagnosed with “infertility”. Risk to be face to face with this pathology women under 35 years of age and only at this age are engaged in planning a pregnancy.
Therefore, if the pair passed the age threshold of 30 – 35 years old, I decided to take this step, they need a very careful approach to the planning process and to begin it in advance, especially if you attempt to have a baby has been done for six months or even a year, but to no avail. So, it’s time to go to the doctor, which will help to make gradually planning a future pregnancy, conduct a complete examination to identify problems and understand whether there are grounds to speak about infertility and its treatment. Examination must pass not only the woman but the father of the unborn child – this greatly increases the chances of a successful conception.
Improves and identifies
Regardless of whether the infertility of one of the spouses or not, the tips that experts give to couples 30 – 35 years when planning a pregnancy, most of them about the same.
- improve fertility – fertility of both parents, because age is a deterioration in the quality of eggs and sperm, the status of the body;
- identify health problems in women, if necessary, and to men, to find pre-existing disease and carry out therapy that will eliminate or reduce the effect of pathologies on fetal development and well-being of the expectant mother during gestation.
Usually all the stages prepare for a successful conception is about two, sometimes three months. If you have large problems in the reproductive system of one of the parents or health in General, planning can take six months. During this time, a woman can pass all the tests, to prepare yourself for carrying the baby, and the man – to increase its fertility, adding to the chances of fertilization.
Gynecologist – the first paragraph
The very first step that starts any pregnancy, regardless of whether it passes after 30 years or before attaining that age, is a visit to a gynecologist’s office. The expectant mother can make an appointment to see the doctor in the antenatal clinic or a private clinic. The gynecologist will make the first conclusions after studying the medical records of the patient, finding out all about what has already happened pregnancies, previous abortions or spontaneous miscarriages (if any).
Also gynecologist should perform the practices that have been intended parents for contraception, and to do a colposcopy to rule out any pathology affecting the cervix. If necessary, he will remove the uterine spiral and talk with a woman the abolition of contraceptives.
Important information for him and write about migrated or chronic diseases, because the gynecologist should send the woman for further investigation by making a list of necessary activities.
Usually the first stage includes the following tests:
- EKG and a trip to the doctor-therapist;
- the change of different tests and smears – the General, clinical, infection and hormones;
- necessary ULTRASOUND study;
- a visit to the endocrinologist (according to indications);
- consultations of specialists (in the presence of chronic diseases);
- hike to genetics (if age at least one parent of 35 years is mandatory).
In the antenatal clinic all surveys can be free. In a private clinic preparing for pregnancy will result in a considerable amount.
If there are indications, that man was sent to the andrologist and the delivery of sperm to ensure his health and fertility, because male infertility today as well as women, is quite common. Both spouses must give blood to determine blood group and RH factor, if the physician knew about the possibility of the occurrence during pregnancy of rhesus-conflict.
According to the testimony of the gynecologist may recommend the woman to keep a daily measurement of basal temperature on the day of the cycle in order to identify any violations and prescribe treatment. Graph of the basal temperature should be not less than 3 months.
The therapist is important and necessary
Rarely it happens that, from age 30 – 35 years, man is still totally healthy, so you should pay due attention to the examination by a physician, after pregnancy and childbirth give the body a very heavy load. The doctor will listen and examine the woman, measure the pressure, if indicated – will send on reception to narrow experts. Check the condition of the cardiovascular system, abdominal organs. ECG is mandatory regardless of the availability of the complaints.
It is important to consult a physician about their chronic diseases: what should I do to during gestation they don’t escalate, what to follow and how to prepare for conceiving a child, with the existing pathology. The physician should help the patient to avoid any possible recurrence, for this purpose, the required period of pregnancy planning.
Also, the therapist can guide for the necessary vaccinations that will protect the mother from dangerous infections and viruses. After vaccination is necessary to sustain the range of from 1 to 6 months. Immediately after vaccination to conceive a child is impossible.
If the results of the survey were prescribed courses of therapy, including antibiotics, antivirals, steroids, or hormone drugs, the time when conception is permissible for medical reasons, it is necessary to discuss with your doctor.
According to the testimony, and without
The list of experts to whom to turn when there is a pregnancy planning, individual; the therapist and the gynecologist will tell you where to start. Most often in the list of appointments includes:
- Dentist. This knows every woman who ever heard about pregnancy and childbirth. All dental problems should be addressed before conception, no possibility of infection and early inflammation during gestation. Sanitation of the oral cavity in preparation for pregnancy included in the mandatory list.
- An otolaryngologist. Even if there are chronic diseases of the nose, ears or throat, you should visit an ENT doctor to rule out infection of the mucous membranes.
Mandatory in the scheme of examination and preparation for pregnancy is examination ENT doctor, ophthalmologist and dentist.
To other specialists, the therapist can direct the results of the tests or after studying the medical history of the expectant mother:
- if you have problems with the kidneys and the urinary tract – the nephrologist and urologist;
- when the diagnosis of “Allergy” – on consultation to the allergist and dermatologist;
- in diseases of neurological nature, including migraines, a neurologist.
Sometimes the patient needs to consult a immunologist, endocrinologist, cardiologist and surgeon.
To check hormones
Visits to the gynecologist-endocrinologist is especially important for those couples who have experienced many failed attempts to conceive a child, or if women are too big or too small weight, irregular monthly cycle, or there are systematic failures. Gynecologist-endocrinologist in this case will send a patient for tests to reveal whether there are disorders in the hormonal system, which plays a huge role in the conception and gestation of the baby. If a girl cannot get pregnant during the year, a visit to the specialist necessary.
Thyroid disease is often become the main causes of problems with conception and lead to infertility, so the expectant mother should check her work on the stage of pregnancy planning. Not superfluous will be checked on the level of glucose in the body and eliminate diabetes.
Genes decide a lot
Consultation with a geneticist is recommended for all couples planning to become parents. Definitely need to contact the doctor if:
- at least one of the parents-to-reach 35 years;
- in the family one or both the facts of genetic diseases, inherited (schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, myodystrophy, down syndrome, etc.);
- the couple already have a child with such violations;
- in the past and had a stillbirth, spontaneous abortions, regressing pregnancy;
- the parents are close relatives.
Genetics counseling may be limited to conversation, but perhaps it will be necessary to pass special tests that the doctor was able to predict the probability that the family will be born healthy with no genetic abnormalities, the child.
In the list of mandatory medical examinations when planning a pregnancy, regardless of the age of the expectant mother include:
- ECG: check the condition of the heart before the loads that it will fall by as much as 40 weeks;
- fluoroscopy: do only at the planning stage or before, because after the conception of this survey is prohibited;
- tests for the presence in a woman’s body antibodies to such serious diseases as rubella, cytomegalovirus, herpes, toxoplasmosis etc.
If necessary or at the request of the surveyed women it can send ULTRASONIC examination of small pelvis: doctors assess the health of the reproductive system. This is especially important for patients with suspected infertility.
In addition to surveys, future parents and by the need to prepare for conception, especially if their age exceeded 30 years and optimum for all indicators the time to have a child is left behind.
Self-study when planning a pregnancy include:
- A review of the diet, the transition to a healthy, balanced, wholesome nutrition. In the daily menu, you must enter the required amounts of minerals, amino acids, vitamins, that already in the first weeks of gestation was not felt their lack. Experts recommend to include in your diet foods that contain a large number of important for the reproductive system folic acid:
Folic acid is essential to the female body, especially the reproductive system: it contributes to the proper development, without pathologies, entrenched in the uterus of the fetus.
To prevent anemia, iron deficiency, which affects ovulation, you need to eat green apples, pomegranates, buckwheat, and bananas.
- Accumulation in the woman’s body of nutrients. To provide the body necessary for conception and carrying a child nutrients, it is recommended to start taking vitamins and mineral supplements.
- A complete rejection of any habits that could negatively affect the health of women and development of the baby. This is especially true of Smoking and alcohol. Better to spend more time on the air, enjoy a walk and drink fresh, vitamin-rich juices.
- If you have excess weight you need to lose weight before conceiving a child. Correct nutrition will help dietitian.
Before conceiving the child gynecologists often prescribe Femibion – complex vitamin drug rich in folic acid and other helpful items. Receiving Femibion or other multivitamin allows you to give optimal conditions for pregnancy.
Directly before conception
When doctors will make the assumption that a woman is ready to carry, you should prepare directly for conception. Men can not at this time not only accept alcohol, but also to be in the bath or sit in a hot tub. You should not smoke or drink too much coffee, drink any tablets without checking with your doctor. Nutrition, physical activity, and lifestyle can all affect the quality of sperm, and therefore conception.
Women are not allowed in this period to perform procedures such as vaginal douching. Also important psychological message, the willingness of women is not only physical. Attitude is one of the most important factors in successful conception, so if the expectant mother has problems with him, it is better to go to a psychologist who will help you to overcome fears. This is especially important for those who have experienced failure while trying to conceive or have a baby, who diagnosed the infertility. Sometimes it is important to stop to think and forget about all the problems to successfully conceive a healthy baby.
Planning for infertility
Separately should be said about preparing to conceive couples, in which someone from the future parents in the planning process of pregnancy was discovered infertility. It is diagnosed according to the results of the above examinations, the doctors may prescribe for more, to confirm.
The next step for couples with fertility problems becomes treatment in specialized centers dealing with technology in the field of assisted reproduction (art), including IVF. After consultation with the reproduction period of pregnancy planning may be extended, the list of surveys expanded, which will ultimately help to increase the chances of a successful conception. If contraindications to IVF should consider the option of surrogacy or adoption of a child.
The main thing – the result
Pregnancy, regardless of the age of the parents, she waited and planned, is happiness. Proven that after 30 years, the conception is given more difficult and less likely, but nothing is impossible, if in advance to prepare and not to lose heart even in the diagnosis of “infertility”.
The main thing – to take the first step to start planning for pregnancy:
- contact your gynecologist and therapist;
- to pass all the tests;
- to visit the recommended specialists;
- to make the procedures and investigations ordered by the doctors;
- to comply fully with prescribed therapy, if needed;
- prepare your body for nurturing, changing your lifestyle for the better.
Directly before conception should:
- watch your diet and eat properly;
- do not overwork;
- avoid stress;
- abandon heavy physical loads (sports, gym);
- with caution taking any medication (only by agreement with the physician);
- seek medical help for any health problems.
We must remember that even in healthy couples under 30 years of age, the child’s conception does not occur immediately, as soon as they abandon contraception. According to statistics, pregnancy occurs in approximately three to six months of trying, and sometimes during the year.