Why, after cauterization of erosion are spotting
Trying to have time to do all things that women sometimes forget that health is important. When discomfort and profuse discharge lead her to the office the female doctor, the situation may be so dire that the treatment process has been delayed for months. Very often in the gynecologist’s office sounds diagnosis – cervical erosion. Confused patient struggling in hysterics, and the doctor tries to calm them down. So what is erosion and how does this pathology?
The types of erosions
Cervical erosion is the inflammation of the mucous membrane and formation of defects on its surface. Erosion looks like a spot on the cervix. To recognize illness can the physician in the patient’s examination on the gynecological chair.
- Ectopia, congenital or erosion (pseudo)– process, which is asymptomatic. This files most often occurs in adolescents and young women. Associated with displacement of the cervical epithelium from the uterus into the vagina. Often neglected pseudo with a big growth of skin cells leads to cancers.
- True erosion – acute inflammatory process with a short period of flow (from a week to two), complicated by purulent or bloody discharge. Associated with mechanical injuries of the mucous of the cervix.
Cervical erosion occurs most often due to many factors.
- Genetic predisposition;
- Frequent inflammatory processes associated with poor hygiene or hypothermia;
- Hormonal disruption – receiving poorly chosen contraceptives, lack of female hormones;
- Mechanical damage;
- Early sexual life;
- Frequent change of partners;
- Unprotected contacts and infection of various sexually transmitted diseases;
- Lowered immunity;
- Delayed treatment of gynecological diseases.
When to see a doctor?
By the regulatory documents of adult working people should undergo medical examination once a year. It allows not only to prevent diseases but also more confidence to employers as to fitness of employees by eliminating diseases such as tuberculosis, HIV and various infections transmitted by airborne droplets and sexually.
So you should visit a specialized doctor at least once a year, ideally twice. After having no pronounced symptoms, erosion can occur in chronic form, contributing to the growth of tumors.
In addition, don’t neglect going to the gynecologist, if:
- there’s a suspicious discharge from the genital tract;
- if blood and smears before menstruation and after;
- if there is spotting (red, brown) selection in the middle of the cycle;
- if there is a violation of the menstrual cycle, a delay period;
- if there is pain during sexual intercourse or throughout the day.
The gynecologist will examine you and be able to give a direction for tests for correct diagnosis.
Why do we need diagnostics?
To schedule a treatment, the gynecologist should several types of tests. They all play an important role in the appointment of suitable procedures and medications.
- Smear on the flora;
- A bacterial culture test;
- Smear on Cytology;
- A blood test for STDs, syphilis, HIV, etc.
After you get all the results of the diagnosis, a specialist can accurately prescribe the right treatment. For each case, the methods may be different. The doctor takes into account the size of the erosion, concomitant infections that complicate this process and hormonal status of the patient: gave birth or not.
There are two types of treatment:
- Conservative when used with drugs that affect the mucous of the cervix topically (candles, lotions, tampons, baths with medicinal drugs) to reduce inflammation and antimicrobials inside. Effective against the true erosion.
- Surgical: used cauterization of the cervix in various ways. Shown in ectopia and other processes on the cervix.
|Method of treatment||What is it?||Effects / Features||Recovery time|
|Electrocoagulation (diathermocoagulation, DEC)||Impact on affected areas by electric current to remove overgrown tissue.||The cervix loses its elasticity, becomes scars that can negatively affect subsequent pregnancies. Is only among nulliparous women for the treatment of benign changes of the uterine cervix.||After 1 – 3 months|
|Cryosurgery (cryocoagulation)||Cauterization with liquid nitrogen and cold. Tissue is frozen under the low temperature, is the destruction of cells.||Perhaps the bad freezing of the tissues, not all cells will be removed. You can do nulliparous women, but not desirable.||After 8 – 10 weeks|
|Laser photocoagulation||The procedure is performed with laser is the most effective method. Laser vaporization allows you to remove all diseased tissue without affecting healthy areas.||Painless, leaves no scars. Does not relapse.||After 1 – 2 months|
|Radiowave destruction (RIRS)||Cauterization using radio waves of certain frequency, destroying pathogenic cells.||The structure of the muscles of the uterus after the procedure is saved, the scar is not formed. Available for nulliparous women.||after 30 days|
|Electroconization and excision||The surgical method removes the segment of the cervix.||The operation is performed under local anesthesia. Of pregnancy after this procedure, sutures to the cervix (closure) to prevent premature birth. Used in QING and other severe lesions of the cervix.|
|Chemical coagulation||Is carried out using a special solution that cauterizes the cell.||The most affordable method, sparing the mucosa of the cervix. Requires repeated use. Can be one of the stages of complex treatment.|
Lately very popular is argon plasma coagulation. The technique is used for superficial lesions of the cervix. Assigned nulliparous women. This procedure leaves no scars.
The effects of surgical interventions
Before the procedure, the gynecologist is obliged to warn the patient about possible consequences:
- The feeling of pulling pain in the lower abdomen for three days after photocoagulation;
- The possibility of scarring on the mucosa of the cervix;
- Narrowing of the cervical canal, which can cause infertility or miscarriage;
- Abundant transparent mucous or bloody-mucous watery discharge.
Which selection are the norm after cauterization?
The appearance of mucous or bloody-mucous discharge after coagulation indicates the beginning of regeneration. Sukrovichnye pink highlight going for two or three weeks. In this period there is a gradual recovery of the mucous membrane of the body. Odor, possibly after electrocoagulation is said about the cleansing of the mucosa.
Pathology is the emergence of such symptoms:
- watery discharge yellow or green in color with a sharp odor;
- itching and burning;
- the abundance of blood or blood clots, which does not stop in two weeks.
Yellow and green discharge after cauterization of erosion serve as a signal of infection that require monitoring at the gynecologist.
The most gentle is burning, done with the help of Surgitron or Fotca. This apparatus, transmitting high frequency radio waves, which contribute to the evaporation of the liquid part of the cells. Scarring is minimal, affected only the epithelium, which is aimed at a radio wave. Thus, the use of Surrogation and Poteka great for nulliparous patients.
What determines the appearance of profuse bleeding?
After coagulation on the surface there is a thin film, there is lizirovania of the scab. This film protects the place burning from the effects of infections, injuries. But there is a possibility of damage during heavy physical exertion, sexual intercourse. Why doctors and warn of the reduction in activity in the period up to one month. During this period, the tape moves, the mucosa recovers, and the woman can return to normal life.
If the scab is damaged, and blood clots forming it out together with the secretions. When loads are very large, perhaps excessive bleeding. For its termination it is better to consult a specialist. He will prescribe hemostatic drugs. If you feel unwell, strengthening of pain or any discomfort in the lower abdomen you need to go to the doctor as soon as possible.
Possible complications after treatment of erosion:
- the recurrence of the disease.
For the prevention of these complications prescribers, restoring the mucous membrane of the cervix and increase regeneration of tissues (Colored, etc.). Treatment of the cervix is carried out according to the instructions to the drug.
The relationship of bleeding depends on the period of the female cycle, which is assigned to the moxibustion. To eliminate oozing, doctors conducting the photocoagulation five days after menstruation. The first menstruation after treatment of erosion should come in time. If menstruation does not occur, you should consult a doctor.
Cervical erosion is not such a terrible disease, as it thinks most women. If diagnosed, do not panic. Effective treatment and proper, listen to the opinion of the attending physician, follow his recommendations.
Pass all the required tests, to determine the type of treatment (conservative or surgical). If the doctor is burning, make sure that the selected view is right for you. It depends on the woman gave birth or not. Stick to the limits, which warned gynecologist. Follow the rules of hygiene. Then the likelihood of women visiting the doctor again with the same problem will be zero.