Why before menstruation inflated stomach, what to do
Women see the increase in the abdomen before menstruation (usually a week for 1.5 – 2). This feature leads to despair, complicates everyday life and spoil the mood. The reasons of such behavior of the organism can be explained by the specific physiology of women.
Whom to blame in the first place
Hormones regulate the work of all human organs, and reproductive carefully. But men have problems with regular bloating due to fertility not happen. But for female weight gain 1 – 2 kg before menstruation is absolutely normal.
Bloating before menstruation occurs for the following reasons:
- Progesterone (female hormone) from cycle to cycle carefully prepares all systems to the conception and subsequent successful gestation. He can’t “know” the couple is planning the birth of an heir, or until just preparing for this important step. Under the action of the hormone and the growth of the inner lining of the uterus (endometrium).
This area is similar to a loose porous sponge containing a large number of blood vessels. They will provide all the necessary nutrients and vitamins to the embryo if the process of oocyte maturation will take place until the very end, and it will meet the sperm.
Severely swollen uterine wall gives extra volume to the abdomen during menses. If fertilization does not happen, the production of progesterone decreases and the endometrium will immediately become intensely exfoliate. Will start the bleeding routine, which displays the endometrium of reproductive organ. This is the menstrual mechanism. After 12 – 13 hours after the onset of bleeding uterus takes its original size, and the volume of the stomach becomes the same.
Monthly blood loss is not great. A healthy body easily makes up for it. Thanks to this training, the blood loss in a variety of injuries or pathological changes for women less dangerous than men.
- To compensate for the blood loss nature has developed a system of accumulation of internal fluid. The hormones estrogen and prolactin slow circulation of water in the body of a woman, and gives vasopressin antidiuretic effect (reduces urination). The water begins to gather in all available cavities. Swelling runs from the end of the menstrual cycle. To swell and swell can different parts of the body:
- at the ankles, feet and hands;
- face (cheeks, nose and even ears);
- stomach and buttocks.
- The increased blood flow in the uterine endometrium affects the blood supply to other organs in the pelvic area. This is reflected in the disorder of the digestive function, flatulence and bloating (due bowel).
- The same hormone progesterone affects the nervous system. It is thanks to him that all women, without exception, a week before menstruation much want to eat (mostly sweet, fat and flour), to cry or to behave aggressively. This behavior is causing another couple of inches on the waist and abdomen.
- In the middle of the cycle of the stomach may increase because of ovulation. When the egg goes from the ovary to the uterus — it’s minor, but still a trauma, and many women her suffer painfully. To endure such a state without complaint is not necessarily acceptable to take the anesthetic. But with constant severe symptoms to be frivolous is not worth it — you need to go to the doctor.
During menstruation the body is a huge number of changes and transformations. Each internal organ works with a heavy load. In a specific period of the cycle of the stomach may swell for various reasons or because of their complex effects.
Pregnancy and bloating
Abdominal enlargement is the first sign 2 – 3 weeks of pregnancy. If in due time the bleeding comes and there are other symptoms (nausea, heaviness in the Breasts) then it would be logical to conduct a rapid pregnancy test. With a positive result in the future each week the woman will be increase in the abdomen in the lower part.
Pathology and tumors
Uterine fibroids is a scary and dangerous diagnosis. It appears light swellings, then comes during menstruation severe pain, and then menstruation can cease. The development of fibroids in the uterus can pass slowly, but signs and symptoms you need to watch carefully. In all doubt, you should immediately consult a specialist.
Fighting and prevention
Every woman any day of the cycle wants to be beautiful and confident. Some simple rules will help the stomach not to swell in the middle and the end of the cycle. What to do to prevent the unpleasant symptoms?
- In the second half of the menstrual cycle to adjust the power mode. He needs to ease digestion, relieve the intestine. Better to prepare light meals, boiled or steamed. Remove from the fridge cucumbers and cabbage, beans. Do not eat wholemeal bread. Not drinking milk. To reduce the consumption of salt, smoked meat and coffee: they retain fluid at the cellular level. To exclude from the menu all alcohol and carbonated drinks.
- Start taking vitamin complexes with potassium, magnesium, vitamins of group B. These components strengthen the nervous and vascular system, establish a stable digestion.
- For the prevention of gassing helpful to take herbal teas with mint, chamomile, lemongrass and honey.
- To keep track of your water balance — drink 2 – 2.5 liters of water or herbal tea a day.
- Perform exercises to strengthen the abdominal muscles and back; Hiking or Jogging in the fresh air.
- Not to wear tight in the waist and abdomen clothes.
- Before bleeding, make soothing and relaxing bath (a few drops of oil of lavender or fennel).
- Sex also stimulate blood flow in the pelvis and just enhance the mood.
To understand why before menstruation inflates the stomach, and in some cases swells, you need to understand the physiology of the processes to study the characteristics of body response to surges of hormones and learn how to adjust their own state using all available methodologies and tools.