Why do you need tampons for women and what are
Life of the modern woman is busy and requires activity even in the critical days. Not always the usual strip capable to cope with it. So the question “why do we need tampons?” the answer is simple — they let during the month to stay alert and not to give up a beautiful, light clothing in the summer heat, workout in the pool or trip to the beach. Besides hygiene, there are swabs which facilitate the treatment or employees for contraception. Their use opens a lot of opportunities, but only if they are properly used and are not harmful to health.
What are tampons and when they need to use
Vaginal swabs are used in different cases and with different goals. The most common:
- Tampons for menstruation;
- Therapeutic vaginal swabs;
- Birth control.
Feminine hygienic tampons
Strip badly passes air and prevents the skin from needed ventilation. This leads to irritation, disruption of bacterial balance in the intimate area and discomfort. Tampons are the perfect replacement gaskets in such cases. They soak up allocation inside the body and prevent damage of clothes, unpleasant odor and diaper rash of the skin in the perineum. Tampons are made of sterile cotton fibers with rayon or molded wool.
Used when you want the effects of drugs directly on the walls of the vagina and its internal environment for a long time. Can be used to prevent the ingress of vaginal secretions in the urine.
Tampons for contraception
Contain benzalkonium chloride is used when oral contraceptives are not recommended. Work as barrier contraception. Contraceptive tampons reduce the activity of spermatozoa, prevent their penetration of the cervix and thereby prevent the occurrence of unwanted pregnancy.
Medicinal tampons a liquid does not hold. When menstruation they are not effective. Hygienic, on the contrary, will be to retain moisture inside. So it makes no sense to use them instead of medical.
How to choose the right tampon for your period?
All tampons are cylindrical in shape and is adapted to being inside the vagina. Absorb menstrual fluid, they swell and take its shape.
Using tampons is contraindicated:
- Not during menstruation;
- For the treatment of drug introduced into the vagina;
- After childbirth, surgeries, gynecological procedures;
- When inflammation of the pelvis or the vaginal mucosa.
Swabs should be chosen considering their effectiveness in absorption of menstrual fluid and save at the same humidity of the mucous membrane:
- At a minimum, scanty secretions suitable swab marked with a Light (Mini);
- The average abundance — Regular;
- With abundant Super;
- For particularly intense — Super Plus.
The price of all of these means about the same, but not to save and to use a tampon Super Plus instead of Regular. You need to change them every 3 — 4 hours, regardless of content, and more “powerful” a tampon can dry up the mucous.
You also need to determine how it may be easier to introduce the tampon into the body manually or with an applicator.
The applicator consists of a nested one within the other tubes, plastic or cardboard. In the outer tube side with landownership rounding is a tampon. The inner tube rests on it and when pressed on its free end pushes the tampon into the vagina.
Tampons with applicator are more hygienic, since it does not touch, neither with hands nor with other subjects. But they take up more space, and there is a risk of a failed entry to leave abrasions on the walls of the body.
Plus tampons without applicator in the fact that they are compact, and will definitely not injure the mucosa.
In each box of tampons is bound to have detailed instructions with illustrations. It is necessary to learn before you enter a tampon.
Tampons have an expiration date, usually 5 — 6 years. After that their absorbing qualities are reduced.
What else you need to know about tampons?
- Correct insertion of the tampon inside the body is not felt. If not, remove it and enter a new one. If the tampon leaks — he or incorrectly inserted, or already filled. Movement, even the most active, to the displacement of the tampon does not lead.
- The tampon does not prevent to send natural physiological need. Remove it whenever going to the toilet is not necessary. But if urination or defecation painful in themselves, necessary to give up tampons, in order not to aggravate the inflammatory process.
- Sex with a tampon during menstruation may injure a woman and her partner. We should not try to replace them with special tampon-contraceptive.
- Tampons are suitable for adults and teenagers. We should start with a Light (Mini) and then choose according to the situation — sometimes that first period give an abundant selection.
In any case you should not enter a swab during menstruation to “work out”. The vagina at this time poorly hydrated and the mucous can be damaged.
Toxic shock syndrome is rare, but very dangerous and could lead to death. This is due to the ingress of toxins into the blood during bacterial infection. Therefore, unacceptable stagnation of secretions within the tampon.
The symptoms resemble poisoning or the flu:
- Headache and decreased tone;
- Temperature rise;
- Nausea and diarrhea;
- Dizziness, fainting;
- Seizures and convulsions.
At the first signs of TSS from tampon body should be removed immediately and as quickly as possible to go to the doctor. And it is important to remember that safe to be inside the body of the tampon may be no more than 4 hours. At the end of that accumulated in the vagina of the allocation must be removed.
If it hurts to insert the tampon
It can be in such cases:
- If not taken into account the natural slope of the vagina towards the back. Then you should change the insertion direction of the tampon and find it a comfortable position;
- Muscle spasm can cause pain. This happens when removing the tampon. Then you need to take a sedative, antispasmodic and wait until the muscles relax;
- If the pain is caused by inflammation of the vaginal mucosa or accompany diseases of the internal organs, tampon use is in any case impossible.
That the tampon does not hurt
Can I use tampons often? Some women only use them, combine them with other pads for more confidence. But experts suggest, in order to avoid health problems, not to abuse this tool and without special need not to apply. Why do you need tampons, if in a quiet environment, you can use the strip and give the vaginal mucosa time to recover?
And the main thing — that the tampon has not brought problems, it is not necessary to enter it with painful sensations in the vagina and lower abdomen. To insert and remove it only with clean hands. Remember that after 3 — 4 hours it must be removed. Exception — special night pads, they are designed for 8 hours.