Women’s allocation of norm and deviation: treatment, causes
Discharge from the genital organs in girls and women is quite usual and natural phenomenon. Through these allocations, referred to as – whites, by cleansing the mucous membranes of the vagina of dead cells, various bacteria, mucus and menstrual blood. Whites are white, clear, dark, viscous, slimy, with an unpleasant odor, and frothy.
The amount of discharge depends on the hormonal changes in the body and health of women. At some point of time their number may be smaller, and in a big way. Normal selection should be practically absent. And any change in their quantity, colour, odour and consistency should be the reason for the mandatory doctor visit.
Norm and pathology
Characteristic of normal vaginal discharge:
- scant or moderate;
- without an extraneous smell;
- without impurities pus;
- without streaks of blood;
- not accompanied by unpleasant sensations.
Healthy women’s isolation intensified in ovulation (mid cycle secret becomes viscous, thick like egg white). In the second phase of the cycle, amount of flow is somewhat reduced again to increase before menstruation. There is an increased vaginal secretion during pregnancy.
- enhancing vaginal secretions for no apparent reason;
- change highlight colors in yellow, green, dirty grey, brown;
- the appearance of blood or pus (red, pink, cloudy, sukrovichnye allocation);
- change in consistency: the discharge becomes thick or too thin, watery;
- foam or white cheesy flakes;
- itching, burning, pulling pain in the abdomen;
- pain during intercourse or when urinating.
If you experience any of these symptoms you must seek medical attention. These signs occur in a variety of gynecological diseases.
Causes of beloeil
To provoke the appearance of whiter women have a huge number of factors. These provocateurs are:
- nervous strain;
- drinking excessive amounts of sweet or protein foods (meat);
- various gynecological diseases;
- dysbacteriosis of the intestine;
- General intoxication of the organism.
In very young children this problem may occur due to improper care. In particular, this contributes to the washing away of wrong. Healthy women leucorrhea are virtually absent.
To pathological secretions in adult women can cause the following factors:
- sedentary and sedentary lifestyle;
- douching with antiseptic solutions;
- prolapse of the vagina;
- gynecological diseases, cervicitis (inflammation of cervix), vaginitis, adnexitis;
- improper fusion of breaks in the genitals;
- common infectious diseases;
- bowel disease;
- the uncontrolled use of hormonal drugs;
- disregard for the rules of intimate hygiene.
Knowing why pathological vaginal discharge, it is possible to prevent their emergence and to avoid the development of complications.
Depending on the localization in the body of Beli divided into the following types:
- Vaginal. The emergence of such discharge leads exit the vagina blood cells from the capillaries which is caused by various mechanical, chemical or thermal factors. This can allow the hot cleaning solutions or medications with a high content of chemicals (douching), influence of bacteria, which cause irritation of the vaginal walls, as well as damage to skin cells due to external interference. Can be caused by trichomoniasis, candidiasis, gardnerellosis, the other pathogenic and conditionally-pathogenic flora.
- Cervical. Whites appear due to malfunction of the glands located in the cervix. Some gynecological diseases increase the production of secret. In these secretions is often present blood or pus, which directly depends on the type of infection. Such allocation can also indicate serious diseases, benign tumors or cancer of the cervix. Can be caused by mycoplasmosis, ureaplasmosis, chlamydia, gonorrhea.
- The fallopian. Arise due to the occurrence of formations in the uterus – fibroids, cancer. For ekoobrazovanie characteristic discharge that looks like cold dishwater. In other cases, the leucorrhea in women watery with a green tint (if endometritis).
- Pipe. Selection signal inflammatory processes in the fallopian tubes. The accumulated pus gradually moves into the uterus and then the vagina. Beli liquid, have a bright yellow or green, sometimes mixed with blood. Such selection may signal the development of cancer of the fallopian tube.
The emergence of physiological whiter in women is considered a normal variant. Selection are: transparent, yellow tint, white spotting, creamy and mucous membranes. Also allowed the presence in the secretions of a small amount of blood, the whiter color will be brownish (only during ovulation).
Vaginal discharge normal is not more than a teaspoon a day, odorless. Their volume can increase when approaching menstruation. Such allocation does not irritate the genital skin and do not cause unpleasant sensations in the lower abdomen.
Selection of girls teen can be more severe than in women of childbearing or middle age and during menopause. This is because hormones in adolescents has not yet stabilized. The change in the number of allocations in a big way can happen as a result of arousal during and after sexual intercourse in anticipation of menstruation.
A pathological deviation are not spotting that appear after the Navy if they do not have unpleasant smell, are allocated in small quantities and do not last more than 5 days.
Pathological consider foaming, watery or very thick, sticky discharge with a pungent unpleasant or nauseating odor. May have unusual color (greenish to brownish) and consistency as a rule, they are more liquid. The number of such selections is significantly more than usual. Sticky leukorrhea lead to irritation of the skin and genital mucosa, causing burning and itching. Salt leucorrhoea appear in the formation of alkaline environment in the vagina, which may indicate the presence of bacterial infection and inflammation.
What factors can contribute to the formation of precipitates in the intimate area? The appearance of pathological whiter can be caused by low immunity, both local and General, not personal hygiene, the prolonged use of antibiotics and hormonal imbalance. These factors lead to enhanced proliferation of opportunistic organisms, which in normal conditions, while in the vagina, not hurt, which ultimately leads to inflammatory process.
If you see any suspicious discharge, especially if they are combined with itching, dryness, pain during sexual intercourse, redness of the genitals, pain in the abdomen, pain and burning during urination and fever are cause for immediate treatment to the doctor. An unusual highlight on the background of delayed menstruation also deserve special attention.
How diseases affect the color selections
There are more than 100 of reasons that affect the color and character of discharge. For accurate diagnosis a gynecologist will not be sufficient only appearance of the secretions, require the confirmation of the diagnosis of laboratory diagnosis. With the big share of probability can smear to determine vaginal candidiasis. The disease is characterized by a rich cheesy white discharge. But in many cases join to thrush and other infections. Therefore, the true cause will help to determine: smear tests, bacterial analysis and research on STIs. Still, the color selections may specify a specialist in what direction to look for the root cause of illness.
- Transparent whites foaming may indicate chlamydia.
- White – can be a normal variant and a symptom of thrush. Should have a visit, if the discharge became stronger, curd, accompanied by a burning sensation and itching.
- Yellow – in most cases indicate trichomoniasis.
- Pink leukorrhea is normal during ovulation. If they are complemented by unpleasant sensations or pain in the abdomen – this may be a sign of cervical erosion.
- Brown discharge talking about the norm, if they appear after the end of menstruation or during sexual initiation (first intercourse virgins accompanied by the hymen rupture and bleeding). They are considered pathological in case of a failure cycle, as well as during pregnancy.
- Gray with fish odor is a sign of gardnerellosis (bacterial vaginosis).
- Green highlighting – indicate inflammatory process in the cervical canal or uterine cavity.
What to do and how to get rid of unpleasant discharge? First of all we should find the reason and to identify the causative agent in the infection. You can then choose the optimal scheme of treatment and to prevent relapse.
The woman should not worry if the total allocations do not exceed one teaspoon a day and not accompanied by other symptoms. What are the factors that can alert? If the discharge changes color, quantity, becomes thick, cheesy, frothy, acquire an unpleasant odor and is accompanied by fever, itching and burning, pain, you should visit a gynecologist.
Leucorrhoea with bad smell before menstruation or immediately after them, may indicate genital herpes, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma and chlamydia infection. If the discharge appears on the background of delayed menstruation, it may be a symptom of uterine or ectopic pregnancy.
The specialist will conduct the inspection in the chair. With the aid of gynaecological mirror the state of the vaginal walls and cervix, is determined by the presence of inflammation. To clarify the diagnosis is carried out colposcopy. Using this procedure, diagnosed or ruled out the presence of dysplasia or cervical erosion. In addition to the smear on flora and a bacterial culture test, the doctor may in addition send the swab to the study of STIs by PCR or ELISA. If in addition to the secretions a woman suffers from pain, disturbance of menstrual cycle, there is suspicion of inflammation of the appendages or of the uterus, prescribe a transvaginal ultrasound, which will help clarify the clinical picture.
Treatment of pathological whiter
Treatment whiter women depend on their causes. Applies to both medical and surgical method.
Drug treatment consists of taking pills, capsules, powders and injections. Local – douching the vagina with a special rubber bulb with a hole at the end, in the application of vaginal plugs or trays. Solutions for irrigation should be chosen with great care so as not to aggravate the situation.
Instead of candles you can use tampons impregnated with a therapeutic drug. Appearing in the vagina, the drug begins to be active.
The surgical technique used in cases where women have been diagnosed with a tumor (abnormal cells in the smear, etc.), there is a foreign body in the vagina or there are other indications.
If the cause of beloeil was thrush (Candida infection caused by yeast-like fungi), for the treatment used antifungals (e.g., clotrimazole, fluconazole) in the form of tablets and in the form of candles.
Sexual partner should also undergo treatment by a urologist (in the case if the cause of the abnormal secretions become STIs). The medicine man chooses a doctor based on the diagnosis billed.
Folk remedies for the treatment of beloeil
Greatly facilitate the patient’s condition is possible using traditional medicines:
- Cranberry juice: 30 ml of fresh juice drink for 2 – 4 weeks.
- A decoction of the flowers of immortelle. Drink three times a day one tablespoon, diluted in a glass of water. The duration of treatment is 4 weeks.
- An excellent prevention and treatment of excreta is rinse vulva with cool water.
- Sessile warm bath with a decoction of pine or spruce extract. To prepare a decoction of 100 gr. dry pine pour three liters of water and cook on low heat for thirty minutes. Strained decoction added to the bath. The optimum water temperature of 39 degrees.
In conclusion it can be concluded that any change in the nature of the discharge must immediately consult a doctor because these changes in women is a signal that the body has problems.
Self discharge to do not recommended. Only experienced and qualified specialist will determine the cause of the disease and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
To prevent the occurrence of pathological whiter important:
- Observe the rules of personal hygiene and wearing undergarments made of natural fabrics (cotton, bamboo linen) – such measures will prevent the violation of the microflora, which normally should be acidic. It is the environment will not allow bacteria to multiply.
- Instead of ordinary soap should be used special tools, which you can buy at the pharmacy. They are available in the form of mousses, gels, and liquid Soaps.
- To refuse casual sex. Be faithful to one partner.
- Timely cure all diseases of the genitals.
- Use only high-quality breathable pads for underwear or even abandon their use.
- Planning of conceiving a child a complete examination by a specialist. This will allow time to detect the infection and eliminate the occurrence of abnormal discharge during pregnancy and after childbirth.