Heart cough: signs, symptoms, and treatment what it is, how to distinguish from the normal
How to treat a heart cough?
The etiology of the cardiac cough is associated with disorders of the cardiological profile. In the early stages it is difficult to determine the underlying cause of cough acts as a similar symptomatology has bronchitis.
The patient does not involves serious abnormalities in the cardiovascular system, while as the disease continues to progress. Knowing the symptoms and treatment of cardiac cough can reduce the recovery period, to avoid adverse effects.
Cough in heart failure: definition and mechanism of development
What is a cardiac cough? Its origin correlate with cardio-pulmonary disorders. Reduction of local contractility of the left ventricle destabilizie pumping function of the fibrous body. The result is a venous stagnation in small and big circles of hemocirculation. Accumulating fluid in the lungs, irritating the receptor of the education of the bronchi, activating the cough reflex.
Could there be a cough associated with heart disease? Of course, after all, heart disease is preceded by the emergence of a jerky forced exhalations.
The main catalysts of the cough of cardiac origin include:
- CHD (coronary heart disease) and its clinical forms (myocardial infarction, arrhythmia, cardiac insufficiency, angina pectoris, myocardial infarction);
- violations of the valve apparatus;
- heart disease;
- aortic disease (aneurysm, syphilitic aorta, masorti).
Fact! Cough on the background of cardiac disorders is more characteristic of elderly people. In children pulmonary stasis develops due to heart disease.
Trigger cough capable of pathology of the endocrine system, addictions (alcohol, tobacco), use of ACE inhibitors, emotional, and mental shock, a severe form of anemia.
How to get rid of smoker’s cough can be found here.
Clinical form of manifestation
The mechanism of the forced exhalation is cleansing of the tracheobronchial tree of foreign elements, is unacceptable to the microflora of the respiratory tract. Therefore, a cough of cardiac origin in the initial stage is often associated with allergies or infectious lesions of the mucosa.
For cardiac disorders indicate the characteristics of the manifestation:
- palpitations and shortness of breath after heavy physical exertion or at rest;
- non-productive cough without mucus, the frequency and the intensity of which increases in horizontal position of the body;
- expectoration of blood clots;
- excessive reproduction of the secret of the sweat glands;
- decreased performance, fatigue;
- swelling of bones of the leg and foot;
- the expansion of the surface veins, active pulsation;
- vasovagal fainting or loss of consciousness;
- the pain in the heart area.
For reference! Due to the high content in the blood of recovered hemoglobin possible bluish discoloration of the skin on the tip of the nose, earlobes, upper and lower extremities, areas of nasolabial triangle.
The symptoms of a heart cough in children are identical to adults. The severity and number of deviations depends on the pathologies of the cardiac profile, the degree and forms of progression.By the nature of the symptoms of cough can act to differentiate the cause of its development.
Without the dry irritating mucus occurs in early stages of the disease due to accumulation of fluid in the pulmonary circulation. The patient cannot sleep because of the lack of oxygen, he is concerned about pain in projection of the chest, heart palpitations.
During exacerbation of the pathology, there is a risk of developing brown lung seal. Hemoglobinopathy pigment, resulting in diffuse corrupting the connective stroma of the organs of aerial respiration, the sputum color in red shade.
The cough that occurs in a horizontal position, indicates chronic heart failure. Most troubling at night, after the expectoration the patient’s condition is normalized. Paroxysmal cough is manifested mitral valve stenosis. Because of the growth pressure disrupted the integrity of the pulmonary veins, which explains the cause of hemoptysis.
The clinical picture is completed by a high body temperature, sweating, reduced quality of breath, weakness and malaise.
Cough when an arrhythmia occurs in the background of hypertrophy of the right ventricle, accompanied by the release of blood clots in the composition of sputum uprated shocks.
How to distinguish a heart from an ordinary cough?
Initially to recognize a heart cough is possible in the absence of pathological departments. When infection of the upper respiratory tract pathogens increases the amount produced of a secret at the time, as to defeat the structures of the cardiovascular system are characterized by a dry cough. Sputum with blood clots formed on the background of pronounced stagnation.
Nuance! When a symptom is triggered by taking drugs to lower blood pressure enough to limit their use.
To differentiate cough in heart failure, conduct a number of diagnostic procedures: radiography, tomography, ECG, ultrasound of the heart. The obtained data allow us to accurately denote the condition of the myocardium, to determine congestion.
Only after a thorough examination, determining the cardiac disease profile, a doctor chooses a way to treat a heart cough.
With the aim of strengthening the heart muscle, normalize blood pressure in the pulmonary circle prescribed a comprehensive scheme of restoration of drugs of different pharmaceutical types:
- Vasodilators («Atacand», «Losartan»). Expand the blood vessels provide blood flow to organs and tissues, lower blood pressure.
- Antitussive with anesthetic effect («Pour», «Codelac», «Libeksin»). Have a direct effect on receptor endings, inhibit the cough reflex without affecting the respiratory center in the medulla oblongata segment. Mucolytics («Mukomist», «Fluimucil», «Mukaltin»), modify the fluidity of sputum, and normalize its biochemical composition without increasing production quotas. Mucokinetic («Bromhexine», «Ambroxol,» «Helical», «Flamed») improve evacuation pathological secretion, preventing it from sticking to the bronchial walls.
- Diuretics («Indep», «Furosemide», «Verospiron»). Increase the rate of urine formation by reducing the concentration of fluids in tissues and organs. Reduce congestion, reduce the load on the heart muscle.
- Antiplatelet («Xarelto», «Aspecard», «Clopidogrel»). Profilaktirujut blood clots, reduce the risk of developing myocardial infarction, alter the concentration of prostaglandins thromboxane and prostacyclin. Are active anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic.
Important! When hemoptysis prescribed R-graph and bacteriological culture of sputum to contain the bleeding while the patient is in the inpatient setting under medical supervision.
To achieve high therapeutic results, it is necessary to accept pills of a heart cough only after consultation with the doctor. Each clinical case requires an individual approach, calculation of dosage and duration of application.
A cough of cardiac origin are well treatable by natural means. To reduce the risk of side effects in the cardiovascular system find the method you need together with your doctor.
As an example, we present several recipes for the treatment of heart cough traditional methods:
- Herbal. Combine the dry ingredients in equal amounts in 50 g herb motherwort, lemon balm, goose’s feet. The mixture pour 250 ml of boiling water, insist 30 minutes. Strained solution and drink small portions during the day. To use until the complete disappearance of cardiac cough.
- The infusion of dill seeds. Processed seeds of fennel weighing 200 g mixed with 2 tbsp of grated Valerian root and 0.5 kg of honey. The resulting mixture pour a glass of boiling water, leave for at least 3 days. Taken orally before each meal for 30-40 minutes 10-15 ml. (tablespoonful) for 2-3 months.
- Honey-lemon mixture with garlic. 10 pieces of citrus, previously scalded with boiling water, squeeze the juice. To it stir in 10 large heads of garlic, finely chopped and 1 kg of honey. Elixir leave in a cool place (in the refrigerator) for 7-10 days. Take half an hour before meals 4 times a day for a teaspoon. The duration of treatment 3-4 months is measured.
For reference! Effective for heart cough will pathcomponents herbal bubble fucus, knotweed, thyme, horsetail, nettle (50 g of each dry raw material). Components to combine, pour 3 cups of boiling water for a quarter of an hour, drain. Make in the form of heat in 3 hours.
The key to active recovery is the systematic nature of the treatment, and the implementation of the following recommendations:
- To respect the day, to ensure a full night’s sleep (about 8 hours).
- To run in the morning complex of gymnastic exercises to warm up the joints, muscular system.
- More walk in the fresh air.
- Change daily diet to exclude salt, caffeine, fatty and spicy dishes, smoked products, pickles.
- Limit daily intake of water.
- To give up alcoholic drinks, cigarettes.
- To remain calm in stressful situations.
Healthy lifestyle in combination with treatments to stop the progression of the disease, will accelerate the process of regression that will help to normalize the General condition of the patient and strengthen the immune system.
A cough of cardiac origin is a symptom that signals the defeat of the cardiovascular system. Therefore, therapy aimed at relief of pathology, which served as a catalyst for this symptom.
Effective treatment begins with a survey in a medical institution, diagnosis, determining methods of recovery. It is based on the acceptance of pharmaceutical products, which enhance the therapeutic action of complement national funds.