Honey for cough for children and adults: does it help treatment, garlic honey
How to treat cough with honey?
Honey is not only pleasant taste, but also has high therapeutic properties, which is especially popular in alternative medicine.
A recipe for cough with honey – an indispensable tool in the treatment of colds, the effectiveness of which is tested and proven more than one generation. The unique abilities of biological components it provides palliative care, neutralize trigger unwanted symptoms.
Does honey for cough
The chemical composition of the bee product with a wide variety of useful components, which comprises 60 items. The main component is glucose (grape sugar) and fructose (fruit sugar). 100 g of honey give the body 77.2% carbohydrates, 3.3% protein.
Medicinal properties sweet substances increase the auxiliary ingredients:
- organic acids (grape, oxalic, lactic, citric, malic);
- vitamin complex of group b, C, E, PP, K;
- minerals (calcium, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, chlorine);
- trace elements (zinc, copper, manganese, chromium, tin, aluminum);
- Pantothenic and folic acid;
- enzymes and inhibitors, accelerating the metabolism.
The composition of honey may vary since it depends on climatic conditions, plant species are pollinated by bees, a way of extracting product from the cells.
Natural treat has a comprehensive positive effect on the body, if you know how to use it. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory abilities, activates the immune defense and accelerates the process of tissue regeneration, normalizes the digestive system.
For reference! For a pleasant sweet taste meets fructose and glucose, which are easily digested and not deposited in the subcutaneous fat. The optimal daily allowance for an adult is 100-150 g., the child without harm to the organism is 1-2 tsp per day.
In the early stages of the disease natural honey helps to quickly stop the cough, reduce the frequency and severity of bronchospasm. Other benefits of honey for cough for children and adults:
- Has a soothing action that coats the irritated mucous membrane of the larynx, which eliminates unpleasant sensations in the throat.
- Has an antioxidant effect, maintains functional properties of the plasma membrane, reduces toxicometric indicator.
- Minerals and vitamins have immunomodulatory effect, increase the body’s resistance to viruses and bacteria.
- Change the chemical properties of mucus, reduces its adhesiveness, facilitates evacuation of mucus from the tracheobronchial tree.
- Shows bacteriostatic efficacy against a broad spectrum of pathogens.
- Acts directly on inflammation, eliminating signs of hyperemia of the mucosa of the larynx.
- Activates the synthesis of compounds that inhibit receptors in the cough center.
With the onset of cold weather, the honey serves as an effective preventive remedy for colds. It is used as a standalone product or added to decoctions, infusions. Useful stuff valuable warming properties, so is widely used for rubbing the back, chest, or put a compress.
Healthy and tasty recipe to treat cough banana, you can find here.
How to avoid mistakes in choosing the honey?
Not all honey are created equal. For therapeutic purposes, using only a natural product, because after processing changes the molecular structure. The honey that is sold in stores, gives natural taste and medicinal characteristics. It is not only effective, but also dangerous to health.
Honey helps a cough? For the treatment of colds choose the highest grade, collected in the environmental area. The best product is one that contains a minimum percentage of humidity. It is produced by natural expiration under the weight of its own gravity. Most valued flower honey: lime, mustard, sunflower, buckwheat, acacia.
Note the appearance of the product. Fresh collection has a sticky texture, color depend on pollinated plants. A significant benefit to the organism represent dark Beers (Dyagilevo, sweet clover, buckwheat). Winter honey kristallizuetsya. This is a natural reaction, which indicates the naturalness of the Goodies.
Tip! Buy sweet amber better trusted beekeepers. Some unscrupulous beekeepers to increase sales put it next to the hive sugar that the bees do not bother in search of nectar.
There is a wide list of ways on how to treat honey cough. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Despite the benefits of bee products, there are a number of limitations that need to be taken into account at the beginning of therapy.
Be wary appointed with the following:
- diabetes mellitus;
- diseases of the pancreas;
- the inflammatory process in the liver;
- hypersensitivity to ingredients.
At elevated body temperature honey rubbing contraindicated because natural medicine has warming properties that will only aggravate the patient’s condition.
Nuance! Because of the strong allergenicity of the product introduces to children with a sweet treat in the second year of life.
At the first sign of Allergy (redness and rashes on the skin, watery eyes, the deterioration in the quality of breathing), you must limit the intake of the substance, to observe the condition.
One of the most popular recipes against cough is honey mixture with garlic. Vegetable oils and volatile part of plants, makes it indispensable in the fight against viruses and bacteria. In addition, garlic has restorative and tonic effect. Also using honey and onions, it is possible to eliminate a runny nose.
To get the maximum benefit from treatment by natural means, you must follow the recommendations for preparation of drugs:
- Clean one head of garlic, rinsed with running water. Grind using a grater, food processor or just finely chop.
- To prepare honey in equal proportions received the garlic pulp. If the product of beekeeping, candied, bring to a viscous consistency in a water bath.
- To mix the ingredients. Drink 1 teaspoon after meals every 2-3 hours. The kids have had enough on day 3 tsp.
Store the mixture in the fridge during the day. Therefore it is better to cook a small portion of the medications required for one day.
For reference! Garlic is not recommended for pregnant women, and patients who are on a diet, because the product stimulates the appetite.
To enhance the taste and therapeutic properties in honey garlic sauce, you can add 3-4 tbsp of fresh lemon juice. The mixture is brought to readiness in a water bath for a quarter of an hour. Make warm a tablespoon the whole day until recovery. Honey combined with aloe.
Can the honey for coughs? Yes, but only as adjuvant therapy. It has a beneficial effect on the body, suppresses the cough attacks, liquefies and removes mucus, which speeds up the healing process, normalizes the patient’s condition.