How and what at home to properly wash the nose: devices and technique
How to do a nasal wash at home?
Combating rhinitis by nasal lavage effective, painless and useful. In infectious rhinitis in the acute form of any action aimed at the disinfection of the mucosa of the sinuses, and help the body fight infection struck her. Correct flushing of the nose it eliminates puffiness, reduces the amount of discharge.
The mucous surface of the sinus consists of fibers, providing normal drainage of respiratory passages. The penetration into it of pathogenic microorganisms stimulates them to work harder, which justifies the increased formation and rejection of mucus. To help the body to defeat the attacking virus by lavage of the sinuses.
Indications for the procedure
A direct indication for the procedure, irrigation of the sinuses is infectious rhinitis. Timely destruction of viral infection will not allow launch of inflammation – sinusitis. A delayed reaction may cause the diagnosis of sinusitis or sinusitis. There are many cases when the spread of the virus has led to the emergence of symptoms of otitis, laryngitis.
Indications for lavage of the nasal passages:
- edema of the mucosa, perceived as stuffy sinuses;
- a watery discharge.
Knowing how to do a nasal wash at home, you can remove plaque from the surface of the sinuses, and mucus is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria.
The procedure is useful as a therapeutic and prophylactic purposes. However, local application of medicines after washing becomes much more effective.
Qualified otolaryngologists is recommended to clear the nasal passages as regularly as the oral cavity.
Than wash out a nose at home
Rinsing of the nose should be carried out with a solution, wherein the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory action. It is possible to prepare independently or to buy a special product at the pharmacy.
It is worth noting that the main results of the washing of the nose using an effective solution:
- the destruction of harmful microbes;
- reducing the volume of discharge;
- hydration of the mucous;
- a relieved breath.
Lavage of the respiratory passages, useful and safe conduct for pregnant women and even small children.
In drugstores it is possible to meet a special device for nasal lavage and solutions. Having different names, these drugs differ little in their composition. The main component is 0.9 percent saline solution.
There are drugs, the main component of which is a solution of sea or calcined salt. The cheapest of the pharmacy means for flushing of the nose is considered pure saline. More expensive drugs are distinguished by the presence in the composition of herbal extracts and complexes of trace elements. The advantage of these funds is their absolute sterility.
Popular medications nasal rinsing are:
- Aqua Maris;
- Other types of pain;
Important! Chlorhexidine for flushing the nasal passages is not diluted, so the best option is to buy a ready-0.05% solution.
To prepare the tool for nasal lavage at home, based on drugs:
Drugs have antimicrobial effects, help to fight a lingering cold. Regular washing will make breathing easier and speed up the healing process. By rinsing you can prevent rhinitis from acute stage to chronic.
To make solution for nasal lavage can be at home using traditional recipes. A similar tool is based on non-carbonated mineral or boiled water and also with the use of herbs.
The simplest but effective solution — salt: 1 tbsp. of salt dissolved in 1 l of water. You can use it as table salt, adding a few drops of iodine and the sea.
The latter should definitely be purchased at the pharmacy and check that the composition did not have any additional components.
After preparing the solution, strain it to undissolved crystals did not get into the sinus in the process of washing.
Equally valid means for flushing of the nose are also considered:
- Soda solution cleans the mucous. For its preparation you want to mix 0.5 tsp. of baking soda 200 ml of water.
- An infusion of marigold. To enhance the effect of the procedure, add a drop of onion or garlic juice, iodine or eucalyptus oil.
- Decoctions of chamomile, sage, St. John’s wort, calendula, plantain, succession have anti-inflammatory and bactericidal action.
- Propolis tincture. Effective solution for nasal lavage is prepared on the basis of alcohol 10% tincture of propolis. In a glass of warm water is required to dissolve 0,2 tsp. salt, after adding the above component.
The alternation of the various solutions for washing produce comprehensive therapeutic effect.
How to wash at home?
Before carrying out this procedure it is desirable to blow my nose. If the nose is severely clogged, then 10-15 minutes before washing it should be drip vasoconstrictor drops available. Otherwise from washing out sinuses nothing will.
After washing you need to blow your nose and moisten the mucous membranes. You can use sea buckthorn oil or a specially purchased pharmacy ointment. You should not go out during the first hours to keep the positive effect.
In order not to harm your body, take precautions:
- Used fluid must be sterile. For preparation of a solution acceptable to use only boiled, filtered or distilled water.
- Tools and utensils need to be sterilized. To carry out the procedure should, after washing hands and prosterilizovat with boiling water or soap solution the auxiliary equipment.
- Temperature of solution used should be acceptable, otherwise you can provoke a burn of the mucous or hypothermia. It is not recommended to heat the liquid to a temperature above 37 0C.
- Excluded the addition of a solution of corrosive oils, and fragrances.
Too concentrated solutions irritate the mucosa, and nose felt a burning sensation, so they must be diluted with water.
Nasal lavage syringe
Consider the technique of nasal lavage involves the use of a syringe with a volume of 10 or 20 cubes. The needle is required to remove.
For convenience on the tip fits over flexible head, or a piece of tube from a dropper.
The procedure is performed according to the following scheme:
- To dial into the syringe, the prepared solution.
- Tilt your head over the bath so that the liquid can freely flow out through the free half of the nose and mouth. The head should be tipped slightly to the side wash of the sinus.
- Pour the solution into the nostril treated with moderate pressure.
- Processing the second nostril and sinus.
Important! So the liquid does not drain into the nasopharynx should be in the process of washing the «pull» sound «and».
How to rinse the nose with a syringe?
Rinse sinuses can also use a Turkey Baster. Purchase the tool at your local pharmacy. Depending on the type and size of a pear price category may vary.
Rinsing the nose of the syringe is similar to the procedure using a syringe:
- To dial in the medical bag of the prepared solution.
- Lean over the bath as described in the previous instructions.
- To enter a tip of a medical pear in one nostril.
- With moderate pressure to the saline.
- Rinse the other half of the nose.
Kettle for washing
In India use a special kettle «Jala-Neti» for the regular washing of the upper respiratory tract. Instead, in the pharmacy you can buy vessel lake. It allows you to wash the nose «without pressure», as is done in the above-described techniques.
Method of cleansing the nasal passages with a kettle ideal for children, whose sinuses are in the formative stages.
The technique of nasal lavage with the aid of the kettle is:
- To prepare the solution and pour it into the teapot.
- Tilt your head over the bath as described above.
- Pour the solution into the «upper» nostril.
- To vismarkt remaining mucus.
- Rinse the other nostril.
Read also what to do if rinsing sinuses has led to congestion of the ear and ear pain.
How often to perform nasal rinses?
Hygiene of the nasal passages is no less important than the daily treatment of the oral cavity. Preventive flushing of the nose is advantageously carried out several times a week, ucasa their number of offensive seasons of increased activity of viral infections.
Upon the occurrence of rhinitis in the acute form procedure is useful to repeat more than 3 times a day. For one nasal irrigation, it is sufficient to use up to 250 ml. After recovery it is important to maintain this trend throughout the week, to protect mucous membranes from re-infection.
When rinse is contraindicated and ineffective?
Absolute nasal obstruction is an indication for the lavage, but with prior use of vasoconstrictive drops. Otherwise, the fluid with the infection gets into the middle ear.
The procedure is contraindicated in the presence of the following pathologies:
- diseases of the nose, provoking frequent bleeding;
- tumors in the nasal cavity;
- otitis media and predisposition to it;
Choosing how and what to wash the nose, right to first ensure that the patient has no allergies to any component of solution used.
Inefficient to carry out this procedure in the presence of total obstruction of the nasal passages. For example, if the deviated septum fixed surgically.
Otolaryngologists claim that nasal lavage must be performed no less frequently than brushing your teeth. Through the breath the body gets a variety of pathogens capable of causing more severe disease than SARS.
Given the increasing number of viral mutations and the deterioration of environmental conditions, infectious threats becoming more and more. Regular and properly performed nasal lavage at home – the key to a strong immune system.