How dangerous is a yeast infection for women?
Thrush is most common in women. What are the implications of thrush as it affects the health of women? If it affects pregnant, as it may influence the disease on the health of the expectant mother and baby? How dangerous is a yeast infection, can it cause complications and how to treat the disease? We’ll cover that in this article.
Thrush, characteristics of the disease, causes and symptoms of the disease
On the mucous membranes of the human organs there are a number of different fungi and bacteria. However, under certain adverse circumstances, bacteria and fungi start to proliferate. Thrush, caused by the fungus Candida, is progressing. Contribute to the development of candidiasis in women are the following factors:
- The constant use of drugs and the frequent use of antibiotics. They significantly reduce the body’s defenses and this is a «green light» for pathology.
- Violation of hormone levels (pregnancy, menopause, hormonal drugs, etc.).
- Some inflammatory processes and diseases.
- Violation of rules of personal hygiene.
- An improper diet.
The main features that distinguish a yeast infection from other gynecological disease in women are:
- abundant white discharge resembling curd mass, which are often visible on underwear;
- severe itching in the genital area;
- unpleasant sour smell.
The disease will need to treat, because the consequences of thrush in women are not the most pleasant.
How dangerous is a yeast infection
Those women diagnosed with «vaginal candidiasis», wonder if a yeast infection and what you need to do in order to get rid of the signs of the disease. Despite the fact that this pathology does not seem so heavy, the consequences of a yeast infection are the most serious. Even in cases where the disease is hidden, it can pose a serious risk to the health of women. Symptoms such as delayed menstruation, breaking it, too abundant or meager allocation during menstruation can indicate a yeast infection.
The most common effects of yeast infection:
- the transition of the disease into the chronic form;
- significant reduction of protective forces of the immune system;
- the progression of the fungus infecting them urinary tract and kidneys;
- the development of inflammatory processes in female genitals;
- cervical erosion;
- infertility (treat it very difficult).
To avoid serious complications, thrush needs to be treated at the initial stage of its manifestation.
Effects of candidiasis in pregnant women
In the period of carrying a child, many women affected by the disease. Disease can occur due to low immunity, hormonal changes, etc. Definitely a yeast infection during pregnancy adversely affects the health of mom and baby.
- Candidiasis during pregnancy leads to disruption of the tissue structure of the vagina, which in turn can cause tearing of tissue during childbirth.
- Thrush is very dangerous for the unborn child. Passing through the birth canal, the fungus can get on the mucous membrane of the mouth, eyes and skin of a baby.
- The development of the disease in expectant mothers leads to the fact that the child may be infected before birth.
- In rare cases, there may be a miscarriage.
How to treat thrush?
To avoid complications, you need time to treat the disease and to comply with all recommendations of the specialist. Treatment of candidiasis in women, involves antifungal and antibacterial agents. In milder forms of the disease are most commonly used preparations of local action. These are various creams, ointments, gels, etc. In other cases, when the influence of thrush disappointing impact on the health of girls, apply complex treatment, prescribers overall impact.
You must follow a proper diet. It is desirable to eliminate from the diet of spicy, sour and salty foods, do not drink alcoholic beverages, sweet dishes. You should eat more fruit and vegetables — this will help to cope with illness. To include in the diet dairy products that help restore intestinal flora.
Answering the question of whether the dangerous thrush, we can say that the effects of candidiasis in women not the most pleasant, however, should not be afraid. The only thing is to follow all the doctor’s appointments and to monitor their health.