How drip nose drops to infants (newborn) right
How to drip into the nose of the baby drops?
Newborns, due to the not fully formed immune, most vulnerable to various viruses and easily catch a cold or SARS. Young parents are often lost in such cases and do not know how to clean and properly to drip the nose of the baby.
How to clear the nasal passages
In the first months of life babies can’t breathe through the mouth, runny nose and causes severe discomfort, the child becomes capricious and bad eating. To avoid this, it is necessary to clean the nasal passages of the baby from accumulated mucus.
It’s also important to do before the drip nose drops to infants, in order to better effect.
Cleaning the nose don’t like a lot of kids, but that is no reason to postpone the procedure for later.
In order to pass as quickly as possible, you need to prepare in advance all necessary.
To clean the nose you will need:
- Sterile cotton wool. You can also use cotton pads.
- Saline. It can be bought in any pharmacy or make your own. Instead, you can buy Akvamaris or other means to clean the nose, is approved for use in newborns.
- Vaseline oil.
- Rubber bulb or aspirator for the nose.
Before conducting the procedure, you need soap to wash my hands to get into the nasal passages of the baby the infection.
It is best if you will have someone to help, because the baby’s head should be fixed to not spit, you do not accidentally hurt the nasal passage.
Important! Carry out the procedure prohibited for nosebleed.
You need to drip the nose of the newborn with saline using a pipette 1-2 drops in each nostril. It will help to soften the dried crust and will help when brushing thick nozzles.
Of wool, made a small flagella, they are used if the baby’s nose has strong and need to remove the dried snot out of the nasal passage. To mitigate the flagellum can be dipped in mineral oil. It is not necessary to use a large amount of oil, because baby when you inhale it can get some oil into the lungs and cause complications.
If the child has a pronounced runny, then use the extractor, it removes the accumulated mucus.
How to drip the nose
Babies nose buried in a prone position. If the child is very active or very fussy, half-sitting place on the knees and slightly tip the head back.
In the pipette according to the instructions, gather the necessary number of drops. To get the left nostril, the baby’s head need to tilt right and Vice versa.
After dripped, you need a little to hold the baby in the supine position, in order to make the droplets evenly drained by the nasal ways.
Than drip nose
Drops be prescribed by a specialist, because the different drops are assigned for different types of rhinitis.
For instillation of the nose of the child use:
- Various solutions for washing. As a rule, they are based on sea salt. At the pharmacy you can buy sea water, saline, Akvamaris, and other tools.
- Drops antibiotic. They are appointed if the runny nose is not a long time, the mucus is thick yellow-green in color.
- Vasoconstrictor drops. Very effectively fight with a cold, but cannot be accepted more than 4 days because of possible addiction.
- The hormone drops are usually used in allergic rhinitis.
- Immunomodulatory drops are used for the prevention of influenza and SARS.
Note that many of the tools according to the instructions must be stored in the refrigerator, but take them out in the cold prohibited. To heat the whole bottle in this case is not necessary. The necessary amount of content is poured into a heated spoon or heated in a water bath.
After instillation to achieve greater effect, is to massage the nose wings.
Important! Drops in the form of sprays are prohibited to use in infants because of the risk of otitis media and other complications.
These procedures have a number of features:
- In order to reduce the stress of the baby, it should distract rattles, songs or what he likes.
- Drops should be at room temperature. Moreover, they should measure metered dropper so you don’t accidentally drip a larger number of drops and not cause overdose.
- The procedure should be carried out regularly, because the kid isn’t able to blow my nose and the mucus runs down the throat. It can cause infection and disease development.
- Because the pipette is introduced into the nostril, any drops must be applied individually and cannot be taken to other people.
- In order to remedy is not poured out after instillation of the nostrils should be pressed to the nasal septum for a couple of seconds.
What not to do:
- You can’t replace a cotton flagella cotton swabs, because the latter can cause injury to the mucosa of the nose and push the dried mucus deeper in the nasal passage.
- In no case can not bury the nose of the sleeping child.
Thus, the procedure is the instillation of the nose of the child is not as complex as it seems at first glance. If you are afraid to do something wrong and hurt your baby, you can always seek help from a qualified specialist.
Timely accurately chosen treatment will help avoid complications.