How to cure a lingering cold at the child the reasons for a long cold
How to cure the child has a lingering cold?
A long nose in a child usually occurs with acute symptoms. Moreover, they can appear suddenly, which negatively affect the health of the child. Together with the lack of nasal breathing, there is nasal congestion, fever, chills, pain in head and temples, increased body temperature. The deterioration of the health of the child affects sleep, disturbed appetite, there is a moodiness and constant crying. Long cold hurts the baby and is highly exhausting his body, so it is important to start treatment as soon as possible.
Long-lasting rhinitis can be repeated in the course of the year several times, as the natural immunity of the baby is not fully formed. For this reason, it is important to know how and what to treat protracted colds in children. Any treatment of the upper respiratory tract begins with the establishment cause. Therefore, in addition to course of treatment it is necessary to identify the factors that led to the emergence of disease.
Causes of prolonged runny nose in a child
Lingering runny nose in a baby can cause a lot of unpleasant symptoms. The treatment of this disease begins with the establishment of the root cause. Basically the reason lies in the penetration into the body of viruses and germs from the respiratory group.
Penetrating into the body, rhinoviruses, adenoviruses, respiratory syncytial viruses in a matter of days provoke the development of a strong inflammatory process.
In some cases, rhinitis may take up to ten days.
Medicines are assigned only after determining the type of virus and establishment of all precipitating factors, since in some cases, the same cold can torment a little patient with infectious inflammation or allergic reactions.
To understand the nature of inflammation can only in consultation with your doctor.
With the development of the disease and the lack of adequate treatment, the patient noted a strong content of after mucous nasal cavity. The toddler feels serious discomfort.
Keep in mind that a protracted rhinitis lasts an average of seven to ten days. If the inflammation takes longer, then treatment should be directed on the urgent deliverance of the body from viruses. Otherwise, a possible transition of the disease into the chronic stage.
Prolonged runny nose in a baby can be not typical of rhinitis and inflammation of the chronic form. This reason is considered to be the most common and requires a specific treatment.
Most often, chronic rhinitis occurs because of an incorrect treatment of rhinitis or long-term use of drugs that were incorrectly matched.
The prolonged cold can occur due to various processes inside the body when chronic inflammation becomes only part of the overall illness.
A consequence of common cold
Another reason for long-term rhinitis can be consequences after a catarrhal rhinitis. At this time the kid complains of profuse mucous discharge from the nose, and nasal congestion.
Usually this kind of ailment occurs in the winter when the immune system of a baby is especially weakened.
Germs and viruses
Another reason symptoms of the common cold viruses and bacteria. Penetrating into the body, they provoke the formation of a long cold.
Together with rhinitis, the baby nasal congestion, increased body temperature, chills, fever and other symptoms.
To determine the characteristics can be yourself, but to diagnose the type of inflammation is possible only on reception at the ENT doctor.
Bacterial rhinitis requires urgent treatment, so do not delay visit to the doctor. When the diagnosis of the baby will probably define several forms of inflammation, which was the result of breeding a staph infection.
These reasons are the main factors creating long-term rhinitis. But, besides these, we can highlight several reasons:
- a weakened immune system;
- private respiratory inflammation;
- goes untreated colds runny nose;
- the lack of adequate treatment of rhinitis;
- frequent overcooling;
- inflammation in the upper respiratory tract;
- congenital or acquired curvature of the nasal septum;
- anatomical features in the structure of the body;
- the increase of mucosal tissue;
- different allergic reactions to dust, dirt, Pets, flowering, food;
- the presence of pathologic processes.
Usually these signs are accompanied by the following symptoms, the detection of which should urgently contact a doctor:
- ongoing mucus;
- the lack of nasal breathing at any time of the day;
- dysfunction of sense of smell;
- the formation of thick secretions;
- change highlight colors for black or brown;
- the feeling of itching and burning;
- constant feeling of fatigue;
- sleep disturbance and loss of appetite.
Find any listed symptom of your child, you need to take measures of assistance. But the treatment traditional methods or the use of any medicine without prior reference to the doctor is unacceptable. Thus, you can provoke the development of the pathological process and worsen the health of the child.
Prolonged treatment of the common cold
Treatment of persistent rhinitis begins with establishing the causes and clinical picture of the inflammation.
If the disease occurs with swelling of the mucosa, changes in body temperature, thick and dark secretions from the nasal cavity and purulent masses, you need urgent medical treatment.
If the inflammation is ignored, the formation of chronic form of inflammation, sinusitis, adenoiditis or sinusitis.
Sometimes the inflammation is accompanied by mucous and transparent secretions that tells about allergic rhinitis.
To establish the correct diagnosis can only physician, so do not begin treatment without a confirmed diagnosis.
Prolonged treatment of rhinitis begins with maintaining certain living conditions. These include:
- The establishment of the necessary humidity in the living room.
- Maintain air temperature above 20 degrees Celsius.
- Eliminating contact with any aggravating features. These include dust, Pets, household chemicals, cosmetics, cigarette smoke.
- Need regular airing of the room.
- The deliverance of the room items from dust buildup. These include heavy curtains, carpet and large soft toys.
- Maintaining proper nutrition.
In addition, you must twice a day, wet cleaning and to monitor the overall health of the patient.
To get rid of lingering cold you need to undergo medical treatment:
- Every day is important to rinse the nasal passages specialized solutions — Aqua Maris, Physiomer.
- Therapy, local antiseptics and antibacterial nasal drops in protracted cold Bioparox, Polideksa, Izofra.
- The conduct of inhalation.
- Receiving mucolytics — Fluimucil, Fluimucil Antibiotic it.
- Treatment is impossible without the use of vasoconstrictive drops in the nasal passages. Better to just bury Xylometazoline and Phenylephrine.
If the inflammation is acute the symptoms, the doctor may prescribe antibiotic therapy. In the course of treatment in this case will consist of drugs such as Amoxicillin, Clarithromycin.
A comprehensive treatment is impossible without taking anti-inflammatory medicines — Tantum Verde, Sinupret, Drops, Hydrocortisone.
The final step will be physical therapy.
To get rid of nasal congestion rhinitis and long-term is impossible without a comprehensive survey. So don’t risk their health, and trust the doctors.