How to cure yeast infection: therapy and folk remedies
Candidiasis or thrush is a fairly common fungal infection. Its causative agent is always present in every body, in this case a long time does not manifest itself. The weakened body under the influence of various factors are not able to suppress active replication of the fungus, and the person begins to experience the unpleasant symptoms of this disease. Faced with this problem, it is important to know how to cure yeast infection in the shortest possible time, to avoid possible complications.
Candidiasis can affect multiple organs, therefore, manifests itself in different forms. Most often the disease affects the genitals, the mucous membrane of the cervix and vagina.
The symptoms of vaginal candidiasis include:
- selection of cheesy character;
- the appearance of plaque on genitals white;
- itching in the genital area;
- painful urination and discomfort during sexual intercourse;
- visible swelling of the genital organs.
With the defeat of candidiasis of the pharynx and oral cavity the tongue is covered with white bloom. Most often this disease is common among babies who get infection from the mother during passage through the birth canal. The most severe form of thrush is visceral candidiasis where the fungus invades the internal organs. This manifestation of infection is difficult to treat.
Symptoms of candidiasis in the absence of specific discharge can be easily mistaken for inflammation of the urinary system, so women often turn to the gynecologist with advanced disease.
Causes of candidiasis infection
The main reason for development of yeast infection — weakening of the protective functions of the body. Factors that can provoke a decrease in immunity are:
- Antibiotic therapy, in violation of the state of the microflora.
- The presence of severe disease. For example, Oncology, tuberculosis, AIDS, diabetes, and other pathologies of the endocrine system.
- Stressful situations and depression.
- Hormonal disorders severe.
- An unbalanced diet or no diet. The diet includes a lot of sweets and is characterized by deficiency of vitamins.
- The use of tight underwear from poor quality material that does not absorb moisture contribute to the formation of ideal conditions for breeding fungus.
- Joining in sexual intercourse with a partner infected with candidiasis, without the use of external contraception.
All these factors accelerate the development of a dangerous fungal infection.
The treatment of the disease
The treatment of thrush is complex effects on the causes of its development. To find suitable medical treatment for candidiasis can only be a specialist. He will hold a series of additional studies and, having reason to confirm the diagnosis, prescribe the appropriate antifungal therapy in combination with medicines containing vitamin-mineral components to strengthen the immune system.
Treatment of candidiasis is in the following ways:
- drug therapy;
- the use of folk recipes.
Getting rid of vaginal fungal infection takes place in several stages:
- Antifungal treatment included the drugs of General and local effects.
- The recovery of the flora and environment of the vagina through the use of prebiotics. For example, Lactobacterin, lactic acid.
- The intake of b vitamins and antihistamines along with the diet to normalize the functions of the intestine, stomach and liver.
- Reduction in the rate of hormonal and treatment of comorbidities.
Vaginal candidiasis should be treated both sexual partners, only then increases the effectiveness of therapy. In the period of medication should be deleted intercourse.
Self-medication or the wrong treatment of yeast infection leads to a chronic form of the disease, which is difficult to treat and is able to recur even with the slightest weakening of the protective functions of the body.
Treatment of fungal infection involves not only medicines, but also compliance with the following rules:
- it is necessary to adjust the diet, eliminating fatty foods, spicy food and snacks, sweets and baked goods, and carbonated beverages;
- to drink a course of vitamins;
- to comply with active lifestyle;
- to use antibiotics only on prescription and not to self-medicate;
- to eliminate the random sexual acts and relationships;
- use quality underwear of cotton material;
- to normalize the weight.
Such events to prevent allows you to eliminate yeast infection precipitating factors.
Choosing the appropriate medication depends largely on forms of candidiasis and its stage. The treatment of thrush can be one of the following ways:
- Mild disease involves the use of drugs local action, for the retreat of the main manifestations. Effective remedies at the first symptoms of candidiasis may be candles Livarol, ironin, antifungal ointments and creams (Nystatin, Oxiconazole, Ketoconazole). Perhaps the use of Gynazole, Pimafucin and Betadine, and other drugs. Some funds are characterized by a number of contraindications and may not be suitable for patients with individual intolerance to the comprising components.
- At relapse of thrush you should use the tools of the overall effect. As the main products are pills, the most popular of which are Flucostat, Diflucan, Mycosyst Fluconazole and.
How to cure yeast infection in women medications, only the doctor knows. It will make your medical verdict after the culture on the flora with definition of sensitivity of fungal infection.
Any treatment at home is recommended after prior consultation with the doctor. This is due to the frequent passage of thrush chronic, which is already a serious health hazard.
In the absence of a quick referral to a specialist you can use several effective folk methods.
These include the following recipes:
- Pharmacy pelvic collection. It is easy to use and cheap in cost. Broth should take three times a day before meals. The fee is used for irrigation after diluting it in warm water with a volume of 500 milliliters.
- A decoction of chamomile calendula. Plants have disinfecting properties and quickly reduce inflammation. The broth is prepared in the following way: 2 teaspoons of each herb, you need to pour hot water and bring to a boil, boil for another 10 minutes on low heat. After the broth stood for 2 hours, it can be used for irrigation after the pre-straining. The procedure to perform better in the morning and at night.
- Dilute in a liter of water 0.5 tablespoon of baking soda. The solution is used for irrigation and cleaning.
- Well reduce inflammation local baths. For preparation will need 1 teaspoon of boric acid, the same quantity of alum and copper sulfate. All the ingredients can be purchased at any local pharmacy. The fee should pour boiling water (1 liter) and leave for 2 days in a dry place protected from light. Trays should be taken twice per day, diluted in 6 teaspoons of the solution in 5 liters of water. To descend into the pelvis need just a few minutes, the steam is impossible.
- The fee for cleaning should be prepared from oak bark, nettle, succession and lavender in the ratio 3:2:1, 5:1, respectively. To convert a single hygienic procedures, it is sufficient to 1 tablespoon of the collection, filled with 150 ml of boiling water. When the solution stand for 2 hours, it should be added, the same boiled water, then cool and use during cleaning.
- To restore the normal microflora of the vagina can be made at home tampons according to the scheme: fold the cheesecloth like an accordion and wetted in the low-fat yogurt. The tampon should be at night to leave in the vagina and in the morning to get through pre-sewn yarn. After the procedure you must perform douching any broth with a disinfecting property (e.g., of chamomile).
- To prepare a decoction of sage, chamomile, eucalyptus, yarrow, calendula, poplar and birch buds. All the ingredients are taken in equal amounts.
The resulting collection of 2 tablespoons be infused in boiling water (1 liter). Use 50 ml of the decoction should before a meal (3 times) during the day.
These recipes can relieve the symptoms of yeast infection but not cure it completely. The lack of any sign of candidiasis does not mean the disease retreated, but only allows to make a conclusion on the correct application of the therapy. Make sure in the victory over the fungal infection is possible only after receiving negative strokes of both partners and the clinical manifestations of the disease.