How to narrow the blood vessels in the nose without drops at home
How to narrow the dilated vessels in your nose?
The nasal cavity plays an important role in the normal functioning of the body. But sometimes, due to the development of certain diseases, it may be broken. As a result, the patient feels discomfort, worsening nasal breathing.
One of the ways of dealing with a similar phenomenon – the use of funds, narrowing the vessels, placed in the region of the nasal cavity. There are several ways to narrow the blood vessels in the nose.
The blood supply of the nasal cavity
Blood flow to the nose occurs klinovidnoi branches of the maxillary artery, which, in turn, included in the system of carotid arteries. It passes through the wedge-palatal hole and delivers blood to the back departments of the nose and the sinuses okolonosovykh. This artery also has a branch.
So, the blood supply directly to the nasal cavity is done by:
- rear lateral nasal arteries;
- septal arteries.
Anterior nasal cavity supplied with blood by means of the ophthalmic artery, which, like the preceding, is a branch of the carotid. In the nasal cavity can be detected following ethmoid artery, which are branches of this vessel:
Through these vessels the blood is distributed through the grid of smaller capillaries, which ensures normal blood flow in the nasal cavity. In the case of colds or infectious process is vasodilation, leading to mucosal thickening and swelling.
Due to these factors interferes with the normal operation of the glands located in this region. This leads to the release of mucus, accompanied by difficulty of nasal breathing. Because of this, the patient cannot breathe through the nose, begins to breathe air through the mouth.
Because the mouth does not warm, does not filter or moisturizes the air, it is in contact with the soft tissue of the patient in a raw and untrained, which could trigger the development of other diseases associated with the respiratory system of a person.
Vasoconstriction in the home
The situation can be corrected by regulating the tone of blood vessels, placed in the region of the nasal cavity. Some substances after their application, have a vasoconstrictor action. As a result, temporarily decreases swelling, relieves inflammation. This leads to the normalization of nasal breathing.
Help! Any means of influencing vascular tone, acts temporarily, and not affect the source of the problem.
Modern medicine has a large number of drugs that you can use at home. The most popular among the population use nasal drops or aerosols.
There are four types of such funds, depending on existing active substances. They can be:
- Phenylephrine. Begin to act five minutes after application, but no more than four hours, and then the congestion returns. «Vibrocil» and «Nazol (baby/kids)» – the drugs belonging to this group.
- Oxymetazoline. The effect of the application of drops is retained for eight to ten hours, significantly longer than in the previous case. Representatives of a group «Psopen», «Expra», «Nazivin».
- Xylometazoline. Act for seven to eight hours. Xylometazoline is used in such drugs as «Otrivin», «Galazolin», «Rinonorm», «Grippostad Reno.»
- Naphazoline. Tools that use this active substance, are from four to eight hours. These include «Naftin» and «not effective».
Important! Use vasoconstrictor drops and sprays longer than seven days is prohibited.
How to narrow the blood vessels in the nose without drops? To achieve the narrowing of blood vessels located in the nasal cavity, is possible without the use of nasal drops/sprays. With this, you can use a solution of sea salt. Such solutions are widely represented in pharmacies. But to make a tool for washing the nose can be enough to dissolve sea salt (one teaspoon) in warm water (0.5 ml).
You can also use folk remedies, constricts blood vessels of the nasal cavity:
- Juice of Kalanchoe. Juice squeezed from the pre-cleaned leaves of the plant. Next, you need to be filtered (can use cheesecloth) and bury the proceeds in the nasal passages once in three hours. Each nostril must have two drops.
- Fir oil. It has antiseptic properties, has a positive effect on nasal congestion by narrowing the blood vessels placed in it. Oil is used to lubricate the sinuses, the nasal cavity. In addition, it can be used as the vehicle for conducting inhalation.
- Soap. The subject, which is available to most Housewives brown Laundry soap (72%). It is necessary to make a soapy solution. In the prepared solution wetted the tampon of wool, which are further processed in the nasal cavity. The tool constricts blood vessels, making passes in just five minutes. However, in the presence of wounds in the nose can cause discomfort.
- The aloe juice. As the juice of Kalanchoe, aloe juice also has a vasoconstrictor effect. It must be instilled several times a day. This tool can also be used for therapy of the inflammatory process.
- Menthol oil. The product is mixed with camphor oil in proportion of one to one. Then buried three drops in each nostril.
- Eucalyptus oil. Grind a spoon of the leaves, dissolved in one hundred milliliters of oil (vegetable oil). Hold the mixture for fifteen minutes in a water bath, then allow to stand (up to five hours). After preparation the product should be used as drops (twice a day for four drops in each nostril).
Attention! Before using the tools outlined above, you must ensure that no Allergy on their components.
Through the above-mentioned products, you can quickly narrow the blood vessels of the nasal cavity, which has a positive impact on edema, congestion and inflammation. In the case if the funds did not help or the problem is present for greater than seven days, it is recommended to seek qualified help.
Decongestants for pregnant women
The use of medications that affect vascular tone, pregnant women are not recommended. Some medications are absorbed into the bloodstream and exert a systemic effect on the body. This may cause vasoconstriction not only of the nose and the uterus/placenta. In the latter case, a pregnant woman may develop spasm of the placenta, which is bad for the fetus.
To narrow the blood vessels in the nose during pregnancy can be as described above. In addition, the maximum:
- Warming nose with boiled eggs. Must cook hard-boiled two eggs, then wrapped them in a cloth and apply to the nose on both sides. To use the method only if the patient no sinus infection (sinusitis when to hold warming is strictly prohibited).
- The conduct of inhalation using essential oils. Tea tree, eucalyptus, fir and cedar – oil of these plants can be used as a material for inhalation. It will be enough to dissolve a few drops of the selected remedies in boiling water.
You can also use onion juice and cranberry as nose drops. These tools are safe and do not pose a threat to women’s health. However, you need to understand that the pregnant woman is responsible not only for themselves but also for the health of your baby. Therefore, it is desirable to exclude self-treatment and seek help from a doctor.
In the nasal cavity are a large number of vessels responsible for blood supply to this organ. Due to the development of certain diseases, they can expand.
To narrow down the dilated vessels in your nose can vasoconstrictor drops, solution with sea salt and with the help of folk medicine. Pregnant women should abandon vasoconstrictor drugs and traditional medicines to use with caution.