How to treat cough during pregnancy: wet and coughing
Pregnancy and cough: how to treat?
Pregnancy is a special period in women’s life when significant changes occur in hormonal levels. While carrying toddler protective functions of the body decrease, which contributes to the appearance cough respiratory infectious nature.
In this case it is important to use safe treatment methods that do not affect the normal development of the unborn child.
The causes and complications
The symptoms of cough when carrying a baby appear on the background of the development of colds different degrees of origin.
Before deciding how to treat cough during pregnancy should consider the main reasons of its appearance:
- viral infection of the acute nature of influenza and SARS;
- inflammation of the bronchitis;
- acute course of the disease;
- whooping cough;
- severe sore throat (tonsillitis);
- Allergy symptoms;
Important! Depending on gestational age and type of pathology, the doctor will prescribe an appropriate treatment, which in a short time will eliminate all the negative symptoms of cough!
Pregnancy and cough are incompatible, since the untreated illness can lead to serious complications while carrying the baby. The most dangerous think is a dry cough without sputum uncertain etiology.
It is important to know the possible consequences of the development of pathology:
- the occurrence of a strong uterine tone appears due to the strong tension of the abdominal muscles. This condition may cause a premature birth or miscarriage;
- fetal hypoxia develops when the lack of oxygen, when blood circulation in the placenta and a reduction of nutrients to the child;
- bleeding with a low lying interest can develop during strong tension of the muscles and lead to serious pregnancy complications.
Important! In order to resolve a bad cough when pregnant, you should cure the disease that is the cause! It should be to use only safe and efficient means!
Methods of treatment of cough in the first trimester
The first trimester of pregnancy is one of the most important periods of pregnancy, because at this time laid all the vital organs of the future baby. Treatment of cough should be as safe as possible and should exclude the use of drugs of chemical origin.
As effective therapies you can use the recipes of traditional medicine:
- the conduct of inhalation use medicinal herbs is having a good effect on the respiratory system, and in a short time eliminates the signs of cough. The procedure is safe for pregnant women and is the process of inhaling the vapors of medicinal decoction.
- as active remedies use herbs: sage, eucalyptus, peppermint, yarrow, burdock, Linden, chamomile. To initiate the process you can use household items or a special device is a nebulizer;
- internal use of herbal decoctions is possible only with the permission of the attending physician in a certain amount, so as a standalone treatment has serious complications;
- the use of warming compresses in the chest. Effective use of cabbage leaf smeared with honey and applied to the chest. For the warming effect from the top should put a warm towel;
- the combination of warm milk with honey and butter is good in relieving cough during pregnancy and has no contraindications during this period. The drink can be taken several times throughout the day.
Important! Severe cough involves the use of drugs drug nature without the permission of the treating doctor gynecologist!
Therapy of cough in the second and third trimester of pregnancy
The beginning of the second trimester of pregnancy allows the use of drugs a certain number preferably with a content of natural botanicals. In the treatment of cough in a period of gestation of the baby, using drugs of various forms of release described in the list below.
The purpose of the tablets
Is only a gynecologist, a leading pregnancy as this form of medicine has many side-effects and contraindications during pregnancy. These drugs are used when clear indications for use.
Cheap effective drug expectorant actions taken in pill form.
The active component of the extract of herbs, medicinal marshmallow promotes liquefaction of sputum and its excretion from the body.
Medication prescribed for colds, accompanied by severe cough.
The dosage of the tablets is determined by the attending physician depending on the type and course of disease. The drug is approved during pregnancy and has virtually no side effects. Contraindications: ulcerative manifestations in the gastrointestinal tract, allergies in relation to the current composition of the medication. Price 70-100 rubles.
One of the most effective means in the treatment of cough homeopathic action. The combination of herbal ingredients from natural origin provides the drug’s effectiveness and causes the so-called wet cough for removing excess phlegm in the lungs. Tablets prescribed for acute sinusitis, frontal sinusitis, and sinusitis.
The daily dosage is one tablet for 2 weeks. When using the drug may experience side effects in the form of indigestion, hives and headaches. Contraindications: individual sensitivity to the ingredients of the composition. Price 110-150 rubles.
The use of cough syrups is the primary method of treatment for use of drugs as medicines in the form of release the least dangerous during pregnancy. Dosage and time of use of funds prescribed by your doctor.
Natural product on the basis of plantain and Mallow. Herbal ingredients that provide expectorant, anti-inflammatory properties of the drug.
Gerbion syrup prevents dry and wet cough and strengthen immunity in the body.
The use of drugs orally 10 ml 3-4 times during the day. The dosage for children is 5 ml three times a day. Contraindications: diabetes mellitus, fructose intolerance, children up to 2 years. Price 280-300 rubles.
Effective with mucolytic expectorant action of natural origin. Ivy leaf extract helps eliminate all negative signs of a cough. The drug is intended for treatment of acute and chronic respiratory diseases.
Dosage syrup during pregnancy in an amount of 5 ml three times throughout the day. The total duration of treatment is not more than 1 week. Possible side effects of allergies, vomiting or indigestion. Contraindications: individual sensitivity, bronchial asthma, impaired fermentation, children up to age 2 years. Price 380-400 rubles.
Effective tool in the treatment of dry cough during pregnancy. Active substance Butamirat has bronhodilatiruty effect of the drug. Indications: whooping cough, tracheitis, bronchitis.
Dosage of syrup for adults is 15 ml, for children from 3 to 6 years 5 ml and in the age category 6-12 years 10 ml Side effects occur rarely and may manifest as nausea, vomiting and headache. Contraindications: Allergy, pulmonary hemorrhage, children up to 3 years. Price 310-320 rubles.
The effectiveness of therapy depends on how we properly treat a cough during pregnancy using a complex regimen prescribed by the attending physician!
For quick recovery it is advisable to use traditional methods of treatment combined with safe anti-inflammatory drugs.
Prohibited methods of treatment of cough during pregnancy
During the treatment of cough in a period of gestation of the baby, you should also consider the possible exclusion of certain treatments:
- taking a hot bath;
- warming foot bath;
- the use of mustard plasters;
- the use of physiological procedures;
- inhalation at elevated temperatures used broth;
- teratogenic drugs.
The above methods of treatment to remove, as they can lead to serious complications and even abortion.
Important! When using traditional medicine should use methods that are approved by your doctor!
The treatment of cough during pregnancy is completely solvable issue. It is important to follow all doctor’s instructions and dosage of medications. Women’s health provides a safe and normal development of the unborn child!