How to treat thrush while breastfeeding?
Thrush is a nasty disease that is especially dangerous while breastfeeding (GW). The probability of infection for the baby is very high. After giving birth in a breastfeeding woman can occur vaginal candidiasis, and thrush around the nipples. Statistics show that such a problem faces half women. And, in about 7% of the half relapse. Thrush during breastfeeding is a lot of discomfort to the mother and her child.
A yeast infection during pregnancy: causes and symptoms
Clear signs of candidiasis is a vaginal irritation, redness, itching, burning and cheesy discharge. Feature of thrush while breastfeeding (GW) is the excessive sensitivity of the breast. Nipples become bright, become bright pink hue, you experience itching and burning. Also, the pain may be stabbing nature, which manifested after feeding. Candidiasis can affect the production of breast milk may decrease.
Causes of yeast infection when breastfeeding:
- diseases of a chronic nature;
- hormonal drugs, antibiotics, or biological additives;
- the use of substandard hygiene with unnatural concentrates (symptoms of thrush can also be inflammation of the skin, which makes no sense to treat until canceled);
- premature resumption of sex after childbirth;
- stagnation in the small pelvis, caused by a sedentary lifestyle;
- improper diet;
- wearing synthetic, tight underwear and clothing.
If time does not begin treatment of candidiasis in HS, that is the risk that a newborn will become infected from mom. In such cases, you need to stop breastfeeding and start taking drugs.
Symptoms, which is typical for thrush in HS:
- the sensation of pain during feeding and after it;
- shiny nipples bright pink hue that itch and get wet;
- pain radiating to the scapula or the shoulder;
- the presence of fungal infection in nursing mothers (nails, mouth, lips or vagina).
If the nipple cracks that heal slowly, and the woman feels pain when feeding and after its completion – a good reason to visit a doctor, who will advise the correct and safe treatment for mom and baby.
Yeast infection treatment during pregnancy
The difficulties faced by the nursing mother is the right choice of antifungal drugs, most of which should not be taken during lactation. When GW encouraged to give preference to traditional treatment. Understand how you can treat candidiasis in HS.
Before you begin treatment, you need to ensure that the nursing mother is not suffering following diseases:
In addition to the gynecologist, you should visit a dermatologist and dietitian. During treatment, you need to give up sweets and pastries.
Treatment can be:
- perorally (pills and capsules);
- external (creams, ointments, vaginal suppositories or tablets).
Popular treatment when feeding
Traditional medicine is a storehouse of effective methods that can help in the treatment of many female diseases. The advantages of this treatment are that they do not require a break in breastfeeding or even rejection of him. But what tools can I use when breastfeeding?
Consider the most effective and safe methods for mom and newborn:
- You can use the decoction of chamomile is a great hygienic and antiseptic. Broth you need to rinse the breast and genital mucosa. Decoction is recommended to use continuously during treatment.
- Soda solution to wipe the Breasts, genitals mom and the mouth of the newborn after feeding. To use 2 times a day, morning and before bedtime. After treatment with soda solution to wash treated areas with warm water.
Universal douching is a combination of calendula, chamomile and oak bark — helps mom to get rid of anxiety symptoms. You can drink green tea is a diuretic, which rids the body of pathogenic fungi and inhibits their reproduction.
Medical treatment for HS
Safe medications during breastfeeding are such candles as the Pimafucin, Clotrimazole and Terginan. They have a local impact, at the same time to stop BF when treatment is not necessary. Vaginal suppositories you need to enter before bedtime. You must strictly adhere to the enclosed instructions (all medications must be provided).
The use of many candles is prohibited or unsafe, so the treatment during breastfeeding should be done under medical supervision. He just says what drugs can be used and which are not.
You can also test the effect of creams and ointments, such as Hexetidine, Nystatin ointment, Candida and Monistat. In HS you need to frequently and regularly to treat nipple and breast prescription drugs.
In the case of improving the state of the need to continue actions to restore the normal microflora. Prescribers that contain Lactobacillus. Excellent and efficient drug Lactobacterin, they need to lubricate the Breasts and nipples before feeding the baby. The drug can not be washed off.
An obvious improvement of a condition does not guarantee that the yeast infection more curing is not necessary. It often appears again and again. It is therefore important to reduce the risk of relapse.
Prevention of thrush in breastfeeding mothers:
- to adhere to the rules of personal hygiene;
- use no soap, and is specially designed for the tool;
- rinse with warm water Breasts and nipples before and after breastfeeding;
- when menstruation frequently change sanitary pads, do not use substandard products or toilet paper with fragrances;
- to use my personal towel;
- plan your diet, to enrich and diversify it;
- in HS to avoid swimming in open water;
- do not wear tight, low-quality, synthetic underwear and clothes.
Thrush breastfeeding is common. Need drugs prescribed by the doctor. In this case, you can prevent infection of the child and successfully cure fungus at mom’s.