Hyperplastic rhinitis: what is it and symptoms
What is hyperplastic rhinitis?
Hyperplastic rhinitis is known in medical circles as inflammation, which increases the mucous membrane of the nose. This inflammation has certain reasons and symptoms that cause severe discomfort. The increase in the mass and volume of the mucous membrane does not occur groundless, therefore, this ailment should be taken seriously.
When the growth of connective passages the patient experiences malaise, pain, a disorder of the upper respiratory tract. Such problems can lead to serious respiratory disorders. From such inflammation often affects adults, but is not protected and children. To detect inflammation in the early stages we invite you to explore the symptoms of hyperplastic rhinitis.
What is hyperplastic rhinitis
What it is hyperplastic rhinitis is not known by many. This inflammation is characterized by proliferation of connective tissue in the nose. Replace the beginning hyperplastic rhinitis can be due to the formation of different problems with the respiratory system. To diagnose inflammation alone is not possible, therefore, in the formation of such a disorder should seek the advice of a physician. After conducting the external examination and necessary investigations, the doctor will prescribe an accurate diagnosis.
To determine the right direction for further treatment, you need to install all the factors of occurrence of hyperplastic rhinitis.
It is known that such inflammation often affects older people, but in some cases the disease affects both children.
To identify the mechanism of development of inflammation is difficult because the disease is still not fully understood. But experts and scientists warn that most often, the disease appears due to the curvature of the nasal septum.
The growth of connective tissue can be caused by such acquired or congenital pathological change, but also because of other reasons:
- acute sinusitis;
- chronic inflammation of the sinuses;
- various allergic reactions;
- frequent irritation of the mucous membranes;
- swelling of the mucous cavity;
- intolerance of certain smells and foods;
- inflammation of the lymph nodes;
- a weak immune system;
- periodic infectious lesions of the body;
- frequent viral diseases;
- disruption of the upper respiratory tract;
- incorrect treatment of inflammatory processes in the nasopharynx;
- professional activities in areas with large concentrations of dust and dirt;
- addiction to bad habits;
- living near chemical plants;
- inflammation of the lymphoid system;
- frequent overcooling;
- pathological predisposition.
But most of the growth of connective tissue occurs due to improper or delayed treatment catarrhal rhinitis. This disease often causes complications, including hyperplastic rhinitis.
With the progression of this form of the disease the mucous membrane increases in size and a lot of pressure on the surrounding tissue.
During this process, patients complain of unbearable pain and disruption of the microcirculation.
With the further development of inflammation increases the thickness and pressure mucosal, which can cause lack of oxygen, respiratory dysfunctions, deterioration of the health of the patient, reduced oxygen content in the organism as a whole.
The development of hyperplastic rhinitis leads to severe inflammation of the entire body.
As you can see the progression of the disease
To understand what a patient develops hyperplastic rhinitis can be due to some special symptoms. When available, you must seek medical care for further examination.
Keep in mind that inflammation during remission and exacerbation of similar symptoms, but differ in their sharpness.
The clinical symptoms of the disease include:
- different discharge from the nasal cavity;
- the admixture of pus and mucous discharge;
- the outflow of yellow or green mucus;
- violation of nasal breathing;
- a strong narrowing of the nasal passages;
- the change in the sound of your own voice;
- the appearance of the nasal;
- in some cases, patients may complain of pain in the Eustachian tube;
- blockage of the Eustachian tube;
- stuffy ears;
- the deterioration of hearing acuity;
- discomfort in the region of the frontal sinus and the nose;
- the appearance of snoring;
- frequent dryness in the mouth;
- sometimes patients complain of a sensation of having a foreign object in the nose;
- there is insomnia;
- loss of appetite;
- the deterioration of the sense of smell;
- in rare cases, there is partial loss of memory;;
- aching pain in the temples and head;
- discomfort in the nose, which increases towards evening;
- pain when taking food and liquids;
- with the development of inflammation appears epistaxis.
With the development of inflammation nasal congestion is not treated even powerful vasoconstrictors, so the course of treatment it is necessary to start as soon as possible. Otherwise, the progression of the disease can lead to various complications. In addition to severe hearing loss, the patient may develop bronchitis, adenoiditis, conjunctivitis.
Often in hyperplastic rhinitis patients appears excessive bleeding from the nose, pain in the head and memory loss.
In the case of progression of inflammation in children, this form of rhinitis may lead to delays in development.
Treatment of this type of rhinitis require a comprehensive approach and constant monitoring from doctors. To treat such pathology is dangerous, but you can protect yourself from the appearance of hyperplastic rhinitis. This requires time to treat acute and catarrhal rhinitis and not allow the inflammation to provoke the occurrence of complications.
To other forms of preventive measures include hardening of the body and active fitness. In the case of frequent Allergy symptoms must avoid any exposure to allergens.
Besides, give up bad habits and pay attention to the conditions of your work. In the case of professional activities associated with the construction or other negative factors activities in the upper Airways do not forget to consult a doctor for a routine inspection every three months.