Hypertrophic rhinitis: symptoms and treatment, pictures and folk remedies
How to recognize and treat hypertrophic rhinitis?
In the formation of a cold or flu, all patients complain of severe rhinitis, is rhinitis. It can occur due to the penetration into the body of viruses, bacteria, various allergens, as well as become a contributing factor in the annoying factors under the influence of the environment. To ignore this inflammation in the mucosa of the nasal cavity is impossible, as the consequences of uncontrolled rhinitis.
Goes untreated rhinitis can cause the formation of chronic inflammation, or sinusitis, otitis media or Eustachian. But most of the normal flows in rhinitis hypertrophic rhinitis, which is characterized as tissue growth in the nasal cavity. Chronic hypertrophic rhinitis requires special treatment and constant monitoring by doctors.
Symptoms normal and chronic hypertrophic rhinitis
In the formation of hypertrophic rhinitis patients feel a strong tissue growth mucosa. At this time in the patient’s body occur pathological changes, which disrupted the structure of the mucosa and submucosa parts. With the progression of the disease disrupts the function of the periosteum and in the disease involves bone structure.
This disease causes severe symptoms that patients complain of shortness of nasal breathing, dizziness, nausea, pressure in the nose and pain in the head.
In addition, patients impaired sense of smell. If the inflammation is not cured in time, the sense of smell may not return at all.
Other symptoms of an ordinary hypertrophic rhinitis include:
- abundant mucus;
- constant nasal congestion;
- much difficulty breathing through the nose;
- purulent accumulations;
- shooting sensations in the temples during sudden movements;
- decreased sense of smell;
- partial hearing loss;
- the appearance of the nasal;
- changing the timbre of the voice.
Simple hypertrophic rhinitis is characterized by chronic form of a number of symptoms.
- abundant mucus from the nose, watery eyes;
- frequent sneezing reflex;
- various benign tumors the predominant bluish color in the nasal cavity;
- closer to morning nasal congestion increases, and in the evening subsides;
- selective in nasal passage;
- bad breath or nose;
- the dryness of the mucosa;
- burning sensation and itching;
- bleeding from the nose.
- pain in the temples, forehead and head;
- deterioration of health;
- nasal congestion;
- a collection of pus and intermittent discharge from the nose;
- hearing loss;
- loss of appetite.
It is known that inflammation, transfered to the chronic stage occurs more acutely and for a long time.
In the case of formation of these symptoms you must immediately seek medical help. Treatment of hypertrophic rhinitis should begin at the earliest stages of inflammation, otherwise there is a risk of formation of chronic form of inflammation.
In the case of chronic hypertrophic rhinitis important constant consultation with my physician. The disease has certain symptoms that are sometimes similar to sinusitis. Therefore, it is not difficult to confuse the ailments and start the wrong treatment. Late or incorrect therapy carries with it dangerous consequences, which will require urgent surgical intervention.
Please note the photo of hypertrophic rhinitis:
Hypertrophic rhinitis requires accurate diagnosis. Inflammation similar to many diseases of the upper respiratory tract, so it can easily be confused with sinusitis or acute sinusitis.
To determine the diagnosis of the doctor-the otolaryngologist conducts a number of studies using specialized instrumentation.
During the inspection of the used reflector, which allows you to look inside the nasal passages.
Based on the data specialist receives a full picture and diagnose the condition of the mucous membrane.
After conducting tomography and radiography determined further treatment.
A comprehensive treatment of hypertrophic rhinitis requires medication therapy.
- The first step is to breath. For this patient appointed vasoconstrictor drugs: «Allergical», «ksimelin», «Mezaton», «Galidor»,».», «Cold Sensitive», «založennost’û».
- Before each introduction of drops or sprays in the nose to clear the nasal passages using a saline solution of furatsilina, or by using various concoctions.
- For the integrated exposure necessary antiviral medication «Acyclovir», «Foscarnet», «Vidarabine», «Mathiasen», «Trifluralin», «Valaciclovir», «Foscarnet».
- It is important to remove the swelling by using anti-Allergy medication is «Effective», «claritin», «Zyrtec», «Fenistil».
- To improve the health of the patient assigned to vitamins and supplements.
In the future the patient is waiting for physiotherapy, which includes UHF-therapy, ultraviolet radiation, massage of the sinuses, the effect on the mucous membrane.
At first, the symptoms of inflammation can be reduced not only through medicine, but also methods of alternative medicine. Medicinal plants can bring mucous discharge from the nose and make breathing easier. But to use traditional methods only allowed after consultation with a physician and only in the initial stages of the condition.
Treatment of folk remedies cannot substitute medical therapy and even more unable to fully cure hypertrophic rhinitis.
However, doctors prescribe multiple prescriptions to facilitate health of the patient:
- In the early stages can wash out the nasal passages with the decoction of rose hips, roots of the raspberry, peppermint, sage, plantain, chamomile and other medicinal plants.
- Rinse your nose using a solution of sea salt with a few drops of iodine.
- To facilitate nasal breathing, and normalize the functions of the upper respiratory tract it is necessary to conduct inhalation of water vapor. In the broth you need to add lemon essential oil, tea tree, eucalyptus, and Bay leaves.
- It is useful to smell the mixture of Rue leaves St. John’s wort and the roots of the oak.
- After inhalation, wait thirty minutes and enter in the nasal passages turundy soaked in propolis, pre-diluted with purified water in proportion of one to one.
Do not use these treatments without first consulting with your doctor.
Most often, medical therapy and physiotherapy act only as the earlier stages. To get rid of hypertrophic rhinitis of various forms is possible only through surgical exposure.
The nature of the inflammation is such that during progression of disease grow nasal membranes.
Drug therapy and alternative therapy can only reduce the symptoms of the disease, but they do not affect the source of the disease.
Only operational impact on the cause allows you to get rid of hypertrophic rhinitis forever.
If you went to the hospital in time, the patient is waiting for a sparing operation, during which produced cauterization of the enlarged structures, but most often doctors bypass this method side and prefer more modern methods of treatment.
In this case, the patient waits for ultrasonic resection, or laser treatment. If the first two methods proved ineffective, the patient is prescribed the excision of pathologically proliferating vessels.
If the inflammation has moved to a heavier phase, the patient is waiting for a complex operation. During the surgical procedure, the patient removes the mucosa and spend an additional effect on the bone of the lower area in the bow basin. The only way to eliminate the inflammation.
It is important to note that in the modern medical field such operations are conducted safely. The traumatic effects which manifested itself early, for example, when the cauterization of the mucosa, decreased to zero.
Procedures take place under General anesthesia and takes about thirty minutes.
Neglected diseases can result in serious pathological processes in the body. Often in the development of the disease patients complain of not rash, headaches, fatigue, loss of function and other symptoms that reduce quality of life.
It should be noted that an enlarged nasal shell disrupt the natural outflow, which can cause the penetration of purulent masses in the region of the skull. In addition, violation of smell, which occurs in the early stages of inflammation, can go into the hard phase.
Often, this form of rhinitis causes otitis media, sinusitis, evstahiit, and sinusitis. Therefore, monitor the symptoms and treatment of hypertrophic rhinitis should a qualified doctor.