Hypofunction of the ovaries: symptoms, causes and treatment
Disruption of the normal physiological productivity of the female organs occur in different reasons. Hormonal changes with decrease or increase in estrogen leads to an early aging of the female body or delayed puberty, accompanied by amenorrhea.
The prevalence of this pathology among the beautiful half of humanity is negligible among young women ovarian hypofunction may occur in 0.1% of cases, middle-aged women, the violation is 1% of all gynecological diseases. Prone to amenorrhea in women, such a failure to the productivity of the ovaries affects about 10 times more than is absolutely healthy.
Despite the fact that such a diagnosis in people is not considered a disease, yet the total hormonal disturbance, concomitant ovarian insufficiency affects a woman’s body as a whole. Changes in endocrine, immune and metabolic processes definitely makes the beautiful half of humanity, the decline in total physical health with neurological malfunction.
Etiology the origin of the disease
Unambiguous and well-defined causes of ovarian failure can not be called. Many provocations that cause this pathology, primary ovarian hypofunction, creating some of the most common items:
- Genetic predisposition.
- Hormonal changes during embryonic development.
- Infection and viral diseases in pregnancy.
The secondary may develop due to such reasons:
- Unbalanced nutrition and insufficient intensity of his vitamins and minerals.
- Different methods of exposure have effects on the body due to cancer treatment.
- Excessive abuse of diets that lead to depletion of the body.
- Regular and strong disorder of the nervous system.
- Violation of sufficient blood flow to the brain, leading to disturbances in the hypothalamic – pituitary system is involved in the formation of ovarian activity.
- A history of endocrine diseases: diabetes mellitus, obesity, Basedow’s disease, etc.
- The consequences of incorrect use of a mechanical intrauterine contraception – spirals.
- Artificial termination of pregnancy.
- Remaining inflammatory processes of female genital organs.
Classification of ovarian insufficiency
The distinguishing characteristics of the signs of this pathology manifest in strict accordance with the species classification of the disease. There are two main types of ovarian insufficiency:
- The primary changes that have congenital etiology
- The secondary pathology related to acquired disease as a result of metabolic disorders or hormonal imbalance.
Also signs of insufficiency depend on the degree of neglect of the disease. Ovarian hypofunction is divided into three main degrees:
- Easy stage is characterized by insufficient development of the uterus, the endometrium. The symptoms of lung disease symptoms there is hypoplasia and slow breast development, menstrual cycle, by type of irregularity and frequent delays.
- Average degree of ovarian failure is preceded by a visually perceptible indication of the underdevelopment of the female breast and genitals, as well as absence of menstruation and frequent «hair» groin area.
- A severe form of pathology expressed in the apparent absence of mammary glands, visible atrophic gipoplastical of the vagina and uterus. The lack of «body hair» in the armpit and groin boils down to a critical minimum.
Even with normal values and the size of the uterus, its underdevelopment may manifest in pathological changes of the endometrium.
Symptoms of the disease
Manifestations of a lack of ovarian function can be divided into three main groups:
- Physiological signs resulting from congenital abnormalities or acquired after trauma and hormonal balance.
- Disruptions in the regularity of the menstrual cycle according to the type of the paucity of secretions or their complete absence.
- The constant threat of miscarriage during pregnancy and also infertility because of the underdevelopment of the physiological characteristics of the female genital organs.
Other symptoms manifestations depend on concomitant disease, caused ovarian failure. It can be:
- Allocation of colostrum from the nipple of the female breast.
- Change the size of the uterus, atrophy of the endometrium.
- Instability emotional background.
- Instability of blood pressure, disruptions of the heart.
- Common symptoms of disease: weakness, fatigue, inefficiency.
Before you put the diagnosis of «ovarian hypofunction», and gynecologists take into account data on normal parameters of anthropometric data, conduct visual and palpation inspection of the genital organs on the subject of relations with the age norm. After a visit to the gynecologist is usually appointed ultrasound examination of genitals, uterus and appendages, as well as laboratory diagnostics of a hormonal background of an organism. In more severe stages of the disease symptoms and possible additional tests.
Treatment of ovarian failure is a complex process consisting of several stages. Especially if ovarian hypofunction is primary congenital in origin.
- The initial step to treatment is maximum stimulation of physiological reserves of the body for the full development of the genital organs. With this purpose in studying the life history of the patient and eliminate possible provocative factors contributing to the development of the disease: from changing harmful professional conditions to cure chronic and infectious diseases. In addition to the balance of power, the normalization of the psycho-neurological background and distribution of physical activity, conduct physical activities and active therapy.
- The second stage treatment contains further work on activation of hormone production in the body to achieve normal size and location of the genital organs, according to the age of the patient. Popular medications in this treatment period are progesterone or pregnin, ethinyl estradiol. And courses of treatment consists of 2-3 months with repeated administration of drugs through the same temporal duration of the break. The ultimate goal of such active hormone therapy lies in the activation of reproductive function of the genital organs.
- The third and fourth stages of therapeutic measures aimed at restoring the productivity of the uterus and preventing possible recurrence. These points are the treatment of all women with ovarian failure regardless of the origin of the disease: congenital or acquired. Stabilization activities of the ovulation the female body – the main task of the third stage. The usual way to achieve results in this period are the acceptance of drugs, such as clomiphene, according to a strictly defined scheme established by the doctor individually in each case.
After a successful cure the insufficient functioning of the ovaries, the accounting–clinical examination of such patients with the purpose of systematic monitoring. This is necessary for timely correction of remedial measures at the first signs of a possible relapse of the disease. Such a dispensary registration is for life, because the hormonal imbalance in the body can occur at any time. This provocation is most popular in re-emergence of the disease.
Of course, ovarian hypofunction is treated heavier in adulthood, when a woman has reached 35. But if you are patient and responsible approach to the appointment of treatment to get rid of the disease at any age.