Hypotonia of the bladder: symptoms, causes and treatment
The bladder in the human body is designed to collect and withdraw the fluid. To perform his main function is only possible with the nervous system. But if she can not cope with the task set before it the goal, then crash and as a consequence there are different pathologies. One of these is hypotonia of the bladder.
Under hypotension mean a condition in which disturbed the process of excretion of urine. Often this problem occurs due to reduced tonus in the walls of the body. Normal tone I think, when he provides a proper retention of urine and complete reduction of the authority during the evacuation of the entire amount of urine.
Varieties of the disease
- Neurogenic hyperreflection body – this disease appears after failures occur in the nervous system of the brain. In the end, urine is not retained in the body even if the body has accumulated a minimum of liquid, one feels the urge to urinate. Similar hypotension in the beautiful half is accompanied by inflammation in the acute form.
- Neurogenic hyporeflectivity type – this illness happens due to irregularities in the nervous system in the sacral region. Reflex urination does not occur and the size become larger. As a consequence a relaxation of the sphincter, and then spontaneous urination.
- Neurogenic dysfunction. This pathology appears most often in adults, because violations occur in the mental state or physical failures. The beautiful half of malfunctions in the bladder after the baby is born, surgery on the genitals and others. And men pathology can appear after long carrying heavy objects, or in the presence of BPH. Teenagers and kids pathology occurs due to concomitant pathologies or under the influence of precipitating factors.
The causes that trigger the disease
Many factors can cause a disruption or reduction in tone of the bladder wall. The reasons that encourage the development of hypotension bladder a lot and that’s the main ones:
- Inflammation of the bladder wall (cystitis) – in this pathology, particularly at the initial stage is often observed hypertonicity of muscles. If you do not start timely treatment, the disease very quickly to the atony or hypotension.
- Long forced excessive stretching of the walls of the body. The disease leads to weakness of the sphincter that holds urine in the bladder, and hypotension. This condition can occur if there is obstruction of the channel of urination, which can remain even after the cause is resolved.
- Bladder catheterization can lead to stretching of the sphincter and hypotension. This condition is most common after surgery or the birth of a baby, especially if the catheter are quite a long period of time.
- Infectious disease provoked by the presence of microorganisms, viruses and fungi and the state of intoxication after them. Accumulated toxins in the body, and most of them are located in the muscles of the bladder, lead to disorders of the nervous system responsible for controlling system organs of urination.
- Changes due to age lead to the fact that the tone of the walls weakens.
- Injuries of the bladder, resulting in disrupted nerve supply.
- Injury to the brain and spinal cord, eventually for them is a violation of the regulation of emptying the bladder.
- Rhythm disturbances and frequency of urination, which can occur in the presence in the body of the prostate or prostatitis.
- The period of gestation of the baby and large fruit when during pregnancy a fetus presses the wall of the bladder to the heart and because of what appears postpartum atony and hypotension.
- Urolithiasis, in which there is obstruction of the urethra.
What symptoms say about hypotension bladder?
The main problem arising from such violations is the decreased ability to reduce bladder wall, so he could throw the contents. In the end, the patient suffers from urinary retention and he had to push strongly to get all the urine out, but the patient is still a feeling that the urine came out whole. In this case there is stagnation, in the future it may lead to serious complications.
Among the complications caused by stagnation of urine, often found:
- the deposition of salts and formation of stones;
- bladder infection;
- vesicoureteral reflux when throwing urine goes up to the ureters;
- hypotonia of the ureter.
Very dangerous abnormalities in urination in children, often occurring due to infection or as a result of prolonged urinary retention. Manifested hypotonia babies may due to the fact that he did not urinate or not asking for a pot.
If not treated early hypotonia, it can lead to stretching of the bladder. The consequences are very unpleasant, there will be incontinence. Often the urine can be allocated in small portions or streams involuntarily.
How to diagnose hypotension?
To carry out a correct diagnosis a doctor must study medical history and conduct a series of diagnostic procedures. For exception of inflammatory process in patient’s body have him take a blood test and urine tests, including functional test of General.
Also patient is prescribed a modern advanced methods of examination:
- magnetic resonance imaging;
- ultrasound examination;
- cystoscopically diagnostics;
- rising pielografia.
If the conducted research did not reveal any changes, the doctor may recommend to pass the examination of brain and spinal cord. Also taken into account the age of the patient, as may occur age-related disease, such as hypertrophy of the prostate. But there are cases when the cause of hypotension is not possible. But in this case it is possible to diagnose neurogenic bladder of unknown etiology.
Therapy begins first with finding out the reasons that led to hypotension. After the reason will be clarified, you can begin treatment. While here in the advanced form of prostate adenoma there are no guarantees in the normal recovery operation, even if the bladder passes pathology treatment caused disorders of urination.
Especially will be difficult to restore the nervous regulation that caused the hypotonia of the bladder, interrupted during injury to the spine or brain. Very often, especially the elderly, to restore urination impossible. And the thing is that in older patients occurs in the body, degenerative-dystrophic changes in the musculature of the bladder wall.
As a therapy the doctor recommends physical therapy manipulation, physical therapy, and medication. When prescribing take into account the reasons which provoked hypotension.
Sometimes I do not get to do without anti-inflammatory drugs, as they help remove toxicity, improve immunity, to normalize metabolism. Sometimes the patient is recommended to take spazmolitiki, diuretics or drugs urolithiasis action. If the cause is hormonal, then you need to take medications that will help to bring him back to normal. For the elderly, injuries of the abdominal cavity, it is necessary to take drugs that promote tissue regeneration.
Most patients after therapy, and compliance with all recommendations functions are fully restored, you just need to wait. It concerns the carrying of the baby or the development of hypotension, provoked by the presence of a catheter longer than the specified time.