If you can pass urine during menstruation and how to do it?
If you can pass urine during menstruation is an issue which requires a comprehensive consideration, since the nuances can be a great set and they all carry a key. However, there is a common rule that urine tests can be collected in the any time, regardless of day of the month women’s biological calendar. Thus the most informative is the morning portion of urine, the concentration of which is highest. But how informative analysis of urine during menstruation — this is a question that requires a more comprehensive consideration, taking into account all the nuances of proper delivery.
In most cases doctors say that absolutely there are no contraindications for delivery of urine in «this» period, but still the risk exists, as during menstruation in the urine gets part blood discharge that may cause suspicion of a trail of blood in the urine.
This is due to the fact. What urethra is close enough to the vagina of women, which is the reason why obtaining a net result of urine, without impurities.
Therefore, if you are scheduled for a urine test during this period, as menstruation, then this definitely must notify your doctor, who may recommend the extension of the analysis to another day or just will consider these circumstances when receiving results.
Proper collection of urine for research
On the basis of common rules of urine collection, to obtain the most accurate result, you should definitely adhere to the following guidelines:
- in order to correctly to collect urine, it is recommended to use a special disposable container, sold in many drugstores;
- after a night’s sleep, at least eight hours, you need to prepare for emptying of the bladder after your bladder is not emptied, a minimum of four hours;
- food before delivery of the analysis should be balanced and one should get all the necessary vitamins and minerals;
- if you are taking any medications, you initially should consult your doctor and clarify the fact that these drugs are absolutely not in any way affect the information content of the urine.
After complying with all the recommendations, is to begin to the correct collection of biological fluid for analysis. For this it is necessary carefully to wash and collect the first urine sample, which will be the most informative. For this, the first few grams of the liquid must be drained down the toilet and only after that the remaining fluid is collected in a specially designed container. With regard to the optimal amount, it must be no less than fifty milliliters, although for analysis will be sufficient and ten grams.
After the analysis is assembled, it must be hermetically sealed in a container with a special lid and sign the container. If delivery to the laboratory should be delayed for any reason, then such analysis may be stored in the refrigerator for two to three hours. Such long term period is due to the fact that the sediment and other impurities can quickly be decomposed, after which the analysis will be completely uninformative.
As the month of may affect the performance of urine analysis
Urine — is a process that is quite informative and may indicate the presence of any pathologies in humans. Consequently, in the course of the review it is possible to identify a variety of fungi, microbes, inflammation and other unusual diseases.
As for the cleanliness of such analysis, it is worth noting that the area of the vagina is very close to the channel of urination, thus to clean the analysis must take into account all possible factors and effectively to eliminate them. Thus urine during menstruation can be significantly distorted, that the most direct impact on the performance of the study.
Throughout the day the color indicator liquid and its intensity may change significantly, this is due to the presence of some extraneous factors. Thus, for the purity of the experiment should take care of the urine collection it is the Matins portion. As for such a period, as menstrual, in this period the urine was also significantly changes its color index due to possible blood contamination. As for the main impact study, it is the most direct way depends on the color of the biological fluid.
Thus, in order to obtain a sufficiently reliable result, the urine must pass at all key stages consideration:
- a preliminary examination of a liquid a laboratory that is based on the definition of colorless and odorless liquid;
- next, the study material by chemical studies. Thus, in the course of this study it is possible to reveal all nine components contained in the urine, and also determine the correct state of the whole organism. First, in terms we can suspect the presence of any inflammatory processes in the human body;
- study of fluids under the microscope. If it is produce in the period before menstruation, you will identify all discrepancies, and the presence of bacteria, fungi and other microbes.
In the study by using chemical methods it is possible to identify the presence of a variety of pathogenic cells, including blood. However, in the period of menstruation is may indicate only that the urine in the blood came from the vagina and for the purity of the indicators of the doctor will recommend a re-examination after one month.
In that case, if uest abnormalities or threats to human health, the red blood cells starts to increase, and the specialist should prescribe treatment and re-analysis of the biological fluid, after passing through proper treatment.
Therefore, it is worth noting a number of changes that can occur in the urine during the period of menstrual bleeding:
- normal urine should be completely transparent, during menstruation, the urine in most cases is murky;
- normal shade of urine is straw-yellow, as for the menstrual period, then to a normal color added impurities of the blood, which may cause the biological fluid to a brown color;
- time critical days in women, specific gravity of urine is greatly increased;
- the number of red blood cells during menstruation is significantly increased due to the fact that the fall in urine blood impurities;
- due to the fact that during the release of uterine blood in the urine gets a lot of the epithelium, it may also indicate that no performance analysis, as in a calm state of epithelial cells in urine should be less than ten;
- leukocyte level also significantly increased, which also interferes with obtaining the correct analysis result.
Therefore, if you can pass urine during menstruation has a definite answer that such results can be completely uninformative and you will definitely have to re-take the urine sample after menstruation. Even if there is no pathology, it is still the result will contain the impurities of the blood that will come across the idea of the presence of dangerous conditions, and the urine will still have to retake again.
How to collect urine during menstruation
In the period of menstrual flow, the blood gets into the urine from the vagina, which becomes the most direct factor that acts on the distortion of research results. Thus, in order to effectively eliminate such a possibility, during menstruation to collect the urine as follows:
- before the holding fee is to very carefully wash your hands;
- should be washed away without using gels or soap with normal warm water from the tap. Areas of the vagina is dried with a clean cloth. It is also very important to use the swabs during the collection of urine;
- then you need to collect urine in sterile container, sold in all pharmacies. The container must be clean, if it is not used in the first;
- once all preparations are complete, it is necessary to maximize produce breeding labia and a few grams of urine down into the toilet. Then the middle portion of the urine should be released into the container, while the rest of it is also necessary to drain;
- it is also worth noting that labia should not touch the rim of the container in order to avoid getting a variety of extraneous microorganisms. Therefore, the capacity necessary to keep them at certain distance.
- after the material is collected it must be delivered to the laboratory no later than two to three hours after collection.
If you have produced a collection of urine, according to all the recommendations, it will carry the most accurate information, and the question of whether to provide a urine sample when menstruation is solved spontaneously in a positive way.
However, there are times when the analysis needs to be completely sterile, this fluid collection is produced exclusively by a doctor with a special catheter. Thus, there is absolutely no difference — are you on the rag or not.
Therefore, procedures for collection of biological fluid will not differ special complexity and with its proper conduct, urinalysis will carry all the necessary information that is needed to detect or refute the presence of certain pathologies in the human body.