Inflammation of the nose and throat: symptoms and treatment how to treat
How to treat inflammation of the nasopharynx?
Inflammation of the nasopharynx can occur in case of penetration into the cavity of infections or bacteria. In contact with the mucous region, they in turn begin active growth and gradually poison the body. Such a process is dangerous to humans, as the proximity of the nasal cavity and mouth to the brain can cause a number of complications. In addition, inflammation of the nasopharynx can go to nearby organs and cause disease in the ears and eyes.
To treat inflammation of the posterior wall of the nasopharynx it is necessary to comprehensively and taking different medications for quite a long time. With the progression of the disease in a patient affected mucous layer of the nose and the throat, and it is these organs to cure the hardest. Therefore, the question of how to treat the nasopharynx adult take a closer look.
Signs and symptoms of inflammation
Inflammation of the nasopharynx in a clinical environment is called rhinopharyngitis. In the course of this disease the patient inflamed mucosa of the nasal cavity and throat, causing a number of characteristic symptoms. This type of inflammation is common, as the nasopharynx is the cavity, which every day pass through a greater number of viruses and various bacteria.
By reducing the immune system, disease-causing microbes quickly fixed in this cavity and begin active growth.
This process causes an inflammatory process that occurs with sore throat, nasal congestion, frequent sneezing, and high fever.
Before treatment of nasopharyngitis, it is necessary to establish the causes of the disease.
Most often, the infection in the nasopharynx occurs due to hypothermia or excessive consumption of cold drinks. Other reasons include:
- a weak immune system;
- recent inflammation;
- nervous exhaustion;
- active physical exercise;
- scarlet fever, or measles;
- allergic reaction, which includes not only provoking on breathing of various allergens, and insect bites;
- severe forms of infections;
- complications after sore throat, influenza, SARS;
- bacterial inflammation in the cavity of the nasopharynx.
The presence of these signs cause the rapid development of nasopharyngitis.
Usually the patient begins to celebrate the indisposition on the second day of oral mucosal lesions. The disease is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- sore throat;
- pain when swallowing and as a consequence refusal of food;
- chills and aching muscles;
- severe discomfort and weakness;
- the change in body temperature;
- pain in the head and frontal sinus;
- dry cough, which over time can become damp;
- pain in the joints;
- swelling of the mucous cavity;
- pressure in the throat and nasal cavity;
- severe nasal congestion;
- change tone of voice and the appearance of the nasal;
- change the color of the throat, redness;
- the feeling of burning and severe dryness in the morning;
- the presence of large accumulations of mucous secretion in the nasal cavity and throat;
- violation of nasal breathing;
- in some cases there is swelling of the face and eyelids;
- swollen lymph nodes behind the ears and on the neck;
- insomnia and loss of appetite.
If the inflammation has moved to a more serious stage, the patient may appear painful sensations in the ears and various dysfunctions in the organ of hearing. Disease of the nasopharynx occurs painful, therefore, as a rule, patients do not ignore this process. To get rid of nasopharyngitis, it is necessary to undergo a complex treatment, in the initial stages of development of the disease to cure the inflammation you can at home.
Having had the above-described symptoms, treatment of nasal inflammation can be started only after a personal consultation with medical staff. Independent ways to cure the inflammation can only worsen the patient’s condition.
Note the photo of one of the symptoms of nasopharyngitis:
The treatment of inflammation in the nasopharynx
Standard treatment if laid nasopharynx, is held under the supervision of a physician. When disease in the field the first thing you need to undergo diagnosis and take more tests.
The specialist will make a final diagnosis and prescribe all the necessary drugs.
Infringeme is a procedure allowing to analyze the state of the mucous membranes of the sinuses, the nasopharynx, and to determine the amount of mucous accumulation.
In the treatment of inflammation of the nasopharynx is necessary to completely eliminate the inflammatory process, and reduce the severity of symptoms.
During treatment the patient must comply with bed rest.
In addition, you must follow the diet and not to eat spicy, hot and acidic foods.
Medications for the treatment of nasopharyngeal
After conducting all tests and studies, the patient is prescribed the following medications:
- Antiviral drug Kagocel, Cycloferon, Lavomax, Amiksin, Tilorona, Citovir, Arbidol, Ingavirin.
- In the case of high temperature required Dipyrone or Paracetamol.
- To relieve swelling prescribe antihistamine medications — Zyrtec, Cethrin, loratadine.
- In the treatment process can not do without antimicrobial drugs – Fusafungine, Faringosept, Grameen, Izofra, Hexetidine, Chlorophyllin, Tantum Verde.
- In the course of treatment includes the injection of antibacterial sprays and drops – Neomycin, Baneuoqin, Altargo, Bacroban.
- Inflammation of the nasopharynx is somewhat painful, so the patient is prescribed painkillers, nasal sprays – Otrivin, Grippostad Reno, Gridposition, Novartis, Dlyanos.
- In the treatment process, it is important to strengthen the immune system. For this appointed immunomodulators and vitamins.
- In addition, it is necessary to humidify the mucous cavity drops based oils.
If the disease progresses with complications, the patient is administered antibiotics and medications to improve the outflow of mucous secretions.
Keep in mind that the listed drugs can be treated not more than ten days, and antibiotic – only five.
If the effect of the drugs will not occur, and the patient’s condition significantly deteriorates, it is necessary to perform additional diagnosis.
If necessary, drugs are replaced with more complex medication.
Therapy at home
Treatment of the nasopharynx in the home is possible only after doctor’s permission. Keep in mind that some recipes of traditional medicine can worsen your condition. In addition, it is important to know what ingredients you may be allergic.
It is best to be treated well-known folk remedies. Here are the main ones:
- Daily gargle with infusions of chamomile, calendula or a solution of soda.
- Treating the oral cavity with tincture of propolis.
- Clean nose with firstgov.
- To conduct steam inhalation with essential oils.
In addition, the nasal cavity can be instilled the juice of beets. To do this, enter no more than five drops in each nasal cavity. Pre-nose must be cleaned with a solution of calendula. The SAP must be diluted in purified water and gently put in the nose.
Keep in mind that the procedure can be quite unpleasant. However, it is considered the most efficient among the methods of alternative medicine.
In addition, it is necessary to humidify the lining of the nasal cavity. To do this in the morning and evening lubricate the nostrils in the tea tree oil.
To avoid inflammation of the nasal cavity everyday you need to be outdoors, play sports, swim or run. It is important to support the immune system and taking vitamins. Ditch unhealthy habits and dress for the weather.